Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 15:02   #481
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

I want to buy a CD slot mounted phone holder. But mine is not a factory fitted music player, just a Pioneer unit. Will this type of holder fit in external HU?
Old 31st May 2019, 21:32   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I want to buy a CD slot mounted phone holder. But mine is not a factory fitted music player, just a Pioneer unit. Will this type of holder fit in external HU?
I used to have a CD Slot mounted phone holder for my fiesta, my take is as long as you have a CD slot in your Head Unit it should work.
A picture of your audio console would also help answer your question.
Old 4th June 2019, 15:07   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Any good holder nowadays for larger (iphone XR with spigen case) mobiles? I've tried several ones but given up.. however my Honda City doesn't really have a good place to keep the mobile!
Same here. I also own a City. I saw reviews of ZAAP mobile holders - ac vent and dashboard types.

While I liked AC vent magnetic holder but I am afraid the phone will get chilled when AC is ON and will obstruct air flow.

And the dashboard version (magnetic as well as non magnetic) is nice but I don't know whether the gel based pad at the base can allow the holder to be be reused i.e. can I remove and put the holder to be shifted to another place, say, from dashboard to windshield. And if car is parked in open then definitely the heat will show its effect on the suction and plastic may become brittle over a period of time.

If anyone has experience with dashboard version and can share the feedback for above concerns it would be awesome.
Old 4th June 2019, 16:49   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post

While I liked AC vent magnetic holder but I am afraid the phone will get chilled when AC is ON and will obstruct air flow.

AC vent ones should be avoided. Have you ever faced fogging up of sunglasses when you get out of an airconned car? Now imagine the same condensation on the circuits and delicate electronics of a mobile phone.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 17:00   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
AC vent ones should be avoided. Have you ever faced fogging up of sunglasses when you get out of an airconned car? Now imagine the same condensation on the circuits and delicate electronics of a mobile phone.
Got you! How about the dashboard or windshield types. Taking them off and placing back will cause some issue with suction especially for the ones that come with gel based bottom. And leaving those in car in open can damage them.

I want something where I can rotate my mobile as well as that is not in direct sunlight.

I saw this one on Amazon. Excellent feedback but this will need to be stuck somewhere and I don't want to spoil car interiors by pasting any such thing. The only advantage of this can be that it need not be placed in direct sunlight and AC vents.

HIRATEK Aluminium Alloy Metal Body Mini Mount Magnetic Car Phone Holder for iPhone X/8/8Plus,7/6/6s Plus, Samsung S9/S9+,S7/S6 and more phones(Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07D3B4BC5/..._DsL9CbMPW38G4

Last edited by Lakwontsing : 4th June 2019 at 17:17. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 4th June 2019, 17:22   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Got you! How about the dashboard or windshield types. Taking them off and placing back will cause some issue with suction especially for the ones that come with gel based bottom. And leaving those in car in open can damage them.

I want something where I can rotate my mobile as well as that is not in direct sunlight.

I saw this one on Amazon. Excellent feedback but this will need to be stuck somewhere and I don't want to spoil car interiors by pasting any such thing. The only advantage of this can be that it need not be placed in direct sunlight and AC vents.

HIRATEK Aluminium Alloy Metal Body Mini Mount Magnetic Car Phone Holder for iPhone X/8/8Plus,7/6/6s Plus, Samsung S9/S9+,S7/S6 and more phones(Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07D3B4BC5/..._DsL9CbMPW38G4
I have used both the regular suction as well as gel based windshield mounts, as well as the magnetic. Magnetic ones did not work for me, as Delhi roads are just too potholed for them.
I used the regular suction for ages, before I got the gel ones. I usually wash the gel ones once a month, and they have survived. However, when in the sun, they drop off.
On the other hand, the regular suction cup ones I had, never had any issue in the sun. Spend a bit on an expensive one of them, it should serve you well.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 23:20   #487
BHPian

Well, finally got the TechSense magnetic holder.

Cellphone Holder-img_20190613_230000.jpg

It's base didn't stick to dashboard at all on right of steering. So, had to put it up on middle of dashboard. Got a couple of metal pieces with 3M tape. Put one of those inside the mobile cover instead of pasting it on phone or cover. Must say, the phone didn't move at all during my local travel within Noida as well during my office travel between Noida and Gurgaon. Phone does shake a little but I believe that is due to arm of holder shaking as well while car is moving. But phone did not slip from the magnetic holder.
Cellphone Holder-img_20190613_225452.jpg

Also got Fixate Gel pad. It doesn't stick to the dashboard. I just placed it there and then put the Ganesha idol on it with slight force. Neither pad nor the idol moved at all since yesterday

Cellphone Holder-img20190613075752.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img20190613172415.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img20190613172351.jpg

In third image above I had to reach out for the phone. So, rotated the base by 180 degrees and extended the holder arm fully. Yet to properly test if this is now OK.

Still early days, will monitor it and post update after using it for a few weeks. This forum has been of great help to me and I am trying to give details hoping it would help someone else too
Lakwontsing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 11:46   #488
Senior - BHPian

So, I bought this Tech Sense Lab Magnetic Car Phone Holder.

Honda City dashboard has some empty space and I calculated it before buying. It came as perfect fit after applying as if Honda has provisioned this space for this holder and mobile. No obstruction in outside view or blower or anything else.

Very satisfying purchase than others things bought with much more money.

I wish other cars had such space in the dashboard.

Cellphone Holder-1.png

I know logo is upside down but doesn't look odd.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-2.png  

mukeshgoel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 16:07   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Looks good. How much did you buy it for? It's currently on offer, priced at Rs 269.
Old 25th October 2019, 18:09   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
Looks good. How much did you buy it for? It's currently on offer, priced at Rs 269.
Yes. I bought it for Rs.269 and this is amazing value at this price.
Old 26th October 2019, 10:01   #491
BHPian

Since this a thread sharing Cell Phone Holders, I'd like to share mine. This is a Spigen Kuel magnetic cell phone holder. It was quite expensive at the time I purchased (₹1200), as far as I remember, 2 years ago.

It has 4 high quality magnets in it. And it is the slimmest of all such models I believe. It looks decent on the air vents. It also has some carbon fiber finish at its edges. The given importance to detail is wonderful.

It comes with a round metal plate and a rectangular metal plate included in the box. These plates must be sticked to our phones or cases.

I've used it on the Honda City 2005 i-DSI model, and now on the Vento. Never created any issues. If you're a Samsung Galaxy S8 user like me, then you don't even have to stick the metal plate to your phone. I use my phone without a case and the phone strongly gets attracted to the magnets.

Before buying this holder, I was in a doubtful state with plenty of questions. Will the magnets affect the wireless charging ? Will magnets affect GPS ? Will magnets affect battery ? Will the magnets affect the storage and electronics in the phone ? But as I've been using this holder for quite a while now, I can say it will affect none in a negative way. It just holds your phone. And it holds strong.

When my friends and relatives accompany me in my car, they look at the phone in the air and remove it and try to stick up their phones to the magnetic holder. It just won't hold them. I then explain the system to them and tell them S8 somehow has some metal part in the back and so it holds up and that they have to stick the metal plate to their phones or cases to use the holder.

But beware, it is not useful in cars with round air vents like the Brio (pre facelift).

I've attached some pics. Please don't mind the lint.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-spigen_city-1.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-spigen_city-2.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-spigen-3.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-spigen-2.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-spigen1.jpg  

saisailendra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 10:43   #492
BHPian

Bought the techsense holder after seeing mukesh's post above. It is minimalism at it's best. The adhesion is quite strong and holds the phone well.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-img_20191101_084112.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-img_20191101_083933.jpg  

Starscream1188 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 11:46   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Bought the techsense holder after seeing mukesh's post above. It is minimalism at it's best. The adhesion is quite strong and holds the phone well.
Considering that it is so close to the air vent, it should be getting fairly chill as well. Have you seen any condensation on the phone when you take it out of the car into the open? I ask since the condensation could happen inside the phone as well, therby leading to issues with the electronics, not to mention warranty going void.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 12:11   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Considering that it is so close to the air vent, it should be getting fairly chill as well. Have you seen any condensation on the phone when you take it out of the car into the open? I ask since the condensation could happen inside the phone as well, therby leading to issues with the electronics, not to mention warranty going void.
The vent can be turned around away from the phone.
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 12:29   #495
Senior - BHPian

I always wanted to install a screen in my car to keep the second(and third in case of Ertiga) raw passengers busy during the long drive. I just bought an I-ball tablet to use it exclusively in the car. Even the model name(iBall iTAB MovieZ Pro) have "movies" word in it, so its perfect budget tablet to watch movies and other streaming services. I also bought this tablet holder which gets accommodated at the front seat's headrest.

Overall, I am very much satisfied with my purchase. This holder can accommodate any tablet. Its made of average quality plastic but able to hold tablets nicely even on a bumpy road.

Cost :
iBall iTAB Moviez Pro: 11500/-
Tablet Holder: 499/

Cellphone Holder-t3.jpg

Cellphone Holder-t2.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks