Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 22:09   #1
BHPian

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again

It's been a while that I had used a Wax on any of my vehicles. The last I remember was Formula1 which I used on my dad's Honda City when I was in college.
It used to be an out-of-world experience but as time passed and sealants, coatings took over the market promising gloss and protection these waxes were a thing of the past, or at least I thought so.
The major letdown was that waxes never offered longevity as others did considering the efforts you put, so why bother.
Lately, I have seen the revival of waxes from multiple brands(Unfortunately most of them are not available in India) with some offering equivalent protection than sealants while giving you that lovely experience of waxing your ride.
I have been planning to try the Turtle wax brand for a long time but never got the opportunity as I already had stock from other brands.
I follow the detailer cum YouTuber "Pan - The Organizer" closely and saw his video about the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic+Graphene Paste Wax from Turtle wax which was launched on their 75th anniversary.
A day later I get an email from Autofresh that they have stocked it and are offering a discount on orders.
I couldn't miss the opportunity to get my hands on one of them and relive the waxing nostalgia again.

Why Hybrid Solutions Ceramic+Graphene Paste Wax?

-Wanted to enjoy the waxing experience again
-I believe spray waxes/sealants suffer from an uneven application whereas waxes since done by hand ensures uniform coverage.
-Lack of other waxes which offer everything in one package. Even if there is the brand is not available in India (Eg. Adams, Fusco)
-Wanted to try the Turtle Wax products and see for myself what's the hype about.
-Waxes with ceramic and graphene are not available in the Indian market based on my research so this was the only option.

PLEASE NOTE I am nowhere associated with the brand and all the views are of my own.
Members are free to disagree/correct me.

Price
2400Inr for a 156gms Tub.
Bought it from Autofresh. in for 2160 after applying the coupon code.

Look/Touch/Smell
A pleasant smell which is a mix of butter and tropical fruit(Which fruit I am not sure about)

Availability
Amazon.in
Autofresh.in

How is it Different

-10 Waxes+Ceramic+Graphene all infused in 1 product.
-Supposedly offers gloss and protection equivalent to sealants
-Wax application doesn't require too much know-how so an average joe can confidently use the product without worrying about the procedure.

Test subject

-Hyundai Creta 2019(White)
-Vehicle has been coated with Max Protect UK around 2 years back.
-Last topcoat refresh was 3 months ago using Carpro HydrO2 spray sealant.
-The topcoat is performing Ok in my opinion.

Process Followed
1. Pre-soaked the car with Bilt Hamber Surfex HD(10% Dilution) and after 2 minutes rinsed with water to degrade any waxes, sealants, grime.
2.The Vehicle was sprayed with Iron X for Chemical decontamination and after dwelling for 3-5 minutes used a MF towel and rinsed the vehicle gently to evenly spread the product. Rinsed with water to remove any excess product.
3.Sprayed the vehicle with Carpro Spotless to get rid of water spots and after 2 minutes used a MF towel and rinsed the vehicle gently to evenly spread the product. Rinsed with water to remove any excess product.
4.Washed the vehicle with pH-neutral shampoo and dried the vehicle.
5.Applied the wax one panel at a time till it hazes and then buffed off with towels.

How easy is the application?
-It's a Buff on Buff Off product, and just like any other wax the initial removal offers some resistance but the buffing is smooth as butter. Overall not tiresome by waxing standards.
-With Lighter color vehicles it's a challenge to know if the spread is even and if the whole panel is covered or not. In few instances, I had to use the Mobile led light to ensure the coverage. Dark colors shouldn't face this problem
-It took me 1.5 hours for waxing the whole car including the glass area.

How economical
-Definitely not on the economical side as you can get a spray sealant at roughly half the price which is easier to apply
-You pay for the experience along with the same level of gloss and protection(Yet to gauge) so it demands a premium
-Comparatively easy on pocket especially when you have products in the market like IGL Coatings "ECOshine Nano wax" which costs double than this one.

Protection and how I intend to test it
-Yet to ascertain as it's a new product in the market and due to lockdown cannot take the vehicle out in the elements to see how it behaves.
- Manufacturer claims 12 months but even if I get 5-6 months I will be a happy man.
-I will soon be relocating to a different apartment where I won't have the luxury to do a full wash hence will be using ONLY waterless wash(Proklear+Ech02) to clean the vehicle when mildly soiled and a full wash from any car wash with my own foam wash(Planning to buy Turtle Wax Ice Snow Foam + Sonax BSD as a topper IF need be)when it's full of dirt and grime. Will see how long a single coat can survive with regular maintenance.

Gloss & Beading

-The gloss and beading certainly got a considerable bump post-application.

Overall Impressions and general Observations
-Purpose of using this product was purely to relive the waxing experience while protecting the paint.
-If the longevity is even half of what is claimed I would still consider it a good deal.

It was almost 5 Pm by the time I finished so could not click pics in ample light but that will be done as soon as the lockdown is lifted so hang tight.
The Pics might not be the best but still gives a fair idea. Lockdown is to blame
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210416_195021.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210416_195426.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210416_195529.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-wax.png  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_134005.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_134058.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_134203.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_134611.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_134615.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_134620.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_134631.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_135747.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_135758.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_140947.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_141028.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_141309.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_144358.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_144542.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_144741.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_145113.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_152029.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_153305.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_153314.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_153945.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_153957.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_165558.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_165732.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210503_165745.jpg  

Last edited by Artyom : 3rd May 2021 at 22:12.
Artyom is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 23:47   #2
BHPian

re: Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again

That's really a inspiring post, I was also looking out to try the same, but was confused between so many products, Currently using Waterless and foam wash
Would you mind giving us links of all the products you have used along with Turtle wax?
a4_attitude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 00:32   #3
BHPian

re: Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again

Great write-up Artyom.
It is always exciting to go through your detailing experiences. If I could have one thing from your collection of tools, it would be that Kwazar Foamer Bottle. Damn those things are pricey in India.

Do share your experience post 3 months on how this holds up.
Btw, the amount of chemicals that you used (Surfex, IronX, Spotless), won't it degrade the base ceramic coat on your car?
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 03:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Would you mind giving us links of all the products you have used along with Turtle wax?
Appreciate your kind words dmitri :-)
Ill try to share the website names as links might be old and non functional.
1.Turtlewax products,Kwazer foamer, from Autofresh.in
2.Carpro Products Spotless ,Iron X locally from Ultimate detailerz who is the distributor or CARPRO in India.I can share his number and you can place the order directly with him.
3.Gyeon Bathe shampoo and towels are from GreenzCar Care.They stock preety much all the brands are are distributors for few.They ship PAN INDIA.
4.Sonax products from Carpowergrid.com. Again distributors for SONAX. Sonax products also available on AMAZON well.
5.BiltHamber and the brushes from Detailedclean.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Do share your experience post 3 months on how this holds up.
Btw, the amount of chemicals that you used (Surfex, IronX, Spotless), won't it degrade the base ceramic coat on your car?
Appreciate the appreciation.
I am eager to find out the longevity so will dedinately update this thread.
Apparently ceramic coats are resistant to these chemicals provided they have not been degraded already enough before application of these chemixals.In my case i am 50 50 that the coat is still holding on or has it degraded not due to these chemicals but even before that.Using chemicals was to prep the paint without clayibg for the wax to hold up.
And yes the Kwazer was an implusive buy after i reviewed the PROKLEAR Waterless foam wash on this forum( https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=574755 (The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate))).Ill be posting the review for the foamer soon.Me and anothee forum member bought it at a discount of 15 %.So let me know if you are interested and ill share the number of the gentleman who helped us at Autofresh.in
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 20:30   #5
BHPian

Re: Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again

Thank you for your review and links, very useful!
Reesnat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 20:55   #6
BHPian

Re: Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again

Thanks for the review. For a White color - it sure shines like candy! Congratulations.

Even I want to try out this wax. Let us know how it performs in subsequent wash cycles. Also awaiting pics of your car in bright day/sunlight!
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 21:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Thanks for the review. For a White color - it sure shines like candy! Congratulations.

Even I want to try out this wax. Let us know how it performs in subsequent wash cycles. Also awaiting pics of your car in bright day/sunlight!
Appreciate your kind words brother. I am glad the elbow grease paid out.
I am eagerly waiting to take the vehicle out and click some pics to gauge the gloss and ill record some water sheeting quick videos as well.
Old 5th May 2021, 10:10   #8
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Really impressive. How are you keeping the door and wheel arch claddings so black?
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 10:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good job there, quite an arsenal you got, and I noticed your apartment has a 'wash bay'. Its just one of those essentials a builder MUST provide. Now, who does that, these days Does that KWAZER Venus foamer work on regular shampoo, or any particular chemical? Sorry if you have covered that aspect in your post, and I missed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
It was almost 5 Pm by the time I finished so could not click pics in ample light but that will be done as soon as the lockdown is lifted so hang tight. The Pics might not be the best but still gives a fair idea. Lockdown is to blame
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 12:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Really impressive. How are you keeping the door and wheel arch claddings so black?

Thanks, Brother.
For the wheel arches, I regularly clean them during a full wash using a long brush(The one you see in the pic at the extreme right Blue/black colour). For the doors, I usually use APC to clean them and then use either Sonax BSD or Carpro Perl once in a while to keep them black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Good job there, quite an arsenal you got, and I noticed your apartment has a 'wash bay'. It's just one of those essentials a builder MUST provide. Now, who does that, these days Does that KWAZER Venus foamer work on regular shampoo or any particular chemical? Sorry if you have covered that aspect in your post, and I missed it
Thanks, Brother.
Well yes the wash bay is a boon and I agree it should be present in most of the apartments for the fellow detailers
I have used the former mostly for waterless washes and occasionally for shampoo during full washes. Being a foamer it's recommended to use a foam shampoo but then any shampoo should do.
I haven't reviewed the Kwazer foamer yet and its in the pipeline so hang tight.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 12:39   #11
BHPian

Great to see the review of this wax in team-bhp. I was eyeing this when it launched. I'm not generally a fan of Pan the Advertiser , but his reviews are good, especially with new products. The cost is what is pulling me back right now. My car is sealed with Sonax BSD and Turtle Wax Seal and Shine combo, topped with collinite 845 from a fresh bottle. Is the beading greater than BSD? Right now BSD is my bench mark for water beading and collinite for depth/gloss
jothishX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 14:12   #12
BHPian

With lots of dilemma, got myself one this Monday from Amazon (I see its bit expensive than autofresh.in, I had forgotten of this site).
The Wax has been sitting on my table since a couple of days and eagerly waiting for weekend to see the magic happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothishX View Post
I'm not generally a fan of Pan the Advertiser, but his reviews are good
Saw video of the "Pan" guy, felt he is outright TurtleWax brand ambassador. Then had to watch all possible videos on YT before buying.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 14:39   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
The Wax has been sitting on my table for a couple of days and eagerly waiting for the weekend to see the magic happen. Saw a video of the "Pan" guy, felt he is an outright TurtleWax brand ambassador. Then had to watch all possible videos on YT before buying.
Well, ill agree with the point that Pan does exaggerate and kinda favours Turtle Wax more than others but I actually did go through a lot of other videos from other detailers like (ONR detailing, Jimbo and others)after that, I decided to place the order.
Having said that I must admit the gloss is something I have not seen so far in a long long time. Part of this could be attributed that waxes are generally more inclined towards gloss and shine than protection. The real test will be longevity which will decide if the premium is worth it or not.

Please do try and share your thoughts as well as what do you think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothishX View Post
I'm not generally a fan of Pan the Advertiser, but his reviews are good, especially with new products. The cost is what is pulling me back right now. My car is sealed with Sonax BSD and Turtle Wax Seal and Shine combo, topped with colline 845 from a fresh bottle. Is the beading greater than BSD? Right now BSD is my benchmark for water beading and collinite for depth/gloss
Well, ill agree with the point that Pan does exaggerate and kinda favours Turtle Wax more than others but I actually did go through a lot of other videos from other detailers like (ONR detailing, Jimbo and others)after that, I decided to place the order.
I am planning to use BSD as the top coat as it's been more than 24 hours now and the paint is ready for topping.
I am a fan of BSD however my observation is that the wax is offering a deeper gloss than BSD. Water beading I am yet to check as I haven't been able to record anything.
Cost I agree is a bit on the higher side but if it offers 5-6 months durability then it would make it worth IMHO.
(BSD+Seal n Shine+Collinite) that is some serious protection there brother.
Old 6th May 2021, 11:56   #14
BHPian

Thank you Artyom Paaji for such a detailed and extensive write-up.

Though it looks easy, in reality achieving such a great job with detailing is back-breaking. Can replace a cardio session in the gym without a doubt.
Good to see that you have a dedicated wash-bay in your apartment, one of the many things I struggle with while trying my hands on keeping the ride clean.

Hope to pick up a piece of advice or two from you, when we will meet. Till then, keep surprising us with your detailing sessions.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 12:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Thank you Artyom Paaji for such a detailed and extensive write-up.
Though it looks easy, in reality achieving such a great job with detailing is back-breaking. Can replace a cardio session in the gym without a doubt.
Good to see that you have a dedicated wash-bay in your apartment, one of the many things I struggle with while trying my hands on keeping the ride clean.
Hope to pick up a piece of advice or two from you, when we will meet. Till then, keep surprising us with your detailing sessions.
Appreciate the kind words Bhai. Well sadly I will be relocating within the city and won't have the luxury to do a full wash anymore but I am sure will figure out some regime where I can get the car washed from outside with my requirements being met. It will be a waterless wash going forward and hopefully, the wax will hold up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks