Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 18:28   #16
BHPian

Here are some more pics

The inner body needs little welding. We will start the work on monday as the welder hasn't come home from his vacation.

Puia
Old 11th January 2008, 20:47   #17
BHPian

so your using the 8v esteem did you do a rebuild on the engine?
Old 25th January 2008, 15:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
so your using the 8v esteem did you do a rebuild on the engine?
No I'm still using the stock engine as of now.
I'm still trying to find a good used esteem engine.

I got some cheap second hand alloys the other day. Here are pictures.

Puia
Old 25th January 2008, 15:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice car. Like the two tone colour on her. How much did you get the alloys for?
Drive safely !!!
Old 28th January 2008, 19:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Nice car. Like the two tone colour on her. How much did you get the alloys for?
Drive safely !!!
Got the alloys for 7000.
The tyres are 165/65 R13. They cam with the Alloys and have around 35% life in them.
Will soon change them to Bridgestone or Yokohama.

Puia.
Old 8th February 2008, 18:32   #21
BHPian

Hey can anybody tell me where I can get KOni's for my Zen?

If not koni then what suspension mods would be ideal?
Old 27th February 2009, 18:19   #22
BHPian

Gti Twin Cam

It has been a long time since I updated this thread. It has been about 6 months (maybe more) that my car has been in the workshop.
I wasn't thinking of going for a 1.3 twin cam swap at first but after going through the other threads and getting a nice deal from Viper, I
went ahead and ordered one from him.
Transporting the engine took a long time as I live in quite a remote area.
My engine finally arrived yesterday, so I went as quickly as I can to pick it up.
To my horror the crate that Viper had sent the engine in had been opened and the engine was outside lying on the ground.
On close inspection some of the parts were broken. It looked as though It had been dropped from a certain height.
The distributor cap was broken and the timing belt cover had a lot of cracks on it. But other than that the engine seemed fine.
I was so excited on seeing the engine that I didn't mind too much about the Distributor cap and the belt cover.
After making a few calls to Viper and going through the packages it was found that the Transport people had lost (or broken) the speedo cluster somewhere.
Lots of phone calls were made but I looked as though we were never going to see the Speedo cluster again.
So after a lot of hot headed arguments, the transport people agreed to pay for the lost item.
I will have to order another Speedo Cluster.

Took some pictures but was in a hurry so not of very good quality. Will be taking more today.
Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02323.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02324.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02325.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02327.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02328.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02329.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02330.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02331.jpg

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02332.jpg

If anybody has done the same swap or has any good ideas on the swap, I do urge you to please input your comments so that I
can turn this into a reliable and successful project.
Old 27th February 2009, 21:22   #23
BANNED

what about the electronic parts i mean the ECU and its wiring?
Old 27th February 2009, 22:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtea View Post
I wasn't thinking of going for a 1.3 twin cam swap at first but after going through the other threads and getting a nice deal from Viper, I
went ahead and ordered one from him..
how much did the engine cost? how many kms on the engine where do you get spares from?
Old 28th February 2009, 21:44   #25
BHPian

I got myself an esteem engine today for my zen

Hey guys,

i want to tune up my car, i want to put in an esteem engine in the car for much better performance, But also at the same time i want the car to be reliable as well.

well i spoke to a tuner friend of mine who has done up lots of carb engined cars till date, he says we can do 2 things:

1. put in an 8 V block and keep the head of the zen only, get new pistons, rings, engine bearings, esteem clutch plate/p.plate and port / polish the head .

OR

2. get a 16 V Mpfi esteem engine but change it to carb, put in the carb esteems manifold n carb, get new inner parts ( new pistons, rings, engine bearings, esteem clutch plate/p.plate and port / polish the head . )

my tuner says the 16 v has a much better drive and power as compared to the 8v,

Also keeping in mind while swapping the engine i will retain my old zen engine incase i wanna swap back in future .

so finallys after looking for over a week i got myself a deal for a 16v esteem engine, got the engine today, will be punching my engine number on it and will be getting delivery on monday, the engine is in pretty good condition, because before buying it my tuner opened the entire engine right in front of me to check its internals condition and alls good, now just to port/polish the head change it to carb and fit it and the new clutch and were off!!
Old 28th February 2009, 21:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Speedsport is your man...though not a VERY active member. He knows his cars & a lot more in real time.

He has a super E-Zen carburetted - it is a mini monster. (won all categories of the speedrun here in NCR) PM him for more on this project. You will not be disappointed

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th February 2009 at 21:52.
Old 1st March 2009, 19:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
2. get a 16 V Mpfi esteem engine but change it to carb...
now just to port/polish the head change it to carb and fit it and the new clutch and were off!!
Why change it to carb? The stock MPFI Esteem gives out 85 bhp. Do you think a carb version will give that while offering the same mileage and refinement?
Old 1st March 2009, 21:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Why change it to carb? The stock MPFI Esteem gives out 85 bhp. Do you think a carb version will give that while offering the same mileage and refinement?

Well i jus called my tuner on reading your post, and wat he says is that we'll be tuning the carb which can be done better than d FI, so he says relatively there should not be any power loss at all, well dont worry ill be taking my car to the dyno before and after the swap so ill know what the real thing is.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:39   #29
BHPian

i will recommend that you stick to the carb engine, driving a carbueretted engine requires a little more patience and understanding of how it works. its not designed for those who was very quick reation times to the press of the throttle pedal.

its a lot easier to maintain and a lot more fun tunning up as well.

also i dont think a carb engine will for sure be more fuel efficient than an mpfi unit.
Old 4th March 2009, 03:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

does it make more sense to dump a carb esteem engine into a 98 zen (carb) or change the entire setup to mpfi ? from the number of posts i understand that carb will be cheaper and easier to tune.whats the advantage of the mpfi ?

secondly do we jus swap engines entirely or are some parts swapped and some parts retained ? (because i read about this being done somewhere)

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks