Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 11:54   #316
BHPian

Guys,

I've gone through this thread, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so apologies if it's already been covered somewhere I couldn't find.

I've got a Swift DDiS that's about 18 months old.... and I assume I'll keep the car for another 2 or 2.5 years.

So my question is if I get the Pete's Tuning Box now, will I be able to transplant it to a new diesel vehicle that doesn't use the same engine/ecu?

If the short answer is no, they're specific to each car, is it possible to take the box back to Pete's and get it reprogrammed for a new diesel car, considering it's mainly software?

Also, how necessary is it to get a K&N or Green Cotton filter? I've got a K&N open conical filter in my Ikon 1.6 Rocam, can this be moved to the Swift?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:22   #317
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ Go ahead and get that Petes box. It makes the Swift D a whole lot more fun. Don't worry about transferring to another car. With 6,000 new Swift diesels added to our roads each month, you'll easily get a buyer for your used box (put it up in our classifieds and you'll prolly get a buyer on the same day).

A performance intake will help the engine breath better, and IIRC, makes Pete'd cars smoke less. Don't expect any noticeable performance improvements from the air intake though.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:30   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
So my question is if I get the Pete's Tuning Box now, will I be able to transplant it to a new diesel vehicle that doesn't use the same engine/ecu?

If the short answer is no, they're specific to each car, is it possible to take the box back to Pete's and get it reprogrammed for a new diesel car, considering it's mainly software?
Yup the answer is a NO.

Not sure about the "reprogramming" bit.
You can do a custom mapping for Swift-D or any other car for that matter.
Petes and many other folks does it

RD (Race Dynamics) ECU can be removed and bolted on to another CRDI engine.
They have 3 models if my memory is right.

Custom mapping is really good (but expensive) a former "active" forum member has done it. I've seen the car and have ridden shotgun. Its really good.

From what I've heard Petes tweaks the air fuel ratio thus boosting the power. RD ECU increases the rail pressure.

I've not driving either, but I've heard Petes is smoother compared to RD box. Both are a direct bolt-on (or rather plug in) fit.
I had plans to get a Petes or RD box, however I've scrapped my plans so the info is still there in my memory. Have fun and talk to Petes and RD folks. Also try to get some feedback from folks who has actually used the box and then go in for the kill.

Last edited by yzfrj : 17th March 2010 at 18:33.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:30   #319
DNS
BHPian

Hi,

Just put in a Pete's box and Green Wind filter. Its amazing how much difference this simple and easy mod can make.

I have fallen in love with my car all over again.

I would like to thank all on this thread for crearing my doubts, and pointing me in the right direction.

For those on Face Book, I have started a fan club group, for Peter, and his products.
Group Name: Pete's Automotive Products
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Please become a fan, and spread the word about his work.
Old 6th July 2010, 15:13   #320
DNS
BHPian

My Pete'ed Swift. Check it out.

Suzuki Swift 1.3 DDIS Most fun thing in the world - DNS's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:23   #321
BHPian

Re: Swift with Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box. EDIT : Green Filter added

Moderators please forgive me for barging into an old thread. But I felt it was now the right time to ask the 'long term' users of the petes box about any niggles/side effects/maintenance issues faced in last 2-3 yrs of usage.

Mine is a 13k run 8 month old Swift D. So before I go for the Tuning box with Green Cotton replacement filter, I wanted to get some feedback. Performance wise we all know that the additional 15bhp/20nm will do alot of good. But after all its a deal worth 33k. so worth asking!

Please advice.

My final question is whether it really be a i20 crdi killer?

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 3rd March 2011 at 13:25.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:57   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
But I felt it was now the right time to ask the 'long term' users of the petes box about any niggles/side effects/maintenance issues faced in last 2-3 yrs of usage.
+ 1.

Can anyone with a long term Pete'd diesel put up an ownership review of the same? Experiences/ any issues faced? I'm hoping the same will be applicable to the new Swift diesel since the engine remains the same!
Old 8th September 2011, 14:27   #323
DNS
BHPian

Ive had the Pete's box for over 2 years now. car is working perfectly. no issues what so ever. go for it. IMO it is work the 33k + what ever a Green Cotton filter costs now.
Old 23rd August 2013, 08:57   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
^^ Go ahead and get that Petes box. It makes the Swift D a whole lot more fun. Don't worry about transferring to another car. With 6,000 new Swift diesels added to our roads each month, you'll easily get a buyer for your used box (put it up in our classifieds and you'll prolly get a buyer on the same day).

A performance intake will help the engine breath better, and IIRC, makes Pete'd cars smoke less. Don't expect any noticeable performance improvements from the air intake though.
Hi GTO and other folks, I know the thread has been dead for a while but hope you can help me answer my queries on Pete's diesel box.

I have a Ritz DDis used for 50k kms now. I want to upgrade to the Pete's Diesel Tuning Box. My questions are:

1. Will this be the same as the swift box they sell (as both are essentially same engines?)

2. Is it ok if I just use the box without the filters (budget constraints). I can live without the extra benefits of the green filter

3. If yes for qn2, will the box on stock filter cause any engine/gearbox etc problems to the stock car in the long run (I am not talking about missing "utopian performance" by the lack of a 'Diesel tuning box + green filter combo', but want to know would using just the box cause any damage to the car - as I intend to use it atleast for another 1.5 lakh kms)

Most Viewed