Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2020, 02:08   #61

Re: Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend

When we bought Hexa, the traditional gel based ones were out of question due to weird placement of cubbyholes and the massive cabin ensured my favourite little tree's were out of action in 15 days. This left me with the clip on's as the only solution.
So far I found Areon to be the best smelling of the lot off the shelf.

Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend-41rkc4orjtl.jpg

It still left something to be desired in variety and luckily I found a unique solution to the problem. I stumbled upon a perfume oil website, these are replicas of all known brands and frankly they come quite close to originals in 80% of the cases.

https://perfumesteal.com/

I simply refill the Aeron with these, the consistency is pretty similar to original liquid and the car smells great. Tried at least 7 of them with amazing results with Davidoff Coolwaters clone being the best so far .
murcie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 11:23   #62

Nice thread!!

My choice is always neutral smell inside my car, have never used any type of fragrances or aromatic substances. Always try to keep a neat & clean interior so that the air stay fresh.

Cheers.

Last edited by bblost : 26th September 2020 at 13:42. Reason: Removed extra ... in the post.
Old 26th September 2020, 20:26   #63
BHPian

I would like to thank you all for your wonderful experiences shared. Even I have tested and tried most of above and have lastly settled to air wick with its dispenser. I usually keep it in rear door bottle holder. It sprays every fifteen minutes or so and keeps the car fresh for almost a month. Attaching below the pictures for reference.
I’m no where associated with the given fragrance company.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend-f2a3014e505c4919b2796182b50e20ab.jpeg  

Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend-e2068d37e3a64e919279e8a765cc73c0.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 24th April 2021 at 13:31. Reason: Request you to put a space after a punctuation mark. Thanks.
Rustom Mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 21:33   #64
BHPian

Smells are asymmetric in nature. If your car smells bad, you'll hate it every time you enter - indefinitely.

But if it smells good, you'll notice it for the first few times. And exponentially less over time. That's why you always love fragrances in someone else's car much more than yours.

So getting your car cleaned has a much bigger impact than adding an air freshener.

Diffusion is directly proportional to surface area. And surface area reduces exponentially over time. Which is why its dificult to create a fragrance that diffuses linearly with time. And you don't really want linear. You want exponentially increasing to compensate for the exponentially decreasing sense of smell you have for one particular scent. That could be done by making the perfume into a solid block that has larger air bubbles in the centre and smaller as you get to the surface. I don't know of any product that has tried this approach.

But that would create another problem. Your brain still reacts linearly with any nauseating/headache inducing chemicals. Most of these artificial fragrances induce these feelings.

So you're better off using natural fragrances like flowers and oils. Use different ones every few days so that you don't get too familiar with them.
evil_grin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 22:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post
Now I just enjoy the after fragrance (or the lack of it) of the Ozone treatment and for rainy days I liberally use silica based moisture absorbers.

In worst case scenario, I use the traditional Odonil cake (Lavendar).
Can you elaborate on this ozone treatment you’re referring to? I’m struggling to keep the mushy stench out. It comes on when I first start the AC in the morning. Had the AC deep cleaned twice within a month at MASS. I sometimes smoke with AC shut and front windows rolled down.
Old 27th September 2020, 00:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Can you elaborate on this ozone treatment you’re referring to? I’m struggling to keep the mushy stench out. It comes on when I first start the AC in the morning. Had the AC deep cleaned twice within a month at MASS. I sometimes smoke with AC shut and front windows rolled down.
Ozone treatment is the use of the gas ozone (O3) to remove odors, bacteria, and viruses. After the car interiors are thoroughly cleaned and all possible sources of odour are removed (i.e. mould, food particles, generic oily deposits, dust and grime, seat muck etc), an ozone generator is placed in your vehicle with the doors and windows closed for a certain amount of time, depending on the strength of the odor. As the gas permeates the car, the odor is neutralized and any bacteria and viruses are killed. Ozone treatments are the best method for removing stubborn odors. As a gas, it can reach inside vents, far under seats, saturate upholstery fibers, and reach all the nooks and crannies that you can’t. As gimmicky it may sound, the results show a tangible difference.

I was first introduced to this method by Motoshine in Andheri East. Currently, I get it done at Premji’s at Thane.

Please Note: Ozone is a Lung irritant and we are not supposed to breathe it. Therefore you should avoid sitting in the car immediately after it has been treated with Ozone. Allow at least 1 hour for the gas to escape the car completely .
R_Gowardhan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 03:48   #67
BHPian

A good fragrance not only adds to the personality of a person but also makes a whole lot of a difference to his/ her mood.

I tend to use a good EDP/ EDT instead of a car freshener along with activated charcoal bags. The charcoal bag is kept in the front center console and I spray the fragrance over the rear parcel tray while carefully avoiding the speakers.

The fragrance lasts much longer (6 sprays would easily last 2 days), smells a whole lot better, and the arrangement also comes out to be much less expensive in the long term (my previous 100 ml bottle lasted me well over a year and costed me around 3k).

As far as the fragrance is concerned, its more of a personal choice and it has taken me quite a while and quite a bit of experimenting with several fragrances to find the ones I really like. It doesn't have to be necessarily expensive but just has to appeal to your senses. I once wore a barbie deo (the one that comes in a sky-blue can) which my 6yr old daughter used to spray on her dolls to a wedding since I really liked the smell. In fact, I used the entire can thereafter. One can start with buying small 10ml testers and keep on adding to the collection the ones which capture your senses.
Herschey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 05:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
I've been using Godrej Aer pouches for a long time now. These are super cheap and the different fragrances smell really nice too. Used to have the liquid based ones but stopped using them since the day the spilled liquid melted a small part of my dashboard.
Attachment 2059053
I have used them, they are very strong and spill their fragrance completely in a couple of days making the car unbearable to sit in.

Where do you place yours?
Rshrey22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 09:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
I have used them, they are very strong and spill their fragrance completely in a couple of days making the car unbearable to sit in.

I have seen a lot of Cab drivers use this and it makes the journey a horrid affair. More than 15 mins in a car with the pouch dangling from the IRVM right in front of the AC vents makes me nauseous and I have to ask the driver to turn off the AC and open all windows.
R_Gowardhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 10:28   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustom Mistry View Post
I would like to thank you all for your wonderful experiences shared.Even I have tested and tried most of above and have lastly settled to air wick with its dispenser.I usually keep it in rear door bottle holder.It sprays every fifteen minutes or so and keeps the car fresh for almost a month.Attaching below the pictures for reference.
I’m no where associated with the given fragrance company.
I have been using this in my bathroom and like the fragrance. However I feel it's too strong for a car and may give a headache on long drives. Well it can be stopped on long drives, buy then there will be no fragrance at all in the cabin. This is just a personal choice.

On one occasion, I bought the refill from Amazon and it turned out to be duplicate. The one that came with the main sprayer (same flavour) was very strong. Have you experiencied this ?
Old 27th September 2020, 11:49   #71
BHPian

Thanks but the thing has three modes that can control the intensity of the spray.Even I first used it for our washrooms but over all it works good in the car too.
Old 27th September 2020, 13:17   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm27 View Post
They are supremely over-powering [almost nauseating] for the first 10 days and then start fading away at an exponential rate.
I haven't found the smell that overpowering but it does start to fade away very quickly, I guess that explains why they're so cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
I hang them on the IRVM with the help of the hook that is provided.
TaurusSHO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 23:46   #73

We used something called Honey Kiss during the 2000s. After that, we've used Poppy and after that, we've used Ambi pur but I always liked the first one. It came in ground glass and it was really nice and lasted well. Our car during that time was a Zen.
Old 16th February 2022, 07:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcie View Post

I simply refill the Aeron with these, the consistency is pretty similar to original liquid and the car smells great. Tried at least 7 of them with amazing results with Davidoff Coolwaters clone being the best so far clap
Has anyone tried to use a fragrance oil and pour it on the perfume strip that is present inside the Kia Seltos air freshener?

I saw this YouTube video, where the guy opens the air purifier and shows the perfume strip. Can we pour this oil on the strip and is that effective?
Old 16th February 2022, 09:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

About 4-5 years back I tried a branded activated charcoal product. It absorbs all smell - good and bad - and leaves the car with a neutral "no smell" feel.

Post that I learnt that the coal used in the vintage pressing iron does the same. Since then I have been happily using these in my car.
adisan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks