Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2015, 12:38   #301
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Hello Everyone,

I am presenting a small review of the Spigen Stealth. I have purchased it from EBay and have been using it for around 10 days.

What you'll like:
1) Clean styling and very good build quality. The plastic quality is better than that of the dashboard! It's looks sturdy, feels solid, soft touch and eye pleasing. All at the same time.
2) Easy to install and easy to relocate. It claims to leave no marks but that is yet to be tried.
3) Very easy to put the phone in and take out. Single hand operation.
4) Grip on the phone is very good. The thought of phone slipping out never occurred to me.
5) Can easily accommodate phones of varying sizes (from 3.5 to 5.5 inch).
6) Uncomplicated design with a sturdy build quality means it should last very long.

What you'll not:

1) Good things come for a price. It is priced at 1599 which is 3-4 times than the other Cell Phone Holders. But, it'll outlast 10s of them.
2) There is nothing additional. No charging cable. no USB charging point, no FM radio, no tacky LEDs. I somehow prefer it this way.
3) Phone can be placed only horizontally. That may not work for some people. Although with a car dash app, this can be mitigated to a large extent.

If you are looking for something like phone dock of the Figo duos, this is closest thing to that. Of Course 'integration' with the dash is not so good but it does not look out of place according to me.

Below are some pictures.

After installation:

Cellphone Holder-img_20151214_110839.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_20151214_110849.jpg

After inserting the phone:
Cellphone Holder-img_20151214_111251.jpg

View from the driver's seat
Cellphone Holder-img_20151214_111454.jpg

If you notice towards right bottom side of the picture, I am also using Kinovo Bluetooth device for more than one year now. It is a bug free setup for bluetooth and has never failed me. With the investment of 4000 rupees, I almost have a very functional AVN setup for most of its purpose sans the reverse camera feed. I have never been a fan of OEM AVN setups. The touch screens are primitive in every way and bluetooths are mostly buggy.

Finally, view from outside:

Cellphone Holder-img_20151214_110657.jpg

Where to buy from:
Same seller sells this product both on Amazon.in and Ebay.in for the same price. Amazon is better for their return policy but on Ebay, discount coupons are more easily available. I am associated with neither.

Edit: I am not sure if this is available in offline markets like Nehru Place etc. In offline market, you are almost certain to get a price around 1K (which is the fair price for this product according to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Friends,

Here is a picture of the Hyundai Elantra Fluidic Dashboard.

Any help or directions appreciated. Thanks!!!
Sukhoi, this might work for you as well. It sticks on sloping surfaces according to the description.

Last edited by atnyia : 14th December 2015 at 12:45. Reason: Adding offline market line.
atnyia is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 20:45   #302
Senior - BHPian

The spigen is good to hold smaller gps devices as well.Does it rattle or shake the device when the car goes over potholes etc.
Old 14th December 2015, 22:44   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The spigen is good to hold smaller gps devices as well.Does it rattle or shake the device when the car goes over potholes etc.
Till now, it has been a perfect partner. The inner side provides right kind and amount of dampening. It holds gently and yet smugly. Totally chivalrous with zero rattle. However, it too short a time to judge on this aspect.
atnyia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 23:33   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Till now, it has been a perfect partner. The inner side provides right kind and amount of dampening. It holds gently and yet smugly. Totally chivalrous with zero rattle. However, it too short a time to judge on this aspect.
Sir jee,

We in Gurgaon can test for compatibility with lunar craters within 30 mins, and you say 10 days is too short a time! Surely you jest sir

Drive from St Xavier to Wembley Estate (Sec 50) just once at a speed of even 20 kph and you will get your answer!!

I like the design and may buy it soon - my 600rs worth Amkette holder is giving up the ghost - again because of bad rubber quality gaskets (those that hold the phone from the side). Please do advise!
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 12:12   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sir jee,

We in Gurgaon can test for compatibility with lunar craters within 30 mins, and you say 10 days is too short a time! Surely you jest sir

Drive from St Xavier to Wembley Estate (Sec 50) just once at a speed of even 20 kph and you will get your answer!!

I like the design and may buy it soon - my 600rs worth Amkette holder is giving up the ghost - again because of bad rubber quality gaskets (those that hold the phone from the side). Please do advise!

It has held admirably well. While I have driven over bad roads with potholes, gravel, speed breakers, there has been zero rattle.

It is a single piece, its biggest advantage. So, there is no possibility of issues with gaskets, screws or any brittle hard plastic parts. So, I strongly advise to go for this.

I also suggest ordering from Amazon for their return policy. So, in case it does not serve the purpose, one can simply return it with no questions and quick refunds. (This is based on personal experience, no association with Amazon).
Old 15th December 2015, 14:07   #306
BHPian

After much research and contemplation, I found this product to be suitable... And I have placed it in the most unlikely area of the dashboard. Have been using this for the past week and it seems sturdy.

The product is rock deluxe..

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00ZWS80BQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s00

Pros--
1. one handed operation.. I can fix or remove my handset without any hassles.. There is a small button at the back, pressing which expands the clamps very softly... For fixing the phone simply press together the clamps.
2. The back and the clamps is made of a soft material, so the phone will not get any scratches.
3. The suction is strong and because this part of the dashboard is very smooth, it holds tight.
4. As I have placed it in such a place, for me, it does not hinder the windshield view. While I can operate the phone easily.
5. The rotating ball makes it easy to turn the phone in either portrait or landscape mode.
6. The color combination matches my dashboard perfectly and it actually looks like a part of the dashboard.

Cons--
1. Not many I can see.. But I think the rotating ball may not be as strong... I will have to use it for a while and see.

It costs around Rs. 750.00 in amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-1450167704930.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-1450167738822.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-1450167761376.jpg  

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 15th December 2015 at 14:09. Reason: Added HyperLink
sukhoi30 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 20:18   #307
BHPian

Anyone had success with cell phone holder for the Chevy Spark? The windshield and dashboard position seems to be different from other cars....

- Krishnan
Old 1st February 2016, 06:47   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sir jee,

I've been using the spigen stealth for the last 2 months in Gurgaon and it has been faring well. The trick is to patiently let it stick to the dashboard, by leaving it overnight. The glue base strengthens its bond with time.

Once done, it is seamless in operation and can be used one handed. Have been using with iPhone 6 Plus without any issues. Only grouse is that for most > 4 in phones, the placement will be horizontal.

Purchased from Amazon.

PS - I'm not associated with seller / brand.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 01:12   #309
BANNED

With over 5 - 7 models that I have tried so far for my mobile to fit right in my Swift, all have failed.

Blame it mostly on the mobile weight I guess (170g weight). Lost all hoped and moreover tired waiting hence, this is my last trial so went ahead and got a Air vent mobile phone holder from AliExpress.

Cost: 227.85
Delivery: 47 days after shipping.

Got the delivery today afternoon and installed it on my car and went for a short drive of 3 kms on slightly bad roads.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160312_011009.png
Views: 4931
Size:  181.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160312_011033.png
Views: 4932
Size:  348.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160312_011059.png
Views: 4899
Size:  403.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160312_011131.png
Views: 4906
Size:  209.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160312_011150.png
Views: 4894
Size:  403.0 KB

Will be posting better pictures tomorrow with a mini review after my drive home from work.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th March 2016 at 01:30.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 13:56   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

I have had excellent experience with Capdase and Kensington. Maybe expensive but lasts for years without any degradation, looks much classier and never falls off. I use my Note 4 and also have the Note 10.1 tablet holder.

Highly recommended.
Old 12th March 2016, 18:53   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

I cannot get the suction-cup holders to reliably stick to the Polo dashboard in the position that I want it, which is at the edge, so I thought I have to try the weight/non-slip type of solution. Even though they are supposed to be improved over the earlier models, I dare not attach anything to VW air vents --- which I also do not want to block too much.

I got this Bracketron Dash Mat Mobile Holder Ufm-200 for a mere Rs.499* on e-bay which is 20% of this Amazon item. However, it comes with its own phone holder, which turned out to be no good for me at all.

I removed (four cheap aluminium rivets) the mount, and glued the disc from an Arkon mount (which would not suction fit, despite them sending me a new one from USA) in the centre of the Bracketron doughnut. The Arkon sticks onto its own, smooth, disk very well indeed.

Cellphone Holder-ph1.jpg

I'm very happy with the result: at cost of Rs499, the much more expensive Arkon is no longer going to waste, and I have what I want. I don't suppose it would stand up to rally driving (neither would I!) but it stays put on the city roads.

postscript:

ok, ok... even cheaper on Amazon. I should have looked harder. But I'm still happy.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 12th March 2016 at 19:22.
Old 14th March 2016, 11:43   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am presenting a small review of the Spigen Stealth. I have purchased it from EBay and have been using it for around 10 days.
I am using the same on my IVTEC, another disadvantage of this holder is that it gets loose if used on a daily basis.

*Not recommended*

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th March 2016 at 15:06. Reason: Quoted content trimmed. Please quote selectively - a large quoted post inconveniences mobile users. Thanks!
Old 18th March 2016, 17:28   #313
BHPian

Bought 'Bergmann Germany Automatic Mobile Phone Holder' from Amazon which works on the one-touch automatic system. I must says I'm extremely satisfied with the product and it has made mobile phone mounting in the car so quick and simple !

1. Its automatic, so just touch the mobile phone on the holder and is snaps automatically gripping it nicely and perfectly !
2. The suction is super strong !! It claims to have silicone base (as compared to cheap transparent plastic base available in other holders). The superior quality is evident the moment you see it.
3. Its available in 2 sizes - AutoGRIP and AutoGRIP XL. So depending upon your phone size, you can choose the right holder. For iphones 4,5,6, I guess AutoGRIP seems more suitable. For larger phones, go for AutoGRIP XL.
4. They provide a free Dashboard Disc with 3M tape in case someone wants to use it on the dash.
5. Last but not the least, it costed only 430/-, which is a steal for product of this class !

http://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Automatic-Mobile-Holder-Black/dp/B01CE3DYIU/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1458301401&sr= 1-4

http://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Automatic-Mobile-Holder-Black/dp/B01CE3DYOO/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1458301401&sr= 1-3
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-2.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-1.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-4.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-3.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-6.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-7.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-8.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-9.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-9b.jpg  

ashm99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 19:59   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
Bought 'Bergmann Germany Automatic Mobile Phone Holder' from Amazon which works on the one-touch automatic system. I must says I'm extremely satisfied with the product and it has made mobile phone mounting in the car so quick and simple !

1. Its automatic, so just touch the mobile phone on the holder and is snaps automatically gripping it nicely and perfectly !
2. The suction is super strong !! It claims to have silicone base (as compared to cheap transparent plastic base available in other holders). The superior quality is evident the moment you see it.
3. Its available in 2 sizes - AutoGRIP and AutoGRIP XL. So depending upon your phone size, you can choose the right holder. For iphones 4,5,6, I guess AutoGRIP seems more suitable. For larger phones, go for AutoGRIP XL.
4. They provide a free Dashboard Disc with 3M tape in case someone wants to use it on the dash.
5. Last but not the least, it costed only 430/-, which is a steal for product of this class !

http://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Automa...8301401&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Automa...8301401&sr=1-3
Looks good. Just placed an Order for one. Hope it's worth it.
Old 5th April 2016, 15:10   #315
Senior - BHPian

I use this same item (Bergmann AutoGrip XL) and is extremely satisfied with the product. The quality is very good and it is super easy to mount and remove the mobile.

The suction is super strong and the mobile do not vibrate even when going over bad patches.

For 430 INR, I have never come across something almost half as good as this one.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks