Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 21:49   #406
Team-BHP Support

A couple of Civics i spotted near my house in Bangalore.
They appear to be running on similar wheels.

Modded Honda Civics-black1.jpg

Modded Honda Civics-black2.jpg

Modded Honda Civics-white.jpg
Old 5th October 2008, 22:05   #407
Senior - BHPian

man this black civic is looking hot with the kit and alloys.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:47   #408
Senior - BHPian

this design is availeble in HR hijoin in size from 14" to 19" the model no.h204

Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Guys,

I'm a real noob so pardon my ignorance and indulge me. I'm buying a civic 1.8v in the week to come and needed some advice on adding some mods

I'm particularly interested in these kind of head lamps

and these rims

Both these images are from this same thread.

Now coming to the headlamps, am I correct to assume that the headlamps in the image above are angel eye projector headlamps with HID?

What I have learnt so far is HID lamps do not have a filament and are filled with xenon gas and use a ballast and starter.

Projector lamps instead of a conventional reflector have a reflector as well as a lens to direct the light and if there is a shade with a solenoid to provide the low beam cutoff then they are called bi-xenon.

Looking at the image I can see 3 light sources, marked 1,2 and 3

Am I right in assuming that 1 generates the low beam, 2 the high beam and 3 are just decorative lights?

Also when the headlight are not turned on (fully) do the round edges of the light sources 1 and 2 ( marked by arrows) illuminate along with string of lights (3) as shown in the image and hence the name "angel eyes"?

And finally do these come as a complete assembly? ie remove the stock headlamp assemblies and replace them with these or is the assembly kept as it is and these hid's projector lenses etc retrofitted into them?

Now coming to the rims what is the largest I can go without causing any damage to the vehicle and do I need to go for low profile tyres when I increase the rim diameter?

And what brand /size are the ones in the image?

If I do make these mods, will the warranty be void ( my guess is yes?)

And finally is there anyone from Mumbai who can suggest a one stop shop where I can get these mods done along with approx cost it would involve.

Also what does one do with the stock rims, tyres and lights once one has these mods added? can these be sold? ( will save me some money )

I live at Prabhadevi, Mumbai and am planning to buy the car from Arya Honda and though I would like to have them do the mods, they are so clueless that I think it would be insane on my part to ask them for the mods.

They offer "xenon light kit" for Rs24,000 and the brand is "rd company" and didn't have any other info or even a sample to see

Other than that they had no idea what I was talking about. Go figure!

So guys anybody in Mumbai who can do these mods for me please let me know

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-h204.jpg  

Old 5th October 2008, 23:22   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Guys,

I'm a real noob so pardon my ignorance and indulge me. I'm buying a civic 1.8v in the week to come and needed some advice on adding some mods

I'm particularly interested in these kind of head lamps

and these rims

Both these images are from this same thread.

Now coming to the headlamps, am I correct to assume that the headlamps in the image above are angel eye projector headlamps with HID?

What I have learnt so far is HID lamps do not have a filament and are filled with xenon gas and use a ballast and starter.

Projector lamps instead of a conventional reflector have a reflector as well as a lens to direct the light and if there is a shade with a solenoid to provide the low beam cutoff then they are called bi-xenon.

Looking at the image I can see 3 light sources, marked 1,2 and 3

Am I right in assuming that 1 generates the low beam, 2 the high beam and 3 are just decorative lights?

Also when the headlight are not turned on (fully) do the round edges of the light sources 1 and 2 ( marked by arrows) illuminate along with string of lights (3) as shown in the image and hence the name "angel eyes"?

And finally do these come as a complete assembly? ie remove the stock headlamp assemblies and replace them with these or is the assembly kept as it is and these hid's projector lenses etc retrofitted into them?

Now coming to the rims what is the largest I can go without causing any damage to the vehicle and do I need to go for low profile tyres when I increase the rim diameter?

And what brand /size are the ones in the image?

If I do make these mods, will the warranty be void ( my guess is yes?)

And finally is there anyone from Mumbai who can suggest a one stop shop where I can get these mods done along with approx cost it would involve.

Also what does one do with the stock rims, tyres and lights once one has these mods added? can these be sold? ( will save me some money )

I live at Prabhadevi, Mumbai and am planning to buy the car from Arya Honda and though I would like to have them do the mods, they are so clueless that I think it would be insane on my part to ask them for the mods.

They offer "xenon light kit" for Rs24,000 and the brand is "rd company" and didn't have any other info or even a sample to see

Other than that they had no idea what I was talking about. Go figure!

So guys anybody in Mumbai who can do these mods for me please let me know

Thanks
no2 is the low beam. it is the projector. no 1 is the high beam. it is a normal reflector. no3 are just decorative lights.

when the headlights are not turned on fully then what you assumed is correct. only the rings around both the lights and the leds at the side turn on.

they come as a complete assembly.

as for the rims you can get 17 inchers but the ride will become more stiff. i think 16" would be a good compromise between looks and ride. for more details make a thread in the tyre and wheel section.

your warranty should not be void since you are only changing rims and the headlights and they are not huge changes.

for the stock rims and tyres you will get some cash back if you exchange them.

the headlamps should cost about 10-12k thousand give or take 2k. the wheels + tyres should cost about 40k - the money you get from exchancing your stock rims and tyres.

dont get any accessories from the showroom.

ps i too live in prabhadevi. lol
Old 6th October 2008, 00:04   #410
Senior - BHPian

The black civic looks killer.!

Quote:
Yup they are same (design) but i think the black one is running 18` rims.
Old 12th October 2008, 11:13   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
A couple of Civics i spotted near my house in Bangalore.

Attachment 56288

Attachment 56289

Attachment 56290

Any idea of make of these alloys and its avialibility in Delhi
Old 12th October 2008, 12:00   #412
Senior - BHPian

@a4_attitude - These are AC Schnitzer replica rims ,easily available in places like Karol bagh.
Old 12th October 2008, 12:33   #413
Senior - BHPian

Yup, go to karol bagh and say you want rims for the Honda Civic. the first design they will show you is this only.
Old 12th October 2008, 15:56   #414
BHPian

if you been before any idea about price?
and what is take back price of alloys in 1.8V model,, any clues
Old 19th October 2008, 17:00   #415
BHPian

Stock Civic itself looks so stunning, with those body kits, lights, and low profile tyre. It looks like the Race car.

Great job.
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:53   #416
Senior - BHPian

Redefining Hotness..... Mr. m4ugr8's Civic gets MUGENIZED!
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-civic-mugen-1.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-civic-mugen-2.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-civic-mugen-3.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-civic-mugen-4.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2008, 21:21   #417
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Arush for posting the Pics, and a Special thanks for giving the kit such a brilliant finish. The Kit came out exactly the way i wanted. Thank you once again.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:55   #418
Senior - BHPian

shouldn't the Red logo in the front match with a similar one at the rear, just asking.
Also pics with the lights (front and rear) on would be nice.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:58   #419
BHPian

nice catch dipen. by the way how much do they charge for mugen red logos original? any one and im not a big fan for big lip wheels on civics

Last edited by west : 22nd October 2008 at 21:59.
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:00   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
shouldn't the Red logo in the front match with a similar one at the rear, just asking.
Also pics with the lights (front and rear) on would be nice.
The Guy forgot to Ship the rear logo, Getting one very soon. These costed me 3k for the rear and the front. All original Japanese logos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks