Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 19:30   #76
BHPian

Can someone please, guide me as to from where can I get green cotton filter , cleaning kit in Mumbai or what are the alternatives apart from pril, shampoo etc. They didnt give me the cleaning kit with the green cotton dynamic airbox which cost me Rs. 26000/-. I have done around 14K kms and have cleaned it with pressurised air twice but I guess its time for a proper cleaning.
Help needed.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:59   #77
BHPian

A pic of the carbon fibre box is attached which houses the filter. Someone may have better idea as to what exactly may be inside. I am wondering what shape/type filter is installed in it. Vaguely recall something like powerflow. Service centre has not been able to help much.
Attached Thumbnails
Cleaning a K&N conical filter-dynamic-airbox.jpg  

Old 25th November 2009, 20:06   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Can someone please, guide me as to from where can I get green cotton filter , cleaning kit in Mumbai or what are the alternatives apart from pril, shampoo etc. They didnt give me the cleaning kit with the green cotton dynamic airbox which cost me Rs. 26000/-. I have done around 14K kms and have cleaned it with pressurised air twice but I guess its time for a proper cleaning.
Help needed.
i normally get mine from viper in colaba. which reminds me i need to order mine too. if you want i can ask him to order one for you too.
Old 26th November 2009, 08:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i normally get mine from viper in colaba. which reminds me i need to order mine too. if you want i can ask him to order one for you too.
So nice of you . I have sent an email to him specifically requsting him to advise as to what should I do- as he had installed it. Hope he responds. Colaba is almost a full days' trip for me from Navi Mumbai and cant spend a day just for a cleaning kit. Will try to contact pete's if they can courier it to my place. It may take a few days but thats okay.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:33   #80
BHPian

Where can i get a K&n Cleaning kit in mumbai ?
4 seasons, bhavi, premji, n1 eng, have stopped selling it. any other options?

Any teambhp member selling their kit? my k&n is lying at home for the last 2 months as its too dirty to use.

UM
Old 28th June 2010, 10:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
Where can i get a K&n Cleaning kit in mumbai ?
4 seasons, bhavi, premji, n1 eng, have stopped selling it. any other options?

Any teambhp member selling their kit? my k&n is lying at home for the last 2 months as its too dirty to use.

UM
Try searching their website for mumbai dealers.
here's the link

K&N Air Filter & Air Intake Dealer Search - Where to buy K&N Products

I really wonder why 4 seasons have stopped selling them.Aren't they authorised dealers or something for k&N ?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 28th June 2010 at 10:12.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:41   #82
BHPian

Hi guys,

Was wondering, is there any limit on howmany times you can clean your filter before you have to replace it? Rather, how long does it last for? I got mine cleaned after about 8000 kms and the filter had so much dirt in it, it wasnt funny. I've had it cleaned twice now and every single time there is a remarkable difference in the acceleration.
Old 6th October 2010, 10:33   #83
BHPian

Dirt removed from K & N OEM replacement filter

Guys

The forced long weekend was used for cleaning the OEM K & N replacement filter. I normally clean it evey 4500 kms !!

Look at the dirt that has been left over after the first round of cleaning

Cleaning a K&N conical filter-img00052201009181928.jpg

The pics of the recharge kit and of course the equipment used for the cleaning operation

Cleaning a K&N conical filter-img00053201009181929.jpg

NOTE : My experience in buying the recharge kit has been pretty bad. Finally have found a reliable source who is willing to deliver it at your door step / courier it (with some additional charge for door delivery or courier).

Contact No : +91 98440 15119

Cheers

Last edited by csateesh : 6th October 2010 at 10:39.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:36   #84
BHPian

Re: Cleaning a K&N conical filter

Hello Friends,

Can any one suggest me where to get the KN filter cleaned or recharged in Bangalore.? Don't want to buy the recharge kit as of now.

Please help.
Old 29th March 2011, 10:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

My mechanic recenlty washed my K&N conical with liquid soap and asked me not to worry about the oiling as it was just a money making racket of using the oil etc.The filter looks clean but i am still considering getting it oiled.

The place where i got it installed from suggested that i can use a thin layer of engine oil.Don't know if this will be ok for the filter.
Old 9th July 2011, 14:26   #86
BHPian

I have been searching for more info about cleaning a K&N filter without the cleaning kit, can any other users share their thoughts on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks