Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2008, 07:19   #1

Wagon-R Mods

Hi Everyone,

I own a Maruti Wagon-R VXI (White in Colour), I have made a few changes to the car so far, have a decent music system (LCD, VCD & MP3 player, a sony 4 channel amp, 600 watts sub, and two 240 watts speakers in the back). I have also changed the front lights to complete white xenons.

1. I was thinking of installing flashers instead of the parking lights or perhaps an additional thing with a separate switch on the dashboard.

2. I wanted to find out if there are any tweaks that can be done to enhance the performance of my car, may be increase the mileage a li'l bit (changed the air filters, but not that effective).

3. Any other good suggestions, please let me know with the cost as well so that I can possibly find a good deal around in the market then.

Thanks.
Old 8th January 2008, 09:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

How about fitting the stepney in the back of the Boot. Like the SUVs. based on the size, it should look like Toyota Rav4... [something near to]
Old 8th January 2008, 12:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubair_razack View Post
2. I wanted to find out if there are any tweaks that can be done to enhance the performance of my car, may be increase the mileage a li'l bit (changed the air filters, but not that effective).
Performance and mileage dont go hand-in hand. Anyways, for performance, you can get K&N filters (or Green or Ractive, as per your choice) and FFE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubair_razack View Post
3. Any other good suggestions, please let me know with the cost as well so that I can possibly find a good deal around in the market then.
What kind- of modifications do you have in mind? Looks/Interiors/Performance? Have you considered upsized tyres/alloys for better handling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
How about fitting the stepney in the back of the Boot. Like the SUVs. based on the size, it should look like Toyota Rav4...
Have seen WagonR with spare-tyre mounted. Did look like a mini- SUV, however the hatchdoor will be too heavy.
Old 8th January 2008, 13:02   #4
BHPian

How about fitting dual A/C like in the versa, this idea was in mind since i bought the car. It would be a greater convinience for the back seat passengers.If your car is pre facelift model you can think of fitting a audish front grill. This was another thing came into my mind when i thought of modification. I dont' even think of any performance modification in a Wagonr. It is quick engough for the size and shape.FE of 14+ in city 19+ on long drive (not 100% highway) very very satisfactory too.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
How about fitting dual A/C like in the versa, this idea was in mind since i bought the car. It would be a greater convinience for the back seat passengers.If your car is pre facelift model you can think of fitting a audish front grill. This was another thing came into my mind when i thought of modification. I dont' even think of any performance modification in a Wagonr. It is quick engough for the size and shape.FE of 14+ in city 19+ on long drive (not 100% highway) very very satisfactory too.

Impressive mileage that you are getting.

You can go in for K&N and FFE. And please upsize the tyres. You'll need that for better handling.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about fitting the stepney in the back of the Boot. Like the SUVs. based on the size, it should look like Toyota Rav4... [something near to]

If that was done on the WagonR, it would make a grand debut into the weird & whacky thread. A wagonR is supposed to look like an intellectual's car, IMHO.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2008, 11:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

@BMW-X5: That's a good mileage you are getting man. What fuel are you using?
Old 9th January 2008, 16:02   #8

Quote:
have seen such a wagon r i own one and want to do the same
Old 9th January 2008, 21:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

There is no end to modifications when it comes to forum members here, be it M800, Wagon R or even rolls royce. If you check my photo gallery, you can see may be 40% of what you can do with a Wagon R. Rest 60% might be classified as K&N airfilters, full damping (roof, firewall, floor), underbody coating, chromium silencer, LCD screen and matching HU (preferably a bluetooth enabled mobile handsfree call answer type), Leather seats and matching door patches (stanley or ceralli). These are some of the remaining things which I could recall in 5 minutes time. Choices are unending as you can realize it from modification threads.
Old 9th January 2008, 22:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Get a decent set of alloys, an aftermarket air filter and a free flow job done.
Last but not the least ICE .

Keep off from the idea of installing the spare wheel on the rear boot lid. Like e_l said it will qualify for the Weird and Whacky mod jobs thread.

Drive Safe.
Old 29th January 2008, 00:57   #11

K N Filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Performance and mileage dont go hand-in hand. Anyways, for performance, you can get K&N filters (or Green or Ractive, as per your choice) and FFE.

What kind- of modifications do you have in mind? Looks/Interiors/Performance? Have you considered upsized tyres/alloys for better handling?

Have seen WagonR with spare-tyre mounted. Did look like a mini- SUV, however the hatchdoor will be too heavy.
Hello Friends,
I own a Palio Stile and the BHP is just 57. It almost cries when I want to Pull it in the highways. Overtaking is a bit issue as well.
Can K N filtes increase the BHP of the car. I can compromise on the milegae a bit. Please guys help me with the reliabilithy of K N filters.
Old 5th February 2008, 20:11   #12
BHPian

Yes a K&N conical filter would definitely help.There will be a small increase in power and the no drop in mileage.I would suggest ypu go for it as its a one time investment and only thing you need to worry bout is get it done from the proper guy.
Old 19th February 2008, 13:08   #13

hi friends,i got a wagonR i have done graphics and have done my exhaust,have put stright pipe.but no headers and flashers in the place of dim lights
Old 19th February 2008, 16:48   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can K N filtes increase the BHP of the car. I can compromise on the milegae a bit. Please guys help me with the reliabilithy of K N filters.
A K&N filter offers as much utility as a stock filter. But the performance increase is only marginal, if at all noticeable.
Old 19th February 2008, 17:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

i dont think the spare wheel on the bootlid thingy will look good - but you may be surprised to find your car in the weird mods thread. anyways it may look somewhat like this (already featured in the wacky thread):

as for stage one mods - you can go for conical filters with CAI (i guess you already have done it), Free flow exhaust with custom / after-market headers, after-market plugs (uhm!).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks