Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 16:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift with Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box. EDIT : Green Filter added

Product Review: Pete’s Powerbox for Suzuki Swift 1.3 DDIS 75bhp non VGT.
Done - 4864kms
Manufacturer: PSI-Motorsport, Belgium
MSRP: Rs.29,000 in Mumbai.
Warranty: 2 years

Manufacturer Claims:
Standard: 75 bhp 190 NM torque
PSI: 90 bhp 210 NM torque (on stock box settings)
- Horsepower and torque increased by 20%
- Better fuel efficiency
- Plug & play
- No changes in original ECU
- No modification to OE parts
- Better In Gear acceleration

Power figures in KW (1KW=1.34hp)

Installation:
The best thing about the box is that installing it is DIY thing. It takes only of 15 – 20 minutes (if you have the tools to fix the box) Plug it in and you have instantly more power & torque.

The best thing about installing it myself was before service i would remove it and go to stock settings.

Installation is pretty simple.
1. Remove the plastic engine cover. You will need size 8 box type spanner, i didnot have it and got it opened at a local garage.

2. Unplug the original connector and hook it too the connector supplied with the box.

These 2 Pics courtsey Peter.

3. Secure the mouting, i did it with black tape on top of the battery.
4. Went back to the garage to put the plastic engine cover on.

A instruction page with detailed pictures is given to help with the installation and what to do and what not to.

Performance

Yes this is what you all are waiting for, after confirming and setting the box on the car with the help of Peter(on the phone) it was time to go for a run. While driving off in the colony noticed the car to have more torque but was shifting at 2000RPM, reached palm beach and floored her shifting at 5000RPM and voila it went faster much much faster but the best part of the box comes in play in fifth gear, speed of 60 or so 5th gear and floor her, the way she accelerates is totally mind boggling, it goes 60-80-100-120-140 and still feels like she is in third, crazy!

The car wheelspins in third gear as well on 195's.

The stock Swift has 190NM and with Petes it feels utterly fast, the surge you get is enough to give you a stomach ache, it lunges forward with more grunt.

Timings : -

Stock 0 - 100 - 13.87(According to ACI)
Petes 0 - 100 - 11.9secs(using stock watch, did three runs took the average of the three in wet conditions)

Fuel Efficency

Not yet tested but when driving so hard, who cares, but i will let you people know soon.

Pros:
Extremely easy installation
Instant results
Lesser smoke from the exhaust
2 years Warranty

Cons:
Errrrr......, yet to check the FE, but i dont think its going to go down, yes the car has been driven hard so lets wait for the FE figures.

Mounting bracket would be great but then when i go for service it can be identified i am upto something.

Conclusion:

The petes box is not about 0 - 100 timings alone. The overall drivabilty of the car has improved tremendously, in same gear same speed it accelerates more so that sums up the box to be a must have for Torque addicts.

Thanks to Peter aka Turboindia for the fabulous support offered and to answer all my queries. Thanks to Rtech for the format i have taken from his thread here

To get the best out of the box, its wise to get a Green Filter with Twister Kit, which i will go on for later. This is how its installed in a Swift, pics Coutsey Peter.

BUSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2007, 17:16   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sweet review man, I thought I had seen an identical report earlier (until you pointed out Rtechs thread link). That li'l Petes box works wonders on diesel engines.

I also liked the plumbing of your air intake. Is that stock swift, because it seems designed to inhale cool air?

Quote:
Manufacturer: PSI-Motorsport, Belgium
MSRP: Rs.29,000 in Mumbai.
I thought prices had come down from the 30 grand levels?
Old 1st August 2007, 17:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

A first on team-bhp,dude.
Can U use the GTech and time it for us,BUSA the BOSS??
Old 1st August 2007, 17:26   #4
BHPian

wow! this is some thing exiting...!nice review.. but are your facing any smoke problem??
Old 1st August 2007, 17:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought prices had come down from the 30 grand levels?
Its come down for the Hyundai's i think, the Swift box is new.

@ Nitrous will try and get a Gtech and time it.

Quote:
I also liked the plumbing of your air intake. Is that stock swift, because it seems designed to inhale cool air?
The last three pics showing the plumbing of the air intake is not a stock Swift, its a Swift with Green Air filter and Twister Kit, will be going for that later. Peter had send me the pics for installation.

No smoke issue.

I am not inclined towards 0-100, the drivabilty is the reason why i like the Petes so much and yeah first time did the car go above 3700RPM was with Petes to test it.

Last edited by BUSA : 1st August 2007 at 17:33.
Old 1st August 2007, 17:35   #6
BHPian

So its worth the money,you spend? and are there any stages or setting levels??
Old 1st August 2007, 17:46   #7
BHPian

Great review Busa. I had experienced a fellow T-BHPians car being Pete boxed (both before and after) so I know what you are talking about when you say the box improves driveability.

Do watch out for smoke though as anything more than the Standard setting (+, ++, etc) tends to create smoke without a high-flow filter.

BTW, nice choice of colour you have for the Car... that swift looks awesome in white (am assuming the car is yours but the installation pics are from Peter).

Enjoy your car, you'd be pleasently surprised when you check the FE

Last edited by quicksilver : 1st August 2007 at 17:47. Reason: typo.... can we live without it???
Old 1st August 2007, 17:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great..so now the Swift diesel can get even better..Enjoy your car in the new torquey avtaar !!!!

Great turboindia aka Peter for giving us another commendable product.

Cheers
Old 1st August 2007, 17:49   #9
Team-BHP Support

Darn. For a minute there I scrolled back up to check the title of the thread. It all looked so familiar!

Lets have some base roll on timings if you can. You don't need a G-tech for that. Just a buddy with a stopwatch. However, from experience, this devilish blue box is simply awesome! Be warned, it is addictive. And you really can't get a better person to deal with than Peter himself. he make's spending money seem so painless
Old 1st August 2007, 17:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
So its worth the money,you spend? and are there any stages or setting levels??
Is it available for Petrol version too ? if yes , do we get similar performance boost ?
Old 1st August 2007, 18:02   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sounds sweet. Now to convince my parents to settle for a Swift D. Busa, try not to use premium fuels. I am told with Pete's and premium fuel you will get a lot of smoke. Also going to second stage should be fun but before that there are a few more things you might have to change. All in all, this power and more importantly the additional torque is addictive. Have fun. And get the beauty to track sometime. Will be interesting to see how she goes.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:35   #12
BHPian

Hmm nice review man ! this surely is a MUST buy kind of thing !
Should start saving for my VDi
Old 1st August 2007, 18:54   #13
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review BUSA! I'm really keen on buying the DDIS and Petes BOX is one of reasons
Old 1st August 2007, 19:39   #14
Team-BHP Support

Great review Busa. Nice pictures to support it. Get the Green filter and you are great to go.
Old 1st August 2007, 19:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Good job with pix.

Whos gonna buy it for a Verna now! Guys...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks