Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2007, 22:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

The Goldie would cost you around 2000 bucks. I doubt its available in Bangalore. Anyways, what RE u got?
Old 19th February 2007, 00:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Bullet STD350, it's a 70 model with half drums front & back. It's got a Bull 500's carb and a pod filter. Got a another head that's ported but yet to install it.

The pipe's not available here, i've heard it's available only in Mumbai and Pune.
Old 24th February 2007, 14:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Update as on 24th Feb

The paint from the engine is coming off and is to be repainted. It would be painted in the same color. Would lacquer coating on the engine help or would it peel off due to the heat??

Old 24th February 2007, 20:04   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Would lacquer coating on the engine help or would it peel off due to the heat??
No normal paint would do. Suggest, go for surface buffing.
Old 24th February 2007, 23:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Go for surface buffing and a thin layer of laquer coating to prevent aluminum oxidation.
Old 24th February 2007, 23:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rudra and Sankar. Could you explain this in detail.
Old 25th February 2007, 13:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the bike would look with the BSA tail-lights. 2 pics have been taken. One with the lights right under the seat. And the other with a little away from the seat. The new seat will be shorter by an inch.

Inputs are welcome on which would look better or alternate suggestions.

Old 25th February 2007, 13:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gordon ,

I think the 2nd picture makes the bike look better.
Old 25th February 2007, 15:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

First pic is better. There should be some space between the seat and the tail lamp, even if the seat is goin to be shorter by an inch i'd say the first pic.

You have to disassemble the entire engine for it to be buffed, and every bullet mech knows how to do it as it's a very common thing to do on bullet engines. The cases are polished using a buffing wheel.

But once you disassemble the engine you have two options buffing or powder coating it in matt black. I like the black look so i might go for powder coating and buffed engines are quite common.

After buffing it's sprayed with clear coat so as to prevent oxidation as aluminum tends to oxidise rather quickly when it's exposed to elements. Only a thin layer is applied otherwise it'll yellow.
Old 1st March 2007, 17:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Hi guys,

Any reviews on HP or K&N filter used on a Bullet?

I'm using a K&N RC 1060 with a free flow exhaust from Automech in my RE 350 Electra and I'm quite satisfied with the bump up in bottom end and mid range response. I've had to raise the needle by one notch and bump up the main jet to 110 from a 90 for the bike to run correctly on a NGK BPR7HIX projected tip plug. My next change is going to be a 17 tooth countershaft sprocket for a more relaxed top end cruising.

Your cafe project is looking great and I look forward to seeing the complete bike.

Dimali
Old 1st March 2007, 17:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Update on the project :
The mudguard needs to be cut an inch more to make it low. The frame too has to be cut around 2 inches and re-welded. The mudguard would also need to be bent a bit more since it is not aligned properly.

Tail-lights too have not been decided. Most probably would be the BSA-type ones but the quality of the light is too cheap. May come up with a unique idea for a tail-light.

Guys need some help here :
1. Any idea where you can get Ceat Secura Sport 3.5x19 size tyres in Bombay.
Ceat Tyre :
Gordon,
I also tried to source a Ceat Secura for my RE 350 but was unable to do so in Mumbai. I replaced my MRF ribbed front tyre for a Dunlop 325X19 Dunlop block tread tyres which look quite similar to the Secura.

On the rear I am running on a 18-inch hub, Pulsar 180 rims and a Michelin MT45 4.00X18 tyres. Looks nice, handles good. Will try and post some pictures.
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dimali,
Could you post some pics of your bike. Do Automech make free flow exhausts for bikes too? Where and for how much did you get the Dunlop tyres for? Are they available in 3.5x19.

Thanks for the suggestion N_C and Sankar. I too feel that the lights look better in the first pic. The second looks too cluttered. Will post more pics once the work continues. The seat would be ready in a week.

The problem with fitting the taillight is of alignment. If fitted directly without any mods, it would face upwards. So it would need to be fixed in such a way that it faces straight behind. I guess round mirrors will give way to rectangular ones.
Old 3rd March 2007, 16:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the BSA light :
The chrome would be painted black + black screws would be used.

Old 3rd March 2007, 17:07   #44
BHPian

[quote=Gordon;383531]Hey Dimali,
Could you post some pics of your bike. Do Automech make free flow exhausts for bikes too? Where and for how much did you get the Dunlop tyres for? Are they available in 3.5x19.

Gordon,

Some pictures...

The Dunlop was sourced from Metro Tyres, next to Alibhai Premji on Lamington Road for about Rs 1500. I'm sure they will have a 3.5X19 matching rear tyre in case you want to fit it up front.

I'm also in the process of doing up a 1997 RE Citybike 500cc as a tourer. Will post pics and progress soon

Cheers
Old 3rd March 2007, 18:17   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Some pics of the BSA light :
The chrome would be painted black + black screws would be used.

Nice! I found an interesting tail light set-up that you may find useful

What bracket are you going to use?

Last edited by F50 : 3rd March 2007 at 19:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks