Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2007, 22:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Which Battery ?

Hi,

A friend of mine have M800 Carb and his car battery is dead. Car has done 64K Km till now. His preferences are Exide and Amaron.

So which battery should he go for and which model and the prices ?
Old 5th March 2007, 22:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

amaron any day.....exide does not make good battery now days.....
Old 5th March 2007, 22:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
amaron any day.....exide does not make good battery now days.....

with you....Amaron is better than Exide
Old 5th March 2007, 22:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

thnx guys.. Can some one tell me which model of amaron and the price ? Car is stranded so this is the first thing to be done tomorrow.
Old 5th March 2007, 22:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

amaron woulod cost around 2000 bucks for a M800. Exide is a definite no no.
Old 5th March 2007, 23:18   #6
Team-BHP Support

All you guys are so much against Exide? Funny, my Amby's battery is running fine for last three years.
Old 5th March 2007, 23:35   #7
BHPian

fully agree with LBM, go for amaron and btw amaron batteries also look way cooler than exide's monotonous white battery cases
Old 6th March 2007, 01:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
All you guys are so much against Exide? Funny, my Amby's battery is running fine for last three years.
Even my Exide is running fine for the past 8 months in this car & 2 years in the other.
Old 6th March 2007, 02:25   #9
BHPian

Exide really sucks. i have wrecked 2 of them and after that i went and got a optima but thats too expensive.. Please go for a Amaron or Bosch if you can find one.. Amarom is your best bet !!
Exide usa is totally different from Exide india. ! Trust me exide is a total no no. Silly people only buy a exide even when a amaron is available. Exide india is just not what it used to be.
Old 6th March 2007, 02:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
thnx guys.. Can some one tell me which model of amaron and the price ? Car is stranded so this is the first thing to be done tomorrow.
Amaron 38B20R it's a 35 Amp battery.Most dealers would want to sell you "maruti battery" which technically happens to be 34B20R but it only puts out 32 Amps. With a 35 Amp batt you get better cranking power and longer batt life
Old 6th March 2007, 09:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Even my Exide is running fine for the past 8 months in this car & 2 years in the other.
Thrice i had problems with my exide conking exactly in 13 months out of the warranty. i guess thats why i am averse to exide.
Old 6th March 2007, 09:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

I also back Amaron. I got the high cap version a while back & I'm quite happy with it (= fix-it-forget-it kind of happiness).

The (stock) Exide used to give me trouble occasionally, and conked off just like that one day with no warning. One day it was working normally, and the next morning it was finito. I got the car's electricals checked just in case, but there was no problem there.

And, most importantly, I had some alternator whine issues in my ICE, which disappeared after I switched to Amaron.

Last edited by hydrashok : 6th March 2007 at 09:26.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:08   #13
BHPian

On Last saturday, I got my car's battery changed. I had two options to choose from: Bosch and Amaron.

Bosch: 150AH, comes with 2year warranty, costs Rs 2500 with old battery xchange offer.

Amaron: 150AH, comes with 3year warranty, costs Rs 2700 with old battery xchange offer.

Obviously, I had to go for Amaron, and I'm happy with this choice as now my car in half a crank.
Old 6th March 2007, 12:25   #14
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
Bosch: 150AH, comes with 2year warranty, costs Rs 2500 with old battery xchange offer.
Amaron: 150AH, comes with 3year warranty, costs Rs 2700 with old battery xchange offer.
This seems to be a definite typo. 150Ah is too big, its a truck battery! Car batteries are generally in the 30-60Ah range.

I had some bad experience with Exide, the battery died in approx 18 months, Opted for Panasonic this time, the battery is 2.5 years old in my safari with no problems till date. But i have exide in my motorcycle (2 years), also in my inverter (1 year), both problem free so far.

Does anyone know what brand are the OE batteries that come with the optra? I have it for 3.5 years and still no problems at all.

Cheers.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
This seems to be a definite typo. 150Ah is too big, its a truck battery! Car batteries are generally in the 30-60Ah range.

I had some bad experience with Exide, the battery died in approx 18 months, Opted for Panasonic this time, the battery is 2.5 years old in my safari with no problems till date. But i have exide in my motorcycle (2 years), also in my inverter (1 year), both problem free so far.

Does anyone know what brand are the OE batteries that come with the optra? I have it for 3.5 years and still no problems at all.

Cheers.
Hi Imp,

Thanks for correcting me. Its probably 60Ah.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks