Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 09:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nope, you have to make sure that your HU is compatible with the remote. It does work with most HU's but not all of them. I know because I ordered one of ebay, and then found that the Pioneer HU in my Accord was not compatible.
How long back was this? Because all the Pioneer HU's available today are compatible with the remote. I have used the same steering remote with my previous three Pioneer HU's and have never faced any problems.
Old 20th July 2007, 16:34   #32

Thats Soo sad that that Pioneer only has this facility , Sony, though it got great names.. .not able to get this one... Bad... :(
Old 20th July 2007, 23:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just curious - does the presence of a snap-on steering remote cause any sort of problems using the steering wheel itself? Does it get in the way of gripping the steering etc? If not, then it seems like a pretty decent thing to have!
Old 21st July 2007, 09:17   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I bought my Pioneer steering mounted remote for 1300/- in Cochin...It costs 1700/- in trivandrum....

Dude..where in cochin?..can u please tell me the place....
Old 21st July 2007, 10:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Just curious - does the presence of a snap-on steering remote cause any sort of problems using the steering wheel itself? Does it get in the way of gripping the steering etc? If not, then it seems like a pretty decent thing to have!
It does not cause any problems if you fit it just below the left spoke of the steering wheel. This is because most of the drivers seldom hold the steering in that position.
Old 15th August 2007, 16:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
Dude..where in cochin?..can u please tell me the place....

hafi, in cochin its available at the new jbl shop on the highway, also try general motors and emperor
Old 15th August 2007, 16:58   #37
vidvai

For kenwood i have just come the KCA-RC700 remote, available for around 14 pounds in the UK. Doubt anyone in india keeps these. If anyone has seen any of these, plsplspls let me know here.

Thanks!

Last edited by vidvai : 15th August 2007 at 17:05.

Old 15th August 2007, 23:28   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Can you please tell me the place where i can get a Pioneer steering remote for Rs.1400?? Would be really a great help from you.
I got mine about 4 years ago from the store [forgot the name] opposite Lifestyle - near the stadium.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:56   #39
BHPian

The original question is still at large. So is it possible to have an aftermarket steering wheel which has integrated ICE controls? I assume it'll be a pair of wires out from the steering wheel signaling which button is pressed. Now the HU should have an input to accept the pair of wires (wired remote control) and interpret the signals. I guess even the signals are not universal (like there is no uniform signal for `Next Track' button), so something has to be done (either program the HU or program the steering wheel buttons) to make them sync to a certain protocol. Uh, doesn't sound very promising.

So a related question would be: if your car comes with audio control on steering wheel, and you decide to upgrade the HU, will the control on steering wheel stop functioning?

Kousik
kousik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2007, 22:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

I have a Pio Unit with me,To which i want to install a this remote,Any idea where i can get this delhi???
Old 17th August 2007, 17:54   #41
BHPian

anyone have pics of the blaupunkt clip on steering remote?
and is it worth it or should i move my lazy left hand and reach out for the regular remote?
Old 18th August 2007, 06:44   #42
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
and is it worth it or should i move my lazy left hand and reach out for the regular remote?
Sure doctorkats.

Here is the black model and the silver model and the infra-red sensing 'eye' which comes with 1m of connecting cable to plug into your Blaupunkt stereo.
Old 18th August 2007, 10:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
You'll find a pic of how it looks fitted on the steering in my Profile pic, and in a pic in my gallery
Old 20th August 2007, 18:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Sure doctorkats.

Here is the black model and the silver model and the infra-red sensing 'eye' which comes with 1m of connecting cable to plug into your Blaupunkt stereo.
The "infra-red sensing eye" is a good idea, just in case the infra rays do not reach up to the player, this can be placed closer to the controls..

Does Pioneer SR-100 have a similar 'eye' extension wire?
Old 20th August 2007, 18:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
You'll find a pic of how it looks fitted on the steering in my Profile pic, and in a pic in my gallery
hydra

whats the Nertz device on your door? some kind of speaker equipment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks