Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 23:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I still have never heard of Fendition. Neither has google. Any links would be appreciated.
I have'nt either, he could be talking about the K-member or engine cradle, but sounds like a mechanic's lingo to me.
Old 26th May 2007, 00:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

The engine cradle is the sub-frame, right? But even that would come under foundation.

And yes, I've checked as well. No fenditions in mechanics (the subject, that is).

And about high-revving diesel engines...I remember this military motorcycle with a diesel-fuelled single cylinder DOHC setup, that revved till 7000 revs...I also remember a race-spec diesel...don't remember which one, though...and yes, I do know about efficacy issues beyond 6000 RPM, but still...
Old 28th May 2007, 00:27   #78
BHPian

Will be contacting the friend and try to take snaps if he permits.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I still have never heard of Fendition. Neither has google. Any links would be appreciated.
I came up with this theory that it means a Rendition on a Fender, kinda stuff that Hendrix used to do a long long time ago.
Old 16th June 2007, 21:04   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I came up with this theory that it means a Rendition on a Fender, kinda stuff that Hendrix used to do a long long time ago.
I happened to pass by to check if there were any updates on putting a scorp engine into a car! And hey was the flying V a fender?

Experienced.
Old 16th June 2007, 22:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
I happened to pass by to check if there were any updates on putting a scorp engine into a car! And hey was the flying V a fender?

Experienced.

ah this one I can answer! Most Flying V guitars (the original ones, not the rip-off ones u get around here) were made by Gibson...and many of them are 'signature' ones made specifically for their owners! (think Metallica,Kiss)
Old 16th June 2007, 23:38   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Can this thread be locked until the starter has any updates? Its already run into 6 pages of nothingness.

Last edited by theMAG : 16th June 2007 at 23:48.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:31   #83
BHPian

I have tried when was in cochin for last week but the owner of the ehicle was not in cochin, will try to get some more details when again in cochin.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:58   #84

Dear Turbo Diesel-i remember reading this line,that 2.0 diesel doesnt climb slopes when fully laden,,i personally think you are wrong,because i just bought the same loud noisy beast,had an oil seal leak,got it done,and it moves,trust me,i by the way live on a slope and ,ive even climbed steeper gradients,the bhp is less no doubt ,but the car has torque,and it moves,I have a witness our very own ADDI (petrol contessa 75 bhp 1.8 petrol),he was tailing me on the highway with his petrol conte when i brought the car from Dahisar,you should ask him who was leading most of the journey,and i personally think it moves quite decently noise and all,,either im a very good lier or a very good natural diesel driver.lol (one thing i loved was the average,i never even thought of putting the ac off) unlike my petrol contessa. One more thing the diesel contessa has a problem of underheating,,it needs to be well heated up in the morning and then see the way she chases . Mr.Pritpal a fellow diesel contessa owner from (orkut crazy conte club) also has the same noisy beast ,only thing he's added a turbo of isuzu and his car doesnt make much noise. The extra noise is because their is no double wall layer insuation between firewal and inside cabin area,necessary for diesel.
The best part of owning the contessa is the great friends ive made and the amount of mechanical knowledge ive learnt and shared.
yohan6777 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks