Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2016, 23:35   #346
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Not sure if I can ask this question here -

Doesn't the cell phone holder on the dash/wind screen cause distracted driving?

It happens to me especially when my phone beeps so I put my phone away when I drive.
Old 25th June 2016, 01:17   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Not sure if I can ask this question here -

Doesn't the cell phone holder on the dash/wind screen cause distracted driving?

It happens to me especially when my phone beeps so I put my phone away when I drive.
It surely does, And hence i never used a cell phone holder after i tried it once, Every notification your eyes would go towards the phone which can be very very distracting and can easily lead to an unfortunate incident.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 12:27   #348
BHPian

The Bergmann AutoGrip looks good. Have any of you tried mounting it on the dashboard? The reviews on amazon suggest that it doesn't stick well but I don't know if they are using it right.
Old 6th July 2016, 09:51   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
The Bergmann AutoGrip looks good. Have any of you tried mounting it on the dashboard? The reviews on amazon suggest that it doesn't stick well but I don't know if they are using it right.
Dear JonSnow I have the Bergmann phone holder and have got the 3M disc too and have tried the disc on slightly textured surface like dash top which is flat and it has held in quite well on the surface. You can go for it. Must say the product quality is excellent.

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 12:59   #350
BHPian

Had bought this for Rs180/- online. It does the job very well, holds the phone firmly and fixing it on the center AC vent makes it the right position for viewing. The access to the phone also is at hands reach unlike the Screen or the dash mount where in you would require to bend forward.
CD mount also is a good option if you consider centered position and reach considering people hardly use CDs, but I found them very expensive.
Mine is a NOTE 2 and rests very well even on bumpy roads. Finally a good buy for a low cost after checking all those unreliable suction mounts. It can be worked horizontally or vertically.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-ac.jpg  

Last edited by Visaster : 9th July 2016 at 13:07.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 13:09   #351
Team-BHP Support

After seeing this (link below) mobile holder in member Nkrishnap's car, went ahead and ordered it and fixed it earlier this week. By far, the most unobtrusive mobile holder I've come across and first impressions are very positive.

It holds my 5.5 inch Oppo F1 plus smartphone without a shake. And the positioning allows me to operate it almost like a head unit, compared to glass mounted holders that are more commonly used.

http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...3-c8097579f219

Cellphone Holder-img20160705173017.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 21:01   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Finally a good buy for a low cost after checking all those unreliable suction mounts. It can be worked horizontally or vertically.
Can you Pls post the link for the same? I'm tired of suction mounts too.
Old 12th July 2016, 00:06   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
After seeing this (link below) mobile holder in member Nkrishnap's car, went ahead and ordered it and fixed it earlier this week. By far, the most unobtrusive mobile holder I've come across and first impressions are very positive.

http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...3-c8097579f219

Attachment 1526077
CrAzY dRiVeR, could you post a picture with the mobile attached to the holder? And the link you posted seems to be broken.
Old 12th July 2016, 10:37   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
CrAzY dRiVeR, could you post a picture with the mobile attached to the holder? And the link you posted seems to be broken.
Oops! My bad. Here is the correct link once again -
http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...a-9139ab7aed5f

If its appearing broken once again, you can google for QBZ magnetic mobile holder and select the Amazon link. After using this product for a few days, I am loving the way it is absolutely discreet when not in use, and helps me position the mobile almost like a stock touchscreen HU and holds it firmly when in use.

BHP'ian nkrishnap has mounted it higher above the a/c vents as per his preference and its been holding up well in his car too.

Here are some better quality pictures -

Holder looks discreet and unobtrusive when not in use. Center part is the magnet and the four hands are just for holding the mobile in position. Device is held by 3M tapes which need to be applied with the 3M primer they provide.
Cellphone Holder-img_3904_800.jpg

Dashboard various angles during daytime -
Cellphone Holder-img_3899_800.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_3900_800.jpg

And night time -
Cellphone Holder-img_3896_800.jpg

Doesn't stick out of the dashboard too much!
Cellphone Holder-img_3903_800.jpg

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:53   #355
BHPian

Any idea if these magnetic holders will work through a PU leather case. Most of the listings mention hard case only, but has anyone got it working successfully with a soft case.
Old 12th July 2016, 11:17   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Any idea if these magnetic holders will work through a PU leather case. Most of the listings mention hard case only, but has anyone got it working successfully with a soft case.
I'm using transparent silicon cover for the mobile and have stuck the magnet on this cover only. I guess leather should also work as long as the finish of the material is smooth enough for the magnet to stick using the 3m tape provided.

If it's a rough finish or has patterns on it, better stick to other conventional holders.
Old 12th July 2016, 17:12   #357
BHPian

Quote:
I'm using transparent silicon cover for the mobile and have stuck the magnet on this cover only. I guess leather should also work as long as the finish of the material is smooth enough for the magnet to stick using the 3m tape provided.

If it's a rough finish or has patterns on it, better stick to other conventional holders.
You are getting me wrong. I intend to paste the metal disk on the phone and then cover it up with a case whose back is made up of leather. Listings mention that it should be a hard case for the magnet to be able to grip on to the case.
Old 14th July 2016, 10:16   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Can you Pls post the link for the same? I'm tired of suction mounts too.
Just google for AC vent mobile holder.

http://www.amazon.in/Casotec-Holder-...+mobile+holder

It is the best holder in my opinion. Enjoy using it.
Old 14th July 2016, 11:47   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Oops! My bad. Here is the correct link once again -
http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...a-9139ab7aed5f

If its appearing broken once again, you can google for QBZ magnetic mobile holder and select the Amazon link. After using this product for a few days, I am loving the way it is absolutely discreet when not in use, and helps me position the mobile almost like a stock touchscreen HU and holds it firmly when in use.

BHP'ian nkrishnap has mounted it higher above the a/c vents as per his preference and its been holding up well in his car too.

Here are some better quality pictures -

Holder looks discreet and unobtrusive when not in use. Center part is the magnet and the four hands are just for holding the mobile in position. Device is held by 3M tapes which need to be applied with the 3M primer they provide.

I sit on the back seat of my innova and watch a lot of movies, etc on my tab. I am wondering if you have an idea if I can place this on the headrest of the front seat so that I can then watch movies, etc more easily?
Old 14th July 2016, 11:52   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
I sit on the back seat of my innova and watch a lot of movies, etc on my tab. I am wondering if you have an idea if I can place this on the headrest of the front seat so that I can then watch movies, etc more easily?
Since it is based on 3M tape (and magnets to hold phone), all depends on the material of your seat. I doubt if it would stick on fabric. Leather with a smooth finish should do fine.

You can ask questions on the Amazon site with details of your seat material. The dealer seems quite prompt in answering customer queries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks