Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 07:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlather View Post
More pics please. These pics are not doing good to the images

You'd mean not doing justice to the car

Great rims - a whole big improvement on the OE rims. Always wondered, why manufacturers don't give options on tyre sizes & alloys It would make a lot of sense if the manufacturers themselves offered the car with various wheel options as in design & sizes - let the buyer choose for himself. One always looses money in changing the rims & tyres as the buy back is never the full value.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 24th May 2007 at 08:01.
Old 24th May 2007, 09:33   #77
BHPian

Damn...18" rims on a brand new sx4 already.....they totally do justice to the car buddy...lookin awesome.....
Old 24th May 2007, 10:46   #78
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamballal View Post
actually the roads i use are not very good except the main roads . have had no problem till now even my friend who has a swift with 17 inch HR rims and 40 profile tyres has had no problem till now. he drives on worse roads than what i drive he has had it for more than 8 months now. use to drive his car a lot sometimes found no problem. have to take care on bad roads but dont have to be ultra careful.
I believe there are people on this forum who have had bad experiences with 17" wheels and low profile tyres on Swift. In the city you may get away with just about anything. The highway is less forgiving. Prolonged highway driving on Indian roads means that sooner or later you will hit potholes/stones/bad patches, which are often virtually invisible until too late. Recently I just missed hitting a major gutter-like depression on the Sion-Panvel highway, created by the road repair guys!! I shudder to think what would have happened to my alloys if the van in front of me (who was obstructing my view) had not braked hard, forcing me to do the same. Anyway, I wish you all the best with your new tyres/alloys. You could have a good experience if you are sufficiently careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63
Always wondered, why manufacturers don't give options on tyre sizes & alloys It would make a lot of sense if the manufacturers themselves offered the car with various wheel options as in design & sizes - let the buyer choose for himself. One always looses money in changing the rims & tyres as the buy back is never the full value.
In this case Suzuki has been reasonable in offering two options, the Vxi and the Zxi, with already wide tyres. You cannot expect the manufacturer to lose money offering a whole range of options which will force design changes in the car. The few customers who are interested in extreme options will have to fork out the money for the same.

Last edited by rks : 24th May 2007 at 10:53.
Old 24th May 2007, 12:02   #79
BHPian

Woah - thats one hot set! Congratulations Gautam.
looking forward to seeing the further mods you have planned on. Have fun!
Old 24th May 2007, 20:06   #80
BHPian

Hey gautam...the alloys look really hot man!!...awesome!!...
Old 24th May 2007, 21:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

How much did they costed you gautamballal plz give the rim and tyre prices separately ..
Old 24th May 2007, 22:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

In this case Suzuki has been reasonable in offering two options, the Vxi and the Zxi, with already wide tyres. You cannot expect the manufacturer to lose money offering a whole range of options which will force design changes in the car. The few customers who are interested in extreme options will have to fork out the money for the same.[/quote]

I do not think giving various tyre & rim size options would make any design changes necessary - Let them charge differential rates, that's fine. Are they not chargeing different rates for the 2 SX4 versions ? The two cars do come with different sized rims & tyres. Even the IKON used to come with different tyre sizes though on the same rims I don't think it'sall that big a problem.

Cheers
Old 24th May 2007, 22:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Anil is your cousin?

Same reaction as above... what did you pay for these.

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 17:50   #84
BHPian

Old 25th May 2007, 17:55   #85
BHPian

Old 25th May 2007, 17:58   #86
BHPian

Old 25th May 2007, 18:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics..!!
The wheel arches are still begging for even bigger wheels.
Old 25th May 2007, 18:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

Your car is really looking nice after the rim upgrade. Like everyone said try and lower it a little to really complete the look.
Old 26th May 2007, 11:30   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice additional pics! That car looks seriously hot. I love 5 spoke alloys and love your choice. How about some sun film and nice numberplates to complete the look?
Old 26th May 2007, 11:47   #90
BHPian

one hot looking car..nice choice of rims..how much did they cost you? what did you get for your swap, for tyres and rims seperately?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks