Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post

that was done purposely.as we dont to give much boost to engine coz ecu was stock.once ecu magement was done we will change these pipes with aluminium ones.
isnt that the job of a boost controller and re you still running that same setup.
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:08   #47
BHPian

i m still runing that same setup and having no problem in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
isnt that the job of a boost controller and re you still running that same setup.

Old 3rd July 2007, 20:17   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
Pawan I guess what he meant was since any stock ECU has a limit to the boost you can run, the boost should be comparitively less. Say like in the range of 5-7psi. If one intends to higher on the boost you need a standalone or a piggyback as the stock ECU will run out of valid maps once certain parameters exceed the desired value.

Prateek, we sincerely suggest you to kindly change it ASAP. Before its too late.
mclaren1885 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hey!!! This guy seems to be HOPELESS!!! both at moddin cars as well as his english!! Just check out the Rear 'BREAK' disk!!! that he is selling!!! See... he's not a complete liar afterall!! btw .. wot is the Autopsyche Lancer(maroon) doin in his site??/ also.. theres a yellow lancer... which seems completely stock.. And who is he tryin to fool by puttin pics of mods done abroad(the merc old shape) C'mon mate... if u din do it... then WHY THE HELL R U CLAIMING TO????
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Prateek... how much did it cost to TC ur car there??? and no offence.... but does it still run well????
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:29   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post

that was done purposely.as we dont to give much boost to engine coz ecu was stock.once ecu magement was done we will change these pipes with aluminium ones.
Just one thing....with a setup like that, what is the turbocharger supposed to get from the filter??? And the pipe size also seems to be really small for the compressor. No air to the turbo at the inlet is starving it of the very thing its supposed to compress!

Old 3rd July 2007, 20:37   #52
BHPian

Will that plumbing stress the engine internals in any way? I mean some kind of 'gasping for air' effect at high RPMs? Not sure of this. Someone please clear my doubt. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i asked him how much for the muffler he said 10k i asked him why is it so expensive he said its nitco, i asked him aint that a tile company he said no they also manufature exhausts.

I can't stop laughing.
I now can't wait to meet this guy.
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:45   #54
BHPian

prateek told that since the ecu is stock he had to use the 90' bends so that he could limit the air to the turbo to limit the boost.
instead he could have used better pipes and use a boost controller to limit the air to the engine.??
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Prateek, in order to achieve a proper AFR mixture it is necessary to have a good intake system. To let the air flow smoothly and quickly. With the contours and curves I see on the Intake plumbing air would find it more difficult than James May would taking corners at Laguna Seka. So irrespective of whether the turbo is pushing in more air or not, its not the effective way to do it (refer basic physics for flow of gases through a tube). Infact, I am quite unaware when that OHC engine will blow (if it hasn't already). If you do know the owner kindly let him know.

FOR? Kindly fill up the blanks. Its hard to tell otherwise what answer you are expecting from us.

DUDEEE... DONT EDUCATE HIM MAN. Lets see how much the guy knows
u get wat i'm saying??
all your arguments here might be the best piece of info he EVER got about how engines work or whatever. I see your goodness in unfolding the fakism (or watever apt adjective) of these "TUNERS" but in turn u'r actually educating them, which won't benefit them A LOTTT however why give them even this bit information.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:27   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Spadival, he is on the forum as witnesswonder. Check the 2nd link in my 1st post. He was the original starter of that thread.
Yepp.. noticed that. Proves this witnesswonder chap aka Hyper guy are one and the same - a fraud trying to use the forum to get customers by pretending to be someone else. Of course, Now I think he will regret the day he logged on to TBHP.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:40   #57
BANNED

Highwayblaze, if you are aware prateek is the owner of this car whose pic I have put up. He too has been sucked into the vortex thinking that his tuner would do the job he expected him to do. That said, at the end of the day its our effort to make many more people like prateek understand that its important to do one's research before foraying into such mods.
mclaren1885 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:04   #58

i have seen this guys installs.they are hilarious.stage 1 mods include-intake charger and ignition coils.
and when you talk to the guy,his favourite one liner is "your engine needs to breathe..."
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
and when you talk to the guy,his favourite one liner is "your engine needs to breathe..."
Aha... Yoga is the answer!!! Your car will be doing "shavasana" in no time after witnesstowonder tries his yoga techniques on your car.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Its quite obvious that this guy doesnt know what he is doing, and he also seems to think he is right and everyone else's wrong. A lot of tuners have that attitude, but all of the above is no reason for us to ridicule him about his English and trivialize the discussion.

Lets stick to the original intent of this discussion which is to make people aware of this guy's shoddy work. If anyone went to him and you now know better, post some pics of what he did to your car. That's reason enough for other people not to go to him.
ananthkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks