Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 21:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Wagon-R Mods

@antardaksh; In the example you mentioned, I suppose they just changed the bulb. At least it looks so. In case of WagonR, the plastic itself is colored. So there is no such possibility of making them clear/ transparent.
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:25   #47
BHPian

Hello All,

I have purchased New Wagon R - CNG - LXI in April 2013 for my wife. I have not yet done any mods except a reverse parking sensor. I want to do following :
1) ICE
2) Sun Control
3) Dampening - Door Panels , Floor and Bonnet Cover(if possible)
4) B- Pillar Blackening - like Swift- not all pillars.
5) Seat Covers / steering cover and matching Door panel patch.

Pls suggest for above .

Also I have few questions , all experianced Wagon R users/Gurus , pls answer.

1) Can I change the exisiting mirrors without overdoing any mod? The stock mirrors are boring. I do not want electricle controlled mirror.
2) Can I put K & N stock filter to increase some pick up/mileage . Pls note I have CNG Vehicle.
Old 21st September 2013, 22:18   #48
BHPian

Hi Ricky_3007,

Usually mounting point for ORVM is same for both LXi and VXi in Wagon R (same model). You can check existing price/compatibility of Wagon R VXi OVRM and replace your existing mirrors. I am not sure if the quality of VXi mirror would be better than LXi if we exclude ability to electrically adjust ORVM.

I have not pursued change of ORVM with Wagon VXi since it did not look value for money, each piece of ORVM (2009 model) costs around 3500/- INR excluding the wiring and switch. MASS are not very enthusiastic about such kind of installation, hence the best bet would be to do it as DIY.

I hope this helps.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Can I change the exisiting mirrors without overdoing any mod? The stock mirrors are boring
You could get the mirrors and all door handles painted body color. Improves the looks. Costed me around 2.5k for my Wagon R Lxi. Pics are on the previous page
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:17   #50

@mooza
Can u pls guide me what you used for black stickers on the car and also how you added chrome to the bonnet grill.
I have just bought a glistening grey Wagon R lxi Cng and was thinking about the same kind of treatment in the back with maybe blackened out tail light assembly. Also the paint job on ovrm and door handles was a diy or u used some car paint guys?
Thank you and thank teambhp for kindling my interest and attention to car detailing.
Old 11th October 2013, 15:29   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
You could get the mirrors and all door handles painted body color. Improves the looks. Costed me around 2.5k for my Wagon R Lxi. Pics are on the previous page
Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Ricky_3007,

Usually mounting point for ORVM is same for both LXi and VXi in Wagon R (same model). You can check existing price/compatibility of Wagon R VXi OVRM and replace your existing mirrors. I am not sure if the quality of VXi mirror would be better than LXi if we exclude ability to electrically adjust ORVM.

I have not pursued change of ORVM with Wagon VXi since it did not look value for money, each piece of ORVM (2009 model) costs around 3500/- INR excluding the wiring and switch. MASS are not very enthusiastic about such kind of installation, hence the best bet would be to do it as DIY.

I hope this helps.

Regards.
I got it done at MASS . For both ORVMs with painting and fitting job , It costed me 6000/- without any electrical adjustment. Looks fabulous...

Regards,
Old 19th January 2015, 23:26   #52

I have Wagon R LXI Green Model. I installed the Maruti's ICE and both font and rear door Sony xplod speakers at the time of purchase. But the sound quality is really poor. Even with volume level at 'Max' the sound output is as good as volume level 13 in pioneer/kenwood ICE fitted cars.

Team please guide me what can i do with minimal investment. I would prefer to install a 2-channel amplifier and keep the same same head unit as it matches well with the car interiors. But will that improve the sound or do I need to change the speakers (install oval sony xplod speakers in the back tray) and use a 4-channel amplifier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks