Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2007, 18:13   #16
BHPian

why not a evo swap in your existing car.
Old 2nd June 2007, 18:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
why not a evo swap in your existing car.

Good idea.....but I don't consider swaps very reliable & they are not street legal....though I could TC my present car, but am exploring options.
Old 2nd June 2007, 19:09   #18
BHPian

i would have suggested for you to get a job and bird on the side.//hahahhahahhahah...nothing personal ricky...

..but seeing that you are 43 and already have a job and a bird (i assume...) get a RS and PLAY around with it...( i hear they come with airbags..so it safe as well)

Last edited by R32_GTR : 2nd June 2007 at 19:10.
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
i would have suggested for you to get a job and bird on the side.//hahahhahahhahah...nothing personal ricky...

..but seeing that you are 43 and already have a job and a bird (i assume...) get a RS and PLAY around with it...( i hear they come with airbags..so it safe as well)

Not quite sure what you mean ......as for the JOB I do not have one.....but I do employ people
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Not quite sure what you mean ......as for the JOB I do not have one.....but I do employ people
Nothing serious mate..Just wanted to imply that its a lot easier to get a RS and save the time and hassel..thus the JOB and the bird (as in a lady friend - same hassel) recommendation to keep you busy and still enjoy a TCd ride without any tensions...hope you didnt take offense

Last edited by R32_GTR : 3rd June 2007 at 15:45.
Old 3rd June 2007, 16:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Nothing serious mate..Just wanted to imply that its a lot easier to get a RS and save the time and hassel..thus the JOB and the bird (as in a lady friend - same hassel) recommendation to keep you busy and still enjoy a TCd ride without any tensions...hope you didnt take offense

No problem....actually I already have a 1.9 TDi, so an RS would not be much different - except ofcourse the engine bit ........therefore less exciting than trying to do up some car.........

This is a recreational avenue for me.......so an easy way out is not something I look forward to. Thanks anyways

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2007, 17:37   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation

first post suggest low budget ,secondly WHAT CAR TO TURBO??????And then some about EVO swaps? Man either its become every local workshops daily chore to install one or there are alot of ambitious people.And yeah on which one to turbo dude decide which car you wanna stick to coz there are a hell load of different turbos and tuning options for each car..try contacting probably JUN and ask them this question..and voila!
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
try contacting probably JUN and ask them this question..and voila!
And they will laugh their guts out when you say 1.5 litre.
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
i second that!

i always felt the OHC VTECH was a good place to start. and since you want a fun ride and a project to keep you excites..... i would suggest you re-consider an engine swap. there are a lot of people on this forum who can give you some valuable advice.

then again if your still not convinced i there is always the baleno you could look at.
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
first post suggest low budget ,secondly WHAT CAR TO TURBO??????And then some about EVO swaps? Man either its become every local workshops daily chore to install one or there are alot of ambitious people.And yeah on which one to turbo dude decide which car you wanna stick to coz there are a hell load of different turbos and tuning options for each car..try contacting probably JUN and ask them this question..and voila!

@ nitroxx

If you read all the posts, you may realize that I am EXPLORING possibilities as to which car to take up for TC-ing. I see every reason to explore options rather than regret a decision. Yes there have been suggestions of a engine swap - bear in mind that those are only suggestions.

If I were that sure of what I want or was a PRO at this stuff I dont think I'd be asking for views - I would be giving views. As for your JUN thing - I have no clue to what you are talking.

Thanks very much for your input.
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post

No clue to what the joke is - thank you
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
No clue to what the joke is - thank you
Ok, JUN Tanaka is a big name in the modificationg/tuning industry. Nitroxx's post was a joke, and I'm sure it was a little hard to understand. And like I said, any intl tuner will laugh when you tell him you want to mod a 1.5 litre. We've been there, done that, the being laughed at, that is.

Seriously, Vtec or Baleno are your options. Or if you can stretch it, Cedia. That car is in a class of its own. Or there is the engine swap route, but be advised, both have their own perils. I doubt the availability of a good tuner in Delhi to do your turbo job. And engine swaps are risky in that all engines are used, and you never know how used or abused.
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:25   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ok, I am told that working on a Vtec could lead to some complications specially when one is going FI (forced induction). Owing to some complications with the head. Though my memory seems to fail me regarding the exact details. So, easier way out would be to go in for a 1.5Exi and TC it. There are rumours of a cedia being TCed sometime this month. Would be nice to see how that one will move. Will keep you guys informed.

In the under 6L budget I would say 1.5Exi or baleno.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd June 2007 at 19:26.
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:49   #29
Awaiting Email Confirmation

YOURE WELCOME MY FRIEND,now coming down to the thread..if its really not a constraint then a honda swap job (um try relying more on yourself than the tuner,coz I'm sure you'll be instructing him most of the times, in this case)would be ideal.And if its really squeezing out greenbacks then go DANGER MOUSE...try the BALENO or SWIFT.
NO offense to the lancers...or the owners this following statement isnt personal...
12 VALVES?what you gonna run lean burn all your life?
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

@ Nitroxx

Any idea on cost of the swap - if I were to go with it - though engine swaps like I said earlier I feel a little iffy about

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks