Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2023, 12:14   #556
BHPian

Re: Cellphone Holder

Hi guys. I came across this dashboard mat of sorts, which can also hold your phone upright for navigation and whatnot.

https://www.amazon.in/MISHTI-Anti-Sl...C5D6GQ51&psc=1

I used one of the suction cups holders and it kept falling off. The smooth real estate in my car is very less and none of the vent holders seem compatible with the my type of AC vent. I really dont want to stick the suction holder on my windshield as my car spends extended periods of time under the sun

I also came across an IRVM holder of sorts, but am concerned about vision issues. A large contraption like that with a phone, might block the left hand side completely, I think.

If anyone has purchased this mat, can you tell me if it is effective?
shresan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 12:56   #557
Senior - BHPian

After going through many options and not being satisfied with either their ergonomics or sturdiness, I came across this product. We picked up one at MRP from the Sapna Book Store (don't ask me why!!!) in Gandhinagar, Bengaluru.

When it stayed put across multiple difficult terrains in my friend's Aspire, I ordered one for myself from the above link and got it for around ₹300/-.

I have fixed it sideways, with the suction pad stuck to the right quarter glass of my Estilo. It has withstood a couple of thousand kilometers of city, highway and pot holed roads. My 6.5", 200gm phone remains steady in the holder, with hardly any vibrations.

I am happy as of now. Longevity will have to be seen in the months to come.

PS: No commercial interests or affiliations.

Representative Picture from amazon.in
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-screenshot_20230929125240586edit_com.android.chrome.jpg  

dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 15:37   #558
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shresan23 View Post
Hi guys. I came across this dashboard mat of sorts, which can also hold your phone upright for navigation and whatnot.

https://www.amazon.in/MISHTI-Anti-Sl...C5D6GQ51&psc=1

If anyone has purchased this mat, can you tell me if it is effective?
I have been using a similar one (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B081LX2LY5) for the last one year and am very happy with it. In fact I bought a second one in June for the codriver (the price was 699/- at that time - now it seems to have gone up by about 500/-).

The one I use has the disadvantage that one has to use the phone horizontally. But it was fine with me and also I did not have the option of using the rectangular mat you have linked, as the dashboard of my car does not have enough space for it.

As far as grip is concerned, it has been very solid throughout and I guess the one you linked should be similar.
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 09:39   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
When it stayed put across multiple difficult terrains in my friend's Aspire, I ordered one for myself from the above link and got it for around ₹300/-.

I have fixed it sideways, with the suction pad stuck to the right quarter glass of my Estilo. It has withstood a couple of thousand kilometers of city, highway and pot holed roads.

Glad that it is working out. I purchased the same product a while back and it refused to stay put, wherever i stuck it. I tried the smoothest of places and yet, the suction failed to hold up. Hence, the search for non-suction holders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post

The one I use has the disadvantage that one has to use the phone horizontally. But it was fine with me and also I did not have the option of using the rectangular mat you have linked, as the dashboard of my car does not have enough space for it.

As far as grip is concerned, it has been very solid throughout and I guess the one you linked should be similar.

Yes. I had this plain phone holder that did not keep the phone upright, but just proved to be a very useful mat that keeps your phone in place.

The one that keeps your phone upright has also been getting some complains. Including sticking to the dash if put under hot sun, which i can say my car gets plenty of.

In the end i chanced upon this

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...rod_image&th=1

It seems well priced and it is returnable and slots itself into the A/C vent. I will get it delivered today, will post an update as soon as i get it.

Because of the 4 "whatever those things are", i feel that weight distribution will be a bit more even, compared to other holders. My phone tips the scales at 230g or so, hence, the weight distribution will matter even more.
shresan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 22:19   #560
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am looking to buy a suitable mobile phone holder for my Honda BRV. I am not a fan of sticking things on the dashboard or on the phone. I have seen some good products which can be clamped to the AC vents and or suction type on the dashboard.

My doubt is whether it would hold good bigger mobiles too, e.g. I have a Redmi Note 9 pro max which is of screen size 6.7 inch and a weight of 208 gms. Also, I have a Samsung A73, which is also of screen size 6.7 inch.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th October 2023, 11:20   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shresan23 View Post

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...rod_image&th=1

It seems well priced and it is returnable and slots itself into the A/C vent. I will get it delivered today, will post an update as soon as i get it.
My phone is one of the heaviest ones there is, given its large 6000 mah battery and this was not when the refinement came to the market. My phone weighs 230g on paper and add an extra 10 or 20 for the bumper case. I have been using this product for 2 days now and i should say, it works.

I wouldnt say that this is one of the best there is, but the clamp works well, it is fairly sturdy.

It does block one AC vent if the phone is placed vertically and both the central AC vents if placed horizontally.

One plus point is that, if you place it horizontally, it seems as if you have a 6 inch touch screen in your car.

For the price, the product isnt high quality of sorts. Its generic, but does its job well. I took a video call while on the run with this holder and it was pretty smooth and sturdy. I know people who also take such calls while driving. While i dont condone this act, i get the justification behind it, work and whatnot.

Keep in mind that the phone does get uncontrollably hot since it is sitting directly in front of the windshield.

Visibility is great and depending upon how you place it, there is minimal to no loss in visibility.

All in all, great product for its price.
Old 5th October 2023, 15:14   #562
BHPian

I recommend this type of mobile holders. They stick smart and do not interfere with your field of vision.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one survived with me for about 6 years and is now with the new owner of my Jazz.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 07:49   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
Hi Guys,
I am looking to buy a suitable mobile phone holder for my Honda BRV. I am not a fan of sticking things on the dashboard or on the phone. I have seen some good products which can be clamped to the AC vents and or suction type on the dashboard.
I had used iOttie dashboard holder few years back. That's the best - period. But a bit expensive.

Then I used Zaap which is the cheaper version of iOttie but very reasonable. It was also really good but they have only 1-2 models now.

Currently I have:
1. Portronics Clamp M2 - Dashboard suction type
Initially, the entire thing used to fall off. Now sticks well on the dashboard.

2. Portronics CLAMP X POR-1101 - Air vent
I prefer this as it doesn't stick out on the dashboard blocking the view. It does block the air flow so I keep on the passenger side vent when am driving alone. Worked fine initially but then the clamp started to become loose and now I have to really push it in all the way so that it doesn't fall off. Dont think this will last long.

And I use a Nothing Phone (1) which is considerably heavy.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 20:22   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I had used iOttie dashboard holder few years back. That's the best - period. But a bit expensive.

Then I used Zaap which is the cheaper version of iOttie but very reasonable. It was also really good but they have only 1-2 models now....

And I use a Nothing Phone (1) which is considerably heavy.
Thanks a lot. I will try one of those. I saw one in Flipkart which is a wireless charger cum mobile holder for AC vent and has good feedback. Not sure if it will be good or not, I don't see a review with a photo of the item with the phone on. No one says anything on whether there is rattling, etc. So, I am still doubtful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks