Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 17:16   #151
Senior - BHPian

Checked out for mirrors for the bike. Tried on all sort of mirrors before finally settling for the Eliminator one. The other mirrors available in the marker are not of good quality. I guess only the Eliminator and Enticer come with chrome mirrors. The Enticer mirror does not suit the bike as much as the Eliminator one. Have installed only a single mirror.
A bar-end mirror was initially planned but it would stick out of the handlebar so .....
Old 19th August 2007, 10:21   #152

Hey great project Cafe Racer. Keep up the good work, meanwhile, I would like to share with you guys, one of em, my project. The number plates are not yet fixed thoroughly since I am waiting for a 'Good looking' number to reregister her in KL. Should be done in a months time.

kool bike, way to go guys, keep up the spirit. check out my ride, the reg plates are put temporarily since she needs to re reg, waiting for a good number ]

Last edited by Zappo : 19th August 2007 at 12:51. Reason: Instead of breaking up a post into multiple ones post everything at one go. Try and post thumbnails only.
Old 19th August 2007, 15:18   #153
BHPian

Air Filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Thanks vabs and GS. Vabs, do you have any pics of the Uni filter on a Bullet. Or any reviews. I am still keen on fitting either K&N or HP. Havent had much response on filters in this thread.
I have a K&N R-1060 on my CI 350 and a Pipercross C0186F foam-type filter on my recently put together 500 fitted with a Mikuni VM32 carb. I really like the Pipercross filter which was originally fitted on the standard Mikarb 28mm carb, as I found it a bit more difficult to tune the carb from idle to half throttle response when it was fitted with the K&N. If your silencer and air filter set-up is a freeflow design, you will have to go up a couple of sizes on the main jet (more air in and out, more fuel needed for correct mixture). Your fuel economy will naturally suffer but with correct jetting and free-flow set-up you will get performance gains.

Loved your work especially the rear light set-up which I have botched up on mine! I will try and shoot some pics of my filter set-up today and upload for you to have a look.

The Pipercross filter is available in Mumbai for Rs 1500 which is cheaper than the K&N by a few hundred rupees. Call Vivek at Automech Exhausts 2492 6819 / 6660 1055 or from N1 Engineering (authorised Pipercross dealer) *************.com. You may find a dealer closer to you on their web site at Andheri West.

On another note, I will be grateful if you could PM your chroming chaps contact nos as I have a few things to chrome. I may contact you for your fabricators number as I am keen to do a RE based scrambler project after the rains.

Great work!

Dimali
Old 21st August 2007, 12:59   #154
BHPian

My air filter set-up and the 500. Tail light needs to be relocated a bit higher

Side view of the 500

Dimali
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:01   #155
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics Dimali. I currently have a 120 size jet from the Fiat.

ya the taili-light needs to be a bit higher and mounted directly onto the mudguard. With the bracket it sticks out too much. Get a bracket like the one I've made. It'll hold the light as well as the number plate.

Old 22nd August 2007, 12:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

Dimali, I also noticed one more thing. The rear mudguard mount/frame is missing. Have you put the mount of the new Thunderbird or is it a fabricated one. Also where have u installed the battery cos the I cant see the battery box on the other side.
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimali View Post

My air filter set-up and the 500. Tail light needs to be relocated a bit higher

Side view of the 500

Dimali
nice pix and bike. Is the silencer still stock and what your main jet size now?
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:11   #158
Senior - BHPian

Dimali, is your battery and the ignition coil inside the side boxes? I once had my battery inside the left side box. I like that see through look.

The thunderbird mudguard stay is neat, but the old type mudguard stays would be of a great help in hanging the luggage and keeping the luggage at a distance from the rear tire.

Nice bike
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:23   #159
Senior - BHPian

Rearsets

Okay now its time to get serious about them. The best bet is the CBZ ones. They seem to be perfect for the job. Had posted a query on XBhp about spares of the whole setup. Got some valuable information, thanks to Bunny and Unihorn.

They have been of much greater help than the Hero Honda spare parts dealers I tried calling. This is what happened when I called Fortpoint, Mahim:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon at XBhp.com
I call them, a lady answers. I say spare parts, she says "Ho Ho Thamba Thamba". They cannot communicate in English either. She connected me to two other departments who seemed like they were in their sleep. On the phone, I say linkage and he hears leakage.

As posted by Unihorn, this is the required list:
  1. Brake Pedal Rs. 133
  2. Brake side lever – Rs. 77.80
  3. Front Footrest Complete – Rs. 151.10
  4. Front Footrest Rubber Clamp – Rs. 15.55
  5. Front Footrest Bracket – Rs. 77.80
  6. Gear Lever – Rs. 122
  7. Gear Shaft – Rs. 211.10
  8. Rear Footrest Assembly – Rs. 155
Total: Rs. 941.

Will have to check whether any modifications are required to install them. If its minimum modifications, then nothing like it. Of course the connecting rod of the gear lever may have to be a little longer.

Last edited by Gordon : 23rd August 2007 at 14:26.
Old 28th August 2007, 21:26   #160
BHPian

Sankar, Gordon

Battery and coil in toolboxes, just enough space for papers and standard toolkit! In keeping with the see-thru look got the T-bird sub-frame fitted. For weekend touring I have a large pillion bag and for trips requiring my Cramster saddle bags the rear shockers keep it away from the wheel though a lightweight pannier would be ideal.

Hopefully this will be my next project if I can source a cheapo 500 Bullet!

Dimali
Old 1st September 2007, 14:54   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
nice pix and bike. Is the silencer still stock and what your main jet size now?
Since the picture was taken the bike is running on custom free flow silencer painted black. Carb is Mikuni VM32 with 200 main jet. I think she can do with a 220 with the new exhaust set-up.

Anybody know where I can get 21-200 large hex Mikuni main jets?

Dimali
Old 2nd September 2007, 01:04   #162
Senior - BHPian

The gear lever seems to be an easy job. But what about the brake lever?!

• Where do I position the rearsets?!
    Don't want them to be wayyy behind, since it'll be a pain in traffic.

• Brake Lever
    The brake lever is on the right side. But the rear brake is situated on the left side of the rear wheel. How the heck do I make a new linkage?!

• Kick Lever
    Now, if I do manage to make a rearset anddd have a foldable rear footpeg - will the kick start lever touch the brake lever?
Old 6th September 2007, 20:12   #163
BHPian

Gordon,

I am having problems uploading to imageshack so here are a few links to picture reference for your rearset problems.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/79267.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/79268.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/79269.jpg

These are two approaches to locating and routing your brake levers. I think in both mods, the rearsets are located on the swingarm lugs

Hope this helps

Dimali
Old 6th September 2007, 22:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

Dimali, thanks a lot for the pictures. I had smaller ones of those. This was one of the options I already worked out earlier. I had posted about this idea on my website sometime back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimali
the rearsets are located on the swingarm lugs
The rear footpeg are rotated towards the front. This is good. But the only drawback is that the rear persons footpegs are being used.
Old 8th September 2007, 19:01   #165
Senior - BHPian

Ok here is a pic of the complete bike. Dont want to keep you guys waiting till the front mudguard is ready. The bike does look a bit heavy on the front bcos of the front mudguard. Once it is replaced with the shorter mudguard and a wider tyre (both due in a few days), it would look more balanced.

The logo for the tax-disc holer is almost ready. Have to just decide on the final color etc. The new name has also been decided and would be revealed along with the final pics.
Pic / Wallpaper :

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks