Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2022, 21:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Coverwell car covers

It's time to replace my cover as some stray dogs that come into the bldg recently have torn the cover. Need to make a spray with citrus or vinegar to keep dogs away. Will mostly go for the basic variant this time as I now have a stilt parking.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Coverwell car covers-img_20220206_070726.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 16:34   #77
BHPian

I have bought the Waterproof + UV (4300 INR) cover from coverwell last week for my Sonet. Happy with the quality and experience.

I was thinking it would come with a strap that goes around the underbody, that holds it from flying off in high winds. Instead, two buttons were provided on both sides, and the coverwell owner asked me to procure the strap myself.

I wanted to check if anyone got a strap that matches these buttons, and where they got it.
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:22   #78

Carried away with the immensely consistent reviews for Coverwell on TBHP, I ordered one for my XL6 a couple of days ago and received it via courier on 3rd Nov'22. The packaging was good and compact.

But I am less than satisfied after having installed it.

1. Overall, it's not a snug fit and I need to see how well it stands up in case of strong air

2. The notch for the shark fin antenna has been stitched at the far front of the roof while in XL6 (and I guess in most other cars too) the antenna is at the far back side of the roof.

3. It was quite a task to install the cover, though I figured out that the Suzuki emblem print is the way to locate the front end of the cover

I had ordered the basic grey dust and heat proof fabric and my first impression is acceptable on the material quality and stitching.

There is a compact carry bag in which the car cover came, but I am absolutely sure that I will not be able to roll it back compactly enough to store it in that bag.

Sidenote: The landed cost includes a whopping 28% GST on the product. I find it insanely high.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Coverwell car covers-carcovercarrybag.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 23rd November 2022, 12:26   #79
BHPian

Unable to get in touch with Coverwell to get a cover for Jeep Compass. One of the phone number on the website just rings and the other one is switched off. Have also emailed them, no response so far.

Wanted to know the difference between the Rs 2800 Scratch less, Water resistant cover and the more expensive Rs. 4300 Water proof cover.

Anyone with a recent purchase experience? Hesitant to order with the no-response situation.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th May 2023, 11:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I tried the cover yesterday.

Type: Basic dust& heat proof scratch less waterproof
Color: Grey
Car: Honda City 5th gen
Order to delivery: Less than a week (to Kerala)
Price: 2380 (including delivery charges)

Short review
Fit - very good. It also has elastic bottom which keeps the cover in place during windy conditions.
Material - good. Thicker and heavier than the normal cover you get in the market.
Ease of use: You need someones help to cover.
Issues: Couple of small holes noticed and water may enter through it.
Rating: 4/5

I have a covered parking space so was looking for a basic cover.

I folded the mirror that is the reason cover looks bit stretched in the picture. It looks fine if I keep the mirror open.
Latheesh, can you please confirm how the cover is holding up and whether it is causing any scratches? I need a cover for my City which is always parked in my porch (only a spray of rainwater reaches the car when it's windy). Any leads on which material/option I should choose would be very useful.
Old 9th May 2023, 23:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Latheesh, can you please confirm how the cover is holding up and whether it is causing any scratches? I need a cover for my City which is always parked in my porch (only a spray of rainwater reaches the car when it's windy). Any leads on which material/option I should choose would be very useful.
I use it occasionally and cover is good.
I dust the car using Jopasu car duster before putting the cover. I follow an improved/gentler version of this to put on and take off the cover without scratching.

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 12:59   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I tried the cover yesterday.

Type: Basic dust& heat proof scratch less waterproof

Fit - very good. It also has elastic bottom which keeps the cover in place during windy conditions.
Material - good. Thicker and heavier than the normal cover you get in the market.
Ease of use: You need someones help to cover.
Issues: Couple of small holes noticed and water may enter through it.
How good is it at keeping the car dust proof and water proof?
Is the material see through/translucent, will the car heat up when parked under direct sunlight?
Have you noticed scratches on the paint so far?
Old 13th March 2024, 13:13   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Dust proof - yes. For water proof, check the options available on their website

Review: Coverwell car covers-untitled.jpg

Quote:
Is the material see through/translucent, will the car heat up when parked under direct sunlight?
Not see through. No heating issue, but I have a covered parking.

Quote:
No scratches due to cover noticed till now.

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th March 2024 at 13:20.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 01:28   #84
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
1) Buy the waterproof material, it'll keep the car dust proof better than the dust proof one (i.e. fine dust)
2) Waterproof is softer (rubberized) inside, I'll expect less scratches and relatively heavier so sits better. Its also easier to put on and pack due to its slightly heavier construction.
3) Waterproof will also let in some water from the stitch lines, so heavy rains will drench it too.
4) All covers rub against the paint, so its important to clean the car before covering to avoid dust friction. If its windy, edges of your paint will bear the brunt of the cover rubbing over, but to put it in context, its worked out better than leaving the car to the elements.

If budget is no constraint, choose waterproof even for covered parking.

Last edited by SLK : 15th March 2024 at 01:31.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 18:35   #85

Hi,

Can anyone please share their experience of using the cover in open parking space?
How is the cover holding up and any comments on the lifetime of the cover?
Has anyone ordered the UV protection one or is aware that how is that different from the dust and heat proof one?

I have an open parking and car stays there the entire day facing heat and dust and thus looking for a cover.
Old 22nd April 2024, 07:54   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitklearner View Post
Hi,

Can anyone please share their experience of using the cover in open parking space?
How is the cover holding up and any comments on the lifetime of the cover?
Has anyone ordered the UV protection one or is aware that how is that different from the dust and heat proof one?

I have an open parking and car stays there the entire day facing heat and dust and thus looking for a cover.
Similar scenario. I have an open parking with Mumbai heat and rain.

I have been using the water-proof version which lasted for the ~2 years. A little bit of dust and water will go, but drastic reduction when compared to not putting the cover on. While the cover provided with the car would come off due to winds, this one stays on the car in most cases.Once it's get a little older (1-2 years), heavy winds and wet cover can lead to tearing of the cover.

I am pretty happy with cover performance, and replaced it with identical cover couple of weeks back.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks