Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 18:56   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
firstly the term stock iis for no mods so you cant increase power by keeping it stock....

the full turbokit fitted in your car will cost 1.4l from ks motorsport. if this too much i would only reccomend an air filter and spark plugs which will set you back 6-7k....dont go for the port polish/ head work as it just costs money damages if not done well and if done well power gains are negligble for the money spent....the only and cheapest way for big bhp is forced induction ie. turbo.

I meant keeping the stock 1.3 L engine and adding the turbo.

The cost ofthe full turbo kit is too much for me now... So if i am opting for the air filters and spark plugs what will e the difference in the horse power..
Old 26th August 2008, 23:05   #272
BHPian

On modifying a car - Team-BHP

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html

Turbo is not the only option though for a FAST car apart from the basics[oil,air,spark]a tight cam with fueling taken care of , some flywheel alteration and balancing plus a clutch and brakes can really whoop some.

Last edited by cyneverdie : 26th August 2008 at 23:09.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:47   #273
BHPian

Quote:
n my excited state of modding i made a monster mistake.....i wanted to paint my car so had it sent with my other friends swift to MKRAFT as i was told it was a good paint shop in mumbai.....on return from my trip we saw the cars straight from the paint shop....the work was shaby from the very start not worth the 40k each we paid there were imperfections in the paint which he said he would sort out later but my point is it should never have left the paint shop unless it was 100% and he had a month to do it. however it was accepted and the cars were taken......HOWEVER today it is a different story ..........due to the shaby paint job both the turbo swifts have been ruined by MKRAFT............here is how the story goes...........the swifts after being in the monsoon rains both got entirely flooded from inside spare tire full of water etc....we were shocked to see this and called him immediately....after few days and many hours of waitin he shows up looks at the cars not accepting any fault whatsoever staight blames our taillights of being faulty and the cause......we removedd them and showed him there is no connection betwween lights and body and that theory was out of the window .....then came the ultimate theory aafter investigating more.....rats had stolen the water gutter in the boot area of both cars and no fault of his...the most ludacris thing ivee hearrd and thts why i write this and still accepts no fault not recognising the fact that when removed for painting it was simply not put back,,,so as of now the cars stick of rotten eggs and till date my car is not sorted.......and i add unusable due to smell and risk of drowning.......what makes it even better is when i met m whatever i said to atleast sort it out...not done till date and there was a small scratch i asked him to redo out of goodwill for his incompetence and the answer i got was "sorry to expensive" so after rippin me off ruinin my car wht we get 4 customer service here..............

for anyone wanting to paint a car i stress to you MKraft has managed to ruin two cars at one time.... now will have to get the interiors and paint redone at more of a cost as there is no chance its going back there who knows what else will go wrong if it does
This account of MKRAFT seems way off, i had seen your car in various stages of work as well as when it was fully done up, as my corolla was there for a hood scoop .
The finish on your car was top notch . this has been the case with all my cars gone to Mkraft includes a Qualis .Corolla and a Honda city type 2(bro's),which has been praised on tbhp earlier.
Thinking about it logically rats can get to the most unthinkble places and do their dasterdly deeds . A friend had to get a new ecm for his sx4 coz 'bandit rats' ate up stuff .Even i see rat footprints in my engine bay.
again i repeat this post of yours is highly defaming and contradictory to what i know and see at mkraft . come on guys look at the pics does it look like negligant work??
Old 27th August 2008, 18:20   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
again i repeat this post of yours is highly defaming and contradictory to what i know and see at mkraft . come on guys look at the pics does it look like negligant work??
Well if it was a "one-off" thats damn unlucky but I had heard not so good things about MKraft too also has seen good mkrAFT cars.

I doubt gemb is exaggerating so yeah man he got screwed.

there were imperfections in the paint which he said he would sort out later but my point is it should never have left the paint shop unless it was 100% and he had a month to do it. however it was accepted and the cars were taken......HOWEVER today it is a different story ........

Last edited by cyneverdie : 27th August 2008 at 18:21.
Old 29th August 2008, 19:46   #275
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th August 2008 at 19:57. Reason: Personal attack despite previous warning.
MKRAFT is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th September 2008, 14:38   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
I meant keeping the stock 1.3 L engine and adding the turbo.

The cost ofthe full turbo kit is too much for me now... So if i am opting for the air filters and spark plugs what will e the difference in the horse power..

IMHO, Just replacing the stock filter & spark plugs will give you no realtime gain. Plugs on a stock engine are of no use. You'd be wasting money if you ask me.

I suggest you enjoy your new car as is & when your resources allow & your warranty period is over - go for the turbo install.

Cheers
Old 11th September 2008, 22:01   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
This account of MKRAFT seems way off, i had seen your car in various stages of work
The finish on your car was top notch .
Thinking about it logically rats can get to the most unthinkble places and do their dasterdly deeds .

.Even i see rat footprints in my engine bay.
again i repeat this post of yours is highly defaming and contradictory to what i know and see at mkraft .

if you feel my account is way off please confirm with ks motorsports and with the other swift owner who is harrowed but not a member here.

so what if you saw my car when being worked on who are you to decide the quality of the finish it is my car. if you felt the finish was top notch why did mkraft say he would sort ot the imperfections....especially on the bonnet....again can be confirmed by ks.

thinking about it logically dont give me that rat nonsence it is only an excuse i have over 5 cars and never seen a rat or had any problems with them so the fact that you see rats call the exterminator. and what a coincedence that the bandit rat only took the water gutter for both swifts that went to mkraft and both cars flooded....so my logic tells me it aint no rat and they forget to re install the gutter properly

all i can say is you might find it defaming but im very harrowed with the work so is the other swift owner and after spending so much we are very disappointed and mentain it was a shoddy job. it is up to future modders and people wanting to get their car painted to decide...

Last edited by gemballa : 11th September 2008 at 22:03.
Old 12th September 2008, 00:27   #278
BHPian

dont want to argue about rodents, i understand its pretty frustrating to have a car with issues of flooding . but rats do chew on stuff .May be rats like fast turbo cars. wisecracks aside,maybe just the thing is more reachable in a swift.

[quote]so what if you saw my car when being worked on who are you to decide the quality of the finish it is my car. if you felt the finish was top notch why did mkraft say he would sort ot the imperfections....especially on the bonnet....again can be confirmed by ks/QUOTE]

i didnt inspect ur car with a microscope . i just ment it didnt look like work done neglegently.

Quote:
i ave over 5 cars and never seen a rat or had any problems with them so the fact that you see rats call the exterminator
just wanted to say rats are a common thing . wasnt looking for sacarstic advice.

peace hope you get the car sorted out.
Old 13th October 2008, 21:27   #279
BHPian

everything is back to normal now and car is back on terrror mode.
new turbo monster ready now so if anyone interested in the swift turbo pm me for more details....
Old 13th October 2008, 21:47   #280
Senior - BHPian

@ gemballa, saw your car for sale in the classifieds , got a doubt, so thought I'd post it here.
How practical are the hood scoops ? Do you have any problems with water seeping into the engine compartment during the monsoons ?
Old 14th October 2008, 02:21   #281
BHPian

no the hood scoops are absolutly fine no problem
Old 14th October 2008, 02:32   #282

Whats the status of your EVO?? Can we have some pictures and an update on the build process please!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th October 2008 at 10:52. Reason: wats = whats
Old 14th October 2008, 15:01   #283
Senior - BHPian

Just one more doubt, is the intercooler located in front of the scoop(So that hot air from the intercooler is removed faster) or is it behind to scoop ( so that the scoop functions as an air intake)
Old 14th October 2008, 15:16   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Just one more doubt, is the intercooler located in front of the scoop(So that hot air from the intercooler is removed faster) or is it behind to scoop ( so that the scoop functions as an air intake)
Hi,

To the best of my knowledge the intercooler is vertically mounted in the bumper next to the radiator.

Viper
Old 14th October 2008, 15:23   #285
Senior - BHPian

Ah thanks, The hood scoop gave me the impression that it had something to do with the intercooler , and it might be top mounted. Is the scoop functional then?

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th October 2008 at 15:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks