Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2020, 00:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Coverwell car covers

Thanks for this! I have just booked a new Swift and didn't want my watchman to wash this car and give it swirl marks so I'm thinking I'll invest in a pressure washer and wash it on the weekends and cover it on the weekdays since I work from home anyway.

I have an open parking spot and in just 1 day it gets quite dusty. I wish these guys start making bike specific covers like this!
Old 24th December 2020, 23:54   #17
BHPian

Many thanks to senior Bhpian SLK sir for this thread. Had a pleasant experience at Coverwell car covers today.

I'd been looking for a cover for our Ciaz (ever since our colony stray dogs had torn it apart from multiple places) and I decided to get in touch with Mr. Rajesh Saigal (owner of Coverwell). He is a well-spoken gentleman who listened to my requirements and suggested me to go for the "2x2" model. The 2x2 cover is lightweight and durable and it has an almost rubberised pattern on the inside (which helps protect against swirl marks).

Reached his workshop (Malviya Nagar) and had a look at the material before confirming it. I was quite satisfied with the look/feel of the material and decided to go ahead with the order. Mr. Rajesh said that the cover takes only 20-25 minutes to stitch (as they've got templates for 1200 car models) and he invited me to sit in his office while the work was being completed.

It is during this time that I brought up the Team Bhp reference with him and he told me that I was the 10th person to have come from the forum!! (he had no clue what TBhp was and that is when I showed him the website and this particular thread). Mr. Rajesh, being a senior citizen (71 years) was not very tech savvy and had no idea that there was an online automotive community like ours. He was overwhelmed and very grateful to BHPian SLK for his review of his car covers and conveys his deepest regards to all the members for placing their trust in his work.

In the meanwhile, I also noticed that the cover I had chosen was also the exact one used by Mercedes Benz, BMW and JLR as the OEM covers sold at their dealerships.

We had a lovely time chatting about cars and life and I also took a little tour of his workshop while the cover was being prepared. Sharing some pictures :

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_1706.jpg

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_1707.jpg

Bulk orders of BMW, Mercedes and JLR being prepared :

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_1708.jpg

I also got to know that Mr. Rajesh has been manufacturing custom made car covers since the past 31 years!! He spent 12 years in the US and 19+ years in India. I also noticed pictures of Ferrari, Bentley and Rolls Royce car dealerships using cover made by him - I think this spoke well about the standards of work.

Once the cover was finished, I was requested to first try it on and ONLY then make the payment. Mr. Rajesh personally walked with me to my car (which was parked a good 400 meters away) and his workers put the cover on to test for fitting. Here are the results :

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_1712.jpg

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_1713.jpg

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_1714.jpg

I was impressed with the fit and happily paid for the cover. I was charged lesser than the website price (just asked him the cost and paid without negotiating as I felt the rate was quite reasonable). Would definitely recommend his service for all BHPians!

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_1715.jpg
kunalsingh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 23:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Had spoken to Mr. Saigal a couple of times for the cover and then ordered a red waterproof because I really won't be using a cover in the Bombay rainy season. I cant be holding an umbrella and taking off or putting on a cover but I will be washing it with a washer when its dusty and then leave it on the car to dry.

I found the cover to be slightly large for the car but that's not a bad thing because it covers the entire body and 3/4th of the wheels too. The elastic touches front and rear tyres as you can see. There's no way this covers going anywhere with even a strong wind. I had given special instructions that I will be changing the antenna to the shark fin one but its even fitting over the oem one.

I used a Jopasu duster before covering the car. I'll take some better pictures tomorrow in day light. Overall I'm very happy with the cover. Btw, they also make compact garages for motorcycles.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201225_1953231.jpg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201225_1953571.jpg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201225_1954121.jpg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201225_1954361.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 15:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Some day time pics. Its really easy to put on if another person can help. I ask my watchman. This time I left my mirrors unfolded. The mirror pockets can accommodate much larger mirrors like I'm sure this cover will easily also fit a Ciaz.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201227_151155.jpg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201227_151305.jpg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201227_151209.jpg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201227_151248.jpg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20201227_151220.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:06   #20
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Update: With the heavy rainfall in Delhi in the last 2 days, I can confirm that some water does get through the waterproof cover as well. The cover isn't as soaked as a normal one but the car is wet.

My car wasn't sparkling clean when I put the cover so mixed with water, it did leave watery dust marks. Just to put in perspective, it was just wet enough that I could wipe it off with a single microfiber cloth (both the car and inside of the cover) and put the cover back on for the outside of the cover to dry.

The bad part, it is not completely waterproof! the good part, it has some breathing space for water to dry.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 22:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Damn I was just about to wash it on the car with a washer. Lets see how much water gets in.
Old 8th January 2021, 17:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

So I poured water on the seams with a bottle and then checked inside the cover and there was no water. Let's see how it fairs with a pressure washer.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20210108_170248.jpg  

Last edited by straight6 : 8th January 2021 at 17:09.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 02:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Update: With the heavy rainfall in Delhi in the last 2 days, I can confirm that some water does get through the waterproof cover as well. The cover isn't as soaked as a normal one but the car is wet.

My car wasn't sparkling clean when I put the cover so mixed with water, it did leave watery dust marks. Just to put in perspective, it was just wet enough that I could wipe it off with a single microfiber cloth (both the car and inside of the cover) and put the cover back on for the outside of the cover to dry.

The bad part, it is not completely waterproof! the good part, it has some breathing space for water to dry.
I sprayed the cover with an entire bucket of water with the pressure washer and it was dry inside. I think you may want to contact coverwell and maybe ask for a replacement as I was told they have a 1 year warranty and this is definitely a manufacturing defect.

I'll keep an eye if I find the car wet anytime I wash the cover and update here. I've noticed the cover has decent beading and is dry within 30 mins or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20210109_231736.jpg  

Last edited by straight6 : 11th January 2021 at 02:23.
Old 11th January 2021, 16:32   #24
BHPian

Hi @straight6 , @SLK -which version of covers did you purchase from coverwell?
I'm looking for something which doesn't scratch car's paint easily. I can compromise on water proofing a bit. I'm mainly looking for protection from dust/bird dropping.
Old 11th January 2021, 17:00   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
So I poured water on the seams with a bottle and then checked inside the cover and there was no water. Let's see how it fairs with a pressure washer.
Having a fully waterproof cover is not a good idea for two reasons. One, on hot days, it will trap the heat between the metal and the cover and cause the car to heat up a lot more. May also cause blisters on the paint. Two, if there is moisture on the car before you put on the cover, it will trap the moisture from escaping and will lead to rust spots. It is good to have a cover that breathes
Old 11th January 2021, 17:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
I'm looking for something which doesn't scratch car's paint easily. I can compromise on water proofing a bit. I'm mainly looking for protection from dust/bird dropping.
I've got the waterproof variant as I wanted to be able to wash it regularly with it on the car. I will not be using it at all in the rainy season. Go for their cheapest option the grey water resistant or the white tyvec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Having a fully waterproof cover is not a good idea for two reasons. One, on hot days, it will trap the heat between the metal and the cover and cause the car to heat up a lot more. May also cause blisters on the paint. Two, if there is moisture on the car before you put on the cover, it will trap the moisture from escaping and will lead to rust spots. It is good to have a cover that breathes
I always make sure there's no moisture and I always use the jopasu before covering. Also, the reason I went for the red is so that it reflects some heat as all other colour options were dark. So far I've not noticed any heat inside. The cover surely can't keep a bit of breeze going in as I've noticed some dust on the mirrors when I keep them open and use the pockets so now I keep them folded.
Old 6th February 2021, 12:24   #27

Very helpful thread and thanks to @SLK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
This is exactly my requirement, as I'm looking for a cover for my brand new Sonet and mostly it ll be in a covered parking space, were you able to figure out which version to go for? Also anyone aware if they ll deliver to Bangalore?
ram_bishop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 14:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_bishop View Post
Very helpful thread and thanks to @SLK.

This is exactly my requirement, as I'm looking for a cover for my brand new Sonet and mostly it ll be in a covered parking space, were you able to figure out which version to go for? Also anyone aware if they ll deliver to Bangalore?
I also had the same requirement, I have ordered the basic dust and heat proof cover after speaking with him, cover got shipped yesterday to Bangalore, yet to receive it. If you will place order before 3 pm , they will ship on same day.
im_chandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 09:25   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
I also had the same requirement, I have ordered the basic dust and heat proof cover after speaking with him, cover got shipped yesterday to Bangalore, yet to receive it. If you will place order before 3 pm , they will ship on same day.
Thanks for the details, looking forward for pictures of your new coverwell just one more question, will this basic cover have soft material inside? To avoid scratches?
Old 8th February 2021, 05:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_bishop View Post
Thanks for the details, looking forward for pictures of your new coverwell just one more question, will this basic cover have soft material inside? To avoid scratches?
I don't think any of their variants have soft material inside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks