Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 13:04   #76
BHPian

Since last three days i was struggling with one dealer to get a Pin Type Gear Lock for Santro, everytime he had one excuse or the other, he quoted Rs.1200/- + fitting for MINDA,

Now i got Xenos for Rs.1000/- and I am going to get it fixed in a hour or two from now.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:31   #77
BHPian

1200 is fine for minda.
In mumbai i paid Rs.1500 (including fitting) for a Minda pin type gear lock in a santro.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1380582

UM

Last edited by UniqueMods : 25th November 2009 at 14:34.
Old 26th November 2009, 05:15   #78
BHPian

got the Minda Installed for Rs.1200/- which included fitting.

now have to get in habit of locking it while leaving the vehicle.

Install pics soon
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:04   #79
BANNED

I got a pin type installed for Rs 800, know a person in delhi who does wholesale sort of job. The company was Rautela, the price on the box was Rs 1200. The warranty is for 5 years. The guy from company came and fitted that. He did a nice clean job. I am happy.

There's no rocket science in gear locks, there's just a plate that is fitted in and two holes are driled. The pin locks the gear when it is brought to reverse position.
Old 17th December 2010, 15:59   #80
BHPian

Re: Gearlock

Can any one let me know where I'll find gear lock in Chennai for my Wagon R? It is not available in Xenos showroom (at nandaman). The person whom I met at Xenos told bluntly that they don't have trained person to do installation even if I get it online from Xenos.

I badly need one as I'm parking my wagon on the road in front of my rented home at Madipakkam.

I even checked at the big accessories showroom (can't remember the name) located in OMR. To my surprise the sales representative was not even aware what is Gear lock or Gear shift lock.

Help me out guys.

Regards,
Imran
Old 17th December 2010, 19:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Send Mr. Pravin bajaj.blackcat@gmail.com an email regarding your make and model of the car. He will let you know if he has the Minda gear lock for your car. Wire him the money and he will send you the stuff in 7 days. Next, call up Xenos guys and they will send an installer to your house who will install it for a paltry sum. This is what I did for my gear lock. It is not easy to find one who does everything from retailing to fitting. There are people who do it but they are either expensive/unreasonable or don't do the job upto the mark.
Old 18th December 2010, 04:42   #82
BHPian

I am sure there are hundred of people from Chennai here on forums who have purchased and installed Gear Locks, you need to search directory forum and try other side of the town to find a shop which does this job.

Go with Minda, its a very reliable product.
Old 18th December 2010, 11:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Send Mr. Pravin bajaj.blackcat@gmail.com an email regarding your make and model of the car. He will let you know if he has the Minda gear lock for your car. Wire him the money and he will send you the stuff in 7 days. Next, call up Xenos guys and they will send an installer to your house who will install it for a paltry sum. This is what I did for my gear lock. It is not easy to find one who does everything from retailing to fitting. There are people who do it but they are either expensive/unreasonable or don't do the job upto the mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I am sure there are hundred of people from Chennai here on forums who have purchased and installed Gear Locks, you need to search directory forum and try other side of the town to find a shop which does this job.

Thanks Pervez and ghpk. As mentioned in my above post, I checked with the Xenos guy regarding sourcing gear lock online from the company and get it installed at dealer's place, but his reply was "they don't have trained staff to do the installation".

As you mentioned it is difficult to find one at accessories showroom. Besides, I not familiar with the area beyond teynampet/T nagar.

Thanks for the email ID, if nothing works, i'm planning to get it shipped to Bangalore and installed there in my next home visit.

Chennai folks give me some lead.

Regards,
Imran
Old 18th December 2010, 20:05   #84
BANNED

Imran

Contact Minda Directly and you will get the contact person name andf details for your city.

I also got it installed in my Logan in Bangalore where 98% of dealers are not aware of or not willing to sell.

Here is the contact no. of Minda (Toll free) : 1800 -10 - 22777

Dial up No. : 91 120 4787100
Old 28th December 2010, 11:34   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Imran

Contact Minda Directly and you will get the contact person name andf details for your city.

I also got it installed in my Logan in Bangalore where 98% of dealers are not aware of or not willing to sell.

Here is the contact no. of Minda (Toll free) : 1800 -10 - 22777

Dial up No. : 91 120 4787100
Thanks micrographics.

Unable to reach on the given numbers. I even wrote an email to the Mr Praven bajaj.blackcat@gmail.com at bajaj communications as suggested by pervez bhai, but no reply yet.

Is there any shop in Bangalore (JC Road) where I can find this readily available? I going to Bangalore this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post

I search the directory forum - Chennai, no information available on gear lock. NO HELP from Chennai Bhpeans too. I even sent an email at infoonweb@mindacorporation.com but no reply.
Old 28th December 2010, 15:10   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Thanks micrographics.

Unable to reach on the given numbers. I even wrote an email to the Mr Praven bajaj.blackcat@gmail.com at bajaj communications as suggested by pervez bhai, but no reply yet.

Is there any shop in Bangalore (JC Road) where I can find this readily available? I going to Bangalore this weekend.

I search the directory forum - Chennai, no information available on gear lock. NO HELP from Chennai Bhpeans too. I even sent an email at infoonweb@mindacorporation.com but no reply.
Imran

Sorry, there is no one in Bangalore who deals in Gear Lock. You have to contact Minda people directly.

Apart from the tollfree number, I've mentioned another number as well. Pls. try to contact on that number.

While searching the net, I came across following Minda office in Chennai :

MINDA AUTO CARE LTD.
No. 7, Ist Floor, Sun Plaza,
G.N. Chetty Road,
Chennai - 600006.
Phone: +91-44-28151299
Email: queries@mindaautocare.com

Last edited by micrographics : 28th December 2010 at 15:13.
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:15   #87
BHPian

Gearlock in (Vento) AT ?

Hi, I've been searching these forums and also the internet to find out if a Gearlock can be installed on an AT (Vento to be specific). But I couldn't find any satisfactory link, so posting this question here.

Are the regular mechanics (even those of branded accessories chains) skilled enough to open the AT cover and install a gearlock cleanly? Has anybody on TBHP installed one in their AT car? If yes, can you please share some pics or info?

Thanks,
RS
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronline
Hi, I've been searching these forums and also the internet to find out if a Gearlock can be installed on an AT (Vento to be specific). But I couldn't find any satisfactory link, so posting this question here.

Are the regular mechanics (even those of branded accessories chains) skilled enough to open the AT cover and install a gearlock cleanly? Has anybody on TBHP installed one in their AT car? If yes, can you please share some pics or info?

Thanks,
RS
If I am not wrong the P gear is as good as gear lock. Why do you want a separate lock?
Alternatively you can think about putting a custom made box with a lock on the gear knob so that it prevents anyone from pressing the button. I guess that would prevent moving out from P gear.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:58   #89
BHPian

For anyone interested in fitting gear lock:

Autocop and Xenos have stopped manufacturing gear locks. Got this information from the company dealers in Bangalore.
Minda does still provide gear locks. There is a contact person in Bangalore (Narsuram), spoke to him and he said that single orders are not entertained. There needs to be bulk order of ~20 for him to procure.
Anyone interested so that we can gang up and place an order?
Old 23rd June 2014, 19:12   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
For anyone interested in fitting gear lock:

Autocop and Xenos have stopped manufacturing gear locks. Got this information from the company dealers in Bangalore.
Anyone interested so that we can gang up and place an order?
Autocop gear lock is very much available for sale on ebay , It may be just that dealers don't stock items that don't move fast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks