Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 02:21   #346
JRD
BHPian

I agree with you.. regardless of the fact that the kit looks like it was not built for the civic.. it looks much better then a lot of stuff ive seen in our tbhp garage. the grill throws it off a little sure but other then that i dont understand why people are picking on a decent effort compared to the so called "modded" cars we've seen around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1 View Post
Here you go guys. A few pics from my side. The car definitely looks hot.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2008 at 14:05. Reason: Please do not quote all the images in your post.
Old 17th July 2008, 02:52   #347
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
What happens to the ride quality with that size of tyres ??

ride quality? answer is you dont have ride quality to worry about just like you wont have those rims/lower arm, steering column, axles, wheel bearings, apron in the wheel arch, door hinges (i can go on for ever with this list) after a year on indian roads..

cheers.
Old 17th July 2008, 04:30   #348
Senior - BHPian

JDM = Japan Domestic Market.

The Civics in India are the same as the Japanese Civics, which are in turn, rebadged Acura CSX (which are available in Canada).

The US Civics look a little more sedate - no kick-up eye headlamps etc. European Civics just look like space ships in the front - I don't personally like the look, but the latest European Civic Type-R hatchback is a monster.

There is of course, an aftermarket parts manufacturer called JDM which makes it very frustrating when searching online for parts for our Civic.
Old 17th July 2008, 09:46   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1 View Post
Here you go guys. A few pics from my side. The car definitely looks hot.

I know the guy personally and he has gone back to the stock grill!!! Its looking much better IMHO and is truly a head turner now!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-raghav.jpg  

Old 17th July 2008, 10:14   #350
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I know the guy personally and he has gone back to the stock grill!!! Its looking much better IMHO and is truly a head turner now!!!
ya looks better.. but hey did he get the skirt on the front bumper changed as well?

the earlier pics had a slots on the edge of the kit.
Old 17th July 2008, 11:36   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
i love civics but i hate this one. i feel its horridly maintained
Old 17th July 2008, 15:26   #352
Senior - BHPian

Yes he changed the entire kit!!!
Old 17th July 2008, 15:39   #353
Senior - BHPian

[quote]Is there a JDM India to begin with?? please provide some details on where it is based at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I agree, JDM (India) Civic looks much better than the american one.
I meant that the Civic variant available in India is the same as the one available in Japanese Domestic model.

There are 3 basic variants
USDM - US market
JDM - Asian Market (incl Indian)
EUDM(???) - European Market
Old 25th July 2008, 17:48   #354
BHPian

Guys, all the proud civic owners some nice decent mouth watering mods and some not so good, my opinion, I own one too, will post pics shortly I am sure everyone will like here and it is one of a kind, can anyone here help me with that red logo on the front grill, can I get it in Mumbai, if yes then where exactly please provide details...

Cheers,
Old 26th July 2008, 14:00   #355
BHPian

"the Saint" we are waiting.......
Old 28th July 2008, 10:37   #356
BHPian

Info for exhaust 'Civic'

I want to change the exhaust of my Civic. 1.8s. Any recommendations on what would be the best?

My budget would be around 10-15K.

I just want it to sound better (a deeper & richer note, not a deafening sound)
Old 28th July 2008, 14:48   #357
BHPian

If you are looking for sports noise then change the air-filter, install the K&N typhoon air intake it will give you the sports noise after 4000 rpm and that sound is really sweet and goes with the sporty and classy image of the civic, the rear exhaust change will not be good for a car like civic as it is an upmarket car and would sound cheap on the streets, my opinion, go to the K & N site and hunt for dealers in India, you will get it for 16,900 RS, it will also give you around 5.7 BHP more than the regular stock civic.

I can vouche for it and you will definately luv it.
I am away currently, will post the pics shortly, shopping in Dubai for my civic, lets c what nice I can pick up.

Cheers...
Old 28th July 2008, 19:36   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
If you are looking for sports noise then change the air-filter, install the K&N typhoon air intake it will give you the sports noise after 4000 rpm and that sound is really sweet and goes with the sporty and classy image of the civic, the rear exhaust change will not be good for a car like civic as it is an upmarket car and would sound cheap on the streets, my opinion, go to the K & N site and hunt for dealers in India, you will get it for 16,900 RS, it will also give you around 5.7 BHP more than the regular stock civic.

I can vouche for it and you will definately luv it.
I am away currently, will post the pics shortly, shopping in Dubai for my civic, lets c what nice I can pick up.

Cheers...
my friend. in 15k you can get a full free flow for the civic from a person like viper. how it sounds depends on how the person wants it to sound. and the civic is not really an upmarket car, it is a tuner.
Old 28th July 2008, 21:56   #359
BHPian

Whats better?

Whats better, a full FFE or a cat-back?

Allrounder, mileage, power, feel!!

From what I know the civic exhaust manifiold is integrated into the block.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:11   #360

Mikem, changing the exhaust of your civic will be a good proposition. a freeflowed civic sounds brilliant..Just ask a few members who have a freeflowed civic. Vikram's(vikram18) civic is one of them. Also, the white civic with the remus exhaust has an amazing noise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks