Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 10:31   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swift turbo

Does the engine check light remain lit on your car ?? I also got my 1.3 Swift TC'd, but my engine check light remains on, so wanted to double check with you. How much did you pay for the turbo timer ?

Cheers
Old 4th February 2011, 10:36   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Does the engine check light remain lit on your car ?? I also got my 1.3 Swift TC'd, but my engine check light remains on, so wanted to double check with you. How much did you pay for the turbo timer ?

Cheers
I get the emission warning light ( the amber colour warning light on RPM gauge) once the turbo kicks in. The turbo kicks after 3500 RPM. I am taking it across to RRR tommorow for a check. I also have small bit of oil leakage detected.
The timer came with the entire kit which I got it from a freind who sold his swift.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:54   #303
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gauges which are a must for my Turbo swifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
What are the must to have gauges on the dash apart from the turbo timer on my turbo swift.
Inputs from the Turbo gurus will be of great help.
There are no must have gauges. boost gauge might warn you of any leaks. Check your oil levels frequently at least initially. I have lived without any gauge for years now. if you suspect oil leak, keep some backup oil for top up.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:17   #304
BHPian

Re: Gauges which are a must for my Turbo swifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
There are no must have gauges. boost gauge might warn you of any leaks. Check your oil levels frequently at least initially. I have lived without any gauge for years now. if you suspect oil leak, keep some backup oil for top up.
Thanks for that input. So will just go in for a boost gauge additional to go with my existing digital tacho and turbo timer.
What are the kind of periodic services required on a turbo driven car over a normal car?
Cheers....
Old 4th February 2011, 14:02   #305
Senior - BHPian

I have this feeling. Get the car serviced at place where it is truboed. So that the know your car. If you get it elsewhere, first thing they will blame is the turbo if anything goes wrong. Get serviced every 5k. Change oil. What oil do you run now? Looks like CPH has high recommendation on total quartz. Check oil and coolant levels yourself. Make sure the coolant feed and return lines turbo are ok on every service. Keep a filter cleaning kit. Filter tends to get dirty too soon due to lot of air being sucked in and blown out. I think we are cleaning up the air unnecessarily.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:26   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
I have this feeling. Get the car serviced at place where it is truboed. So that the know your car. If you get it elsewhere, first thing they will blame is the turbo if anything goes wrong. Get serviced every 5k. Change oil. What oil do you run now? Looks like CPH has high recommendation on total quartz. Check oil and coolant levels yourself. Make sure the coolant feed and return lines turbo are ok on every service. Keep a filter cleaning kit. Filter tends to get dirty too soon due to lot of air being sucked in and blown out. I think we are cleaning up the air unnecessarily.
Thanks for the feeds. I have been OWS 5W50 Syntholube.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:05   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Thanks dude. I have the images on my thread. The drives behaves pretty decent on the city traffic. I was in the heart of Bengaluru last evening at peak hours to check the turbo performance. Cheers...
Congrats. Graph looks good. Have you upgraded the cooling system in any way?
Old 4th February 2011, 20:23   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
From the looks of it - no cooling system upgrade has been done, I am saying it coz I am also running with the OE cooling setup & the temp is at the half way mark as before

Cheers
Old 5th February 2011, 18:39   #309
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Quote:
From the looks of it - no cooling system upgrade has been done, I am saying it coz I am also running with the OE cooling setup & the temp is at the half way mark as before
I was at RRR today to fix the oil leakage and some final tune up and also had a chance to meet up with Mr. Leela. I checked on these two points with him.
On the engine warning light, he said it will stay as the stock ECU is still used for the aircon units rest of the connections have moved on to the new ECU. So there is nothing to really worry on this front. The old computer is missing his GF, who has moved on to the LINK G3 ECU so he is gonna crib.
On the cooling upgrade he did not feel there was a need to upgrade anything. The settings have been done to take care of this and it will not go beyound the 85 deg points.
Now that was what the master tells, so I returned pretty confident.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 5th February 2011 at 19:36. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 12th February 2011, 11:26   #310
Senior - BHPian

Ya thanks for the feedback. I wish there were a way to shut that light. It is irritating if nothing else.

Cheers
Old 12th February 2011, 11:33   #311

Just remove the bulb? Simple.
Old 12th February 2011, 13:44   #312
BHPian

VDO of my turbo install

Here is the VDO of my recently completed turbo install.
Old 21st February 2011, 07:47   #313
BHPian

I have been observing a syndrome which is really puzzling me. On high spool and at speeds of 140+ my front tyre psi drops big time almost 5 psi. I can monitor this as I have a TPMS on my dash. I had doubts on the gauge sensors, but when I checked at the air filling station it was a drop.
Has anyone encountered this on their turbo drives. Now do I have to upgrade my tyres as well. Currently running on Nankag sports II almost run 30k on this set of tyres.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:12   #314

Front end lift perhabs! Please do upgrade those tyres though. Those nanthings are awful!
Old 8th March 2011, 13:48   #315
BHPian

The carbon emission has incresed off late and it is clearly visibile since last week on my rear bumper. It was not this high earlier.
Is it normal? or it needs attention.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks