Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 10:46   #196
Senior - BHPian

Be careful.. Don't blow the engine just yet .. When is the vehicle warranty expiring?
Old 8th October 2007, 17:59   #197
Awaiting Email Confirmation

gautum no offense bro but either youre roads are custom built for your suspension or ride quality is one thing you are compromising on..theres no way the rides still good .... and cornering?_(with out brakes?) well in most cases good drivers dont use brakes on cornering unless they are at speeds that are not viable..as for goin sideways I do know a thing or two myself. Or lets do this lets keep a poll on general thoughts of the drivers on team bhp considering an 18 inch rim?shall we?

Last edited by nitroxx : 8th October 2007 at 18:01.
Old 8th October 2007, 18:50   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamballal View Post
drove back from bangalore yesterday evening after getting the headers and exhaust done from raj.
i am getting abt 10 - 12 bhp more power now
can really feel the difference, its much more powerful and very quick now.
it was already getting dark when i reached the highway but i managed to
hit a top speed of 190kmph i think it can do more.
the next time i go on the highway will try it out.
@Gautam,

Don't you think 190 is too much on Indian roads, I have no idea about the highway or expressway you were driving on, but considering that it was getting dark and with any obstruction coming in your way at such high speeds, the results can be fatal.

The rest is upto you to decide if it's really worth it.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:35   #199

great 190km/hr? with the 18's huh? awesome ..take a picture dude,would love to see this...thanks
Old 9th October 2007, 00:35   #200
BHPian

holy crap, Its a tank now!!
Old 9th October 2007, 01:04   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
gautum no offense bro but either youre roads are custom built for your suspension or ride quality is one thing you are compromising on..theres no way the rides still good .... and cornering?_(with out brakes?) well in most cases good drivers dont use brakes on cornering unless they are at speeds that are not viable..as for goin sideways I do know a thing or two myself. Or lets do this lets keep a poll on general thoughts of the drivers on team bhp considering an 18 inch rim?shall we?
i never brake while cornering i usually accelerate while turning
Old 9th October 2007, 01:26   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
@Gautam,

Don't you think 190 is too much on Indian roads, I have no idea about the highway or expressway you were driving on, but considering that it was getting dark and with any obstruction coming in your way at such high speeds, the results can be fatal.

The rest is upto you to decide if it's really worth it.
i know what i am doing thats all i can tell
have been doing it for some years now and never do
anything unless i am confident
Old 9th October 2007, 06:57   #203

that look's good and its a good choice of rim,

but if you want it to really look good, make the rim fill the guards by lowering the car, i'd say a good 4 inches

here's a couple of pics of my friends s15 lowered on 20" inch rims, and you will see that because it fills the guards, makes the car look more flush and enhances visual appeal of the car much more

- Rohan
Old 9th October 2007, 11:53   #204
Senior - BHPian

Rohan - That setup looks very nice but on roads like the ones you have in urban Australia only!! I bet that such setups will not even last for a 10km drive in Mumbai !
Old 9th October 2007, 21:11   #205

Insane ride...now that kinda profile would definitely appeal to mass public ..sigh its unfortunate though..we do pay taxes..but we dont benefit from them like in Australia:(
Old 10th October 2007, 08:46   #206

i agree with you guys, but don't by any means think australian roads are good...

85% of sydney roads are full of potholes and are bumpy and crap for low cars and sports cars... and i'd rather have a car like that in india than my car in sydney, everytime me and my friends go out for a drive, we get pulled over by police for something or other, cop attention on young people driving sports cars here is unbelievable :(

I guess though that the created of this thread, he could lover his car a couple of inches without too much trouble on potholes or scrubbing!
Old 17th February 2008, 18:22   #207
BHPian

Gautam your wheels are good but to be honest look ugly as there is a glaring gap between the wheel wells and the tyres. Cornering, Handling might have improved but looks haven't gone up proportionally to the amount of money you have spent on it. Try to lower your car by 1-2 inches.

By the way, check out the SX4 in the pictures. That is how 18 inch alloys look on an SX4 with a sport tuned suspension! Now, isn't that beautiful?
Old 17th February 2008, 20:33   #208
Senior - BHPian

If he lowers another 1-2 inches i think he will not be able to move his car.

Buddy just have a look at the gap between the tyre and the chassis do u think there is 1inch gap there.

It is looking great keep it as it is, it is really awesome enjoy ur ride with the australian cops
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post

Gautam your wheels are good but to be honest look ugly as there is a glaring gap between the wheel wells and the tyres. Cornering, Handling might have improved but looks haven't gone up proportionally to the amount of money you have spent on it. Try to lower your car by 1-2 inches.

By the way, check out the SX4 in the pictures. That is how 18 inch alloys look on an SX4 with a sport tuned suspension! Now, isn't that beautiful?
Old 17th February 2008, 22:27   #209
BHPian

Car looks very nice with the addons you have done.
Please add better number plates.
Old 18th February 2008, 00:04   #210
Senior - BHPian

This is my friends SX4 with 18 inchers!

Last edited by JayD : 18th February 2008 at 00:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks