Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 19:58   #91
BHPian

Guys this might be a little off topic but let me give u an insight on driving a Done up RS, this is a personal expierience, A friend of mine wanted to buy a skoda, petrol or diesel didnt matter, He personally knew this Tuner who did have an RS as a display model, and trust me this RS was totally souped up, bigger intercooler,Remapped ecu, remus exhaust, BOV , racing clutch and a lot of other upgrades done to the car, the Tuner claimed 225+ BHP and he has done up quite a few RS's as well, since they were very close ( tuner and me friend) he was jus generally asking the tuner the prices of a skoda when the tuner said i am thinking of selling my car, take it for a few days and see how it is and then decide on the price, after droppnig his honda off with the tuner he took the RS and straight came to me and picked me up at 9 am, i was asleep when he called and said come in the balcony and i hear him revving downstairs, i changed and got down and straight away i recognised the car, i insisted on sitting @ d wheel, luckily this day was a public holioday so empty roads all over.

WHOW the punch in 1st felt like a kick in the chest , it just leapt forward and didnt look back, trust me i screeched the car even in 4th, the car was just awesome , it was something that i had never felt before, the car was fast, and to top it off all this performance with 19" rims , can u belive that? it ripped every time u touched the accelerator, we had the car for 3 days approx and when we were given the car trust me we've driven approx 170- 200 kms a day, roaming all day and we;ve exhausted a full tank of fuel , i mean comeon we calculated and on normal driving the car gave an average of 4.5 and if we ripped it 3, GAWD imagine 3 dude, watever it is 3 is not acceptable ...It drank fuel like anything. if we pulled the car even a bit we could literally c the needle fall like a stack of cards. its a nice big car but please keep in mind all costs!
Old 19th July 2007, 20:00   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
Id suggest you go in for a OHC honda for TCing , also Go in for Koni shocks
Hey,

Where can you get Koni Shocks for the OHC. Pl let me know as I need them as well.

Viper
Old 19th July 2007, 21:04   #93
Senior - BHPian

Viper,Konis are just displayed by Methods in their website and brochures.
There's not much after-market options in our country for street-spec and only Pedders is available off the shelf and its fit-n-forget.

Btw, Is Peter dealing with suspension parts??
Old 19th July 2007, 22:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think he is.

zeeshan suleman - You talking about Lalit's car, 4 seasons? It has pathetic ride. The 35 profile 19 inchers will break your back.
Old 20th July 2007, 02:38   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Where can you get Koni Shocks for the OHC. Pl let me know as I need them as well.
Will find out from Methods. What are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yes, he is.
Old 20th July 2007, 09:06   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Viper,Konis are just displayed by Methods in their website and brochures.
There's not much after-market options in our country for street-spec and only Pedders is available off the shelf and its fit-n-forget.

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge Coil Over Shocks for OHC are not made by Koni or Pedders. I was offered locally altered Koni's to fit the OHC but was not interested. I am looking for a good set of bolt on Coil Overs for street use to go with the Pedders Springs.

Viper
Old 20th July 2007, 20:11   #97
Senior - BHPian

May have something in for you by Monday.
Old 10th August 2007, 12:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

To the best of my knowledge Coil Over Shocks for OHC are not made by Koni or Pedders. I was offered locally altered Koni's to fit the OHC but was not interested. I am looking for a good set of bolt on Coil Overs for street use to go with the Pedders Springs.

Viper
Yup I was also told that Koni is not available for the OHC. The next alternative suggested by a tuner known to me was Eibach springs. But they are expensive compared to Konis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks