Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 14:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

got the pin type installed from Minda - Bangalore,thanks to Ramki's post here - I paid 900 for the Kit and 150 for fitting... 1050 Total with B&W. took at least 2 hours to get it fixed, but only thing I did not do is, I did no DD work, I asked Narsuram - 9886477605 to procure it from his head quaters and I went with him from JC Road to a car accessory shop and drove the front up a ramp and got it fixed. Its a real pain to install, but works well now...
Old 24th June 2008, 16:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Wow thats too cheap man! I guess Xenos must be having the same pin type model for Accent as well as Getz. I wonder why then the same model for Getz costs double?
The accessory shop might have taken me for a ride. It does not make sense for Getz to be double. Get it checked with Xenos directly.

Moral of the story for me: Stay away from J.C Road, especially Auto World.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 24th June 2008 at 16:11.
Old 24th June 2008, 16:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The accessory shop might have taken me for a ride. It does not make sense for Getz to be double. Get it checked with Xenos directly.

Moral of the story for me: Stay away from J.C Road, especially Auto World.
I got it fitted from Xenos and was charged Rs 1800
Old 24th June 2008, 17:41   #64
BHPian

I got a autocop pin type fitted for 1500 bucks in my Dzire
Old 27th July 2008, 07:16   #65
BANNED

Quote:
I got it fitted from Xenos and was charged Rs 1800
What vehicle was this for ?
Could you provide contact details of Xenos in Mumbai ?

Thanks
Old 28th July 2008, 12:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
What vehicle was this for ?
Could you provide contact details of Xenos in Mumbai ?

Thanks
This was for Getz (pin type gear lock). I dont have the no for Xenos, I got it by calling Just dial (8 times 2). Also, the company price would be higher by 300-400 RS, but they will come to your doorstep to install it. Otherwise, buy it from any car accessory shop. Its comes for a lower price and installation is included in the price.
Old 28th July 2008, 13:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was for Getz (pin type gear lock). I dont have the no for Xenos, I got it by calling Just dial (8 times 2). Also, the company price would be higher by 300-400 RS, but they will come to your doorstep to install it. Otherwise, buy it from any car accessory shop. Its comes for a lower price and installation is included in the price.
I bought it from car accessory shop, Auto World, J.C Road, Bangalore and I have paid Rs.700 more than what you have paid - 2500 + 250 for installation. The installation was done by Xenos guys at my place as the car accessory guys did not have the capability to install it - I was ready to take my car to the accessory shop. But Xenos told me to either get the car to their place or Xenos guy would come to my place.

Car Accessory shop will just add their commission and get you in touch with the Xenos guys. Not at all recommended in my opinion.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th July 2008 at 13:15.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:11   #68
BHPian

Why would you guys think that It is impossible to drive away by pressing the clutch irrespective of which gear the car is in?
My friend recently lost the key for the gear lock (Guardian) and three of us (alternatively) could easily push the car for 500 meters to get it to park outside home. And then waited for his wife to come home from outstation as she had the other key in her purse.
Old 16th September 2008, 13:52   #69
Senior - BHPian

Nothing is impossible. It is only that one tries to make the life difficult for the car-jackers/thieves. What if the car is parked in reverse with its boot towards a wall and the front wheels turned fully to either left or right?

I do it the same way everytime and always try to find a wall or a barrier while parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Why would you guys think that It is impossible to drive away by pressing the clutch irrespective of which gear the car is in?
Old 17th September 2008, 19:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
My friend recently lost the key for the gear lock (Guardian) and three of us (alternatively) could easily push the car for 500 meters to get it to park outside home. And then waited for his wife to come home from outstation as she had the other key in her purse.
Hi my car has two locks a steering wheel lock (pedal to wheel type) and the gear lock.I lock the clutch with the steering lock and the gear in reverse with gear lock.This make's it difficult to even push the vehicle.

However i have read in new's papers even with gear locks ,steering locks and autocop's installed people's car's do get stolen.Recently read a article in mumbai mirror where a guy's "second" scorpio fitted with a gear lock and the latest alarm system got stolen while he was away.
Sometimes make me wonder if all those anti-theft devices really work???

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 17th September 2008 at 19:11.
Old 19th September 2009, 08:47   #71
BHPian

~bump~

I need to fit xenos gear lock for my car spark, gear lock's base needs to be installed from under side by drilling holes into cars body, so will it void cars warranty?? Will there be any rusting problem in future due to this drilling??
Please reply......

Last edited by splitsecond : 19th September 2009 at 08:49.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:46   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
~bump~

I need to fit xenos gear lock for my car spark, gear lock's base needs to be installed from under side by drilling holes into cars body, so will it void cars warranty?? Will there be any rusting problem in future due to this drilling??
Please reply......
someone please reply to this...
Old 21st September 2009, 13:58   #73
BHPian

Even I am planning to fit a gear lock for my Hyundai i10 from an authorized showroom in Bangalore. Could somebody tell me whether this would void the warranty??
Old 21st September 2009, 14:56   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
However i have read in new's papers even with gear locks ,steering locks and autocop's installed people's car's do get stolen.Recently read a article in mumbai mirror where a guy's "second" scorpio fitted with a gear lock and the latest alarm system got stolen while he was away.
Sometimes make me wonder if all those anti-theft devices really work???
They are just a visual deterrant for an average thief. For the accomplished thief they are just a small hinderance and do not take much work to overcome.

I guess we are lucky that professional thieves are few and far between. Do make use of these locks but never fall into the trap of thinking your car is thief proof just because you have these devices fitted. Alway park your car in a well lit area if possible and never have any valuables on show. Its amazing how many people never remove the faceplate of their HU.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:01   #75
Senior - BHPian

Saw a new type of steering lock today at an accessories shop. This one hooks the gear lever and the clutch pedal. The one behind it w/o the keys is the normal one.
Attached Thumbnails
Gearlock-image2052.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks