Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 20:43   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
I am using the capdase racer car mount holder for the last few days . Sourced it from Amazon for 1000rs , arrived in neat packaging . Works well for my iPhone 6 . Will update after I get to test it on rough roads .
The local version of this particular design is quite crappy - hope capdase is better. The phone is held in place by rubber moulded inserts which fall out over time as the car is parked in the sun.

please keep a fevikwik handy to fix these rubber inserts back when it falls out.
Old 21st August 2015, 08:43   #272
BHPian

Please help me for these 2 issues:-
1. I have a Note 3 and the previous holders i have purchased would either drop my phone over bumps or were not just upto the mark. Any link of a holder with good quality make to sustain the hot weather.
2. My Map my india GPS holder has suffered a crack due to unknown problem and local dealers have simply expressed their inability in providing me with a spare.
So, need holders for them. BTW, i drive a safari 2.2. Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 11:52   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am using the capdase racer car mount holder for the last few days . Sourced it from Amazon for 1000rs , arrived in neat packaging . Works well for my iPhone 6 . Will update after I get to test it on rough roads .
Using the same one since more than a year. No issues (touch wood) at all.
Old 21st August 2015, 12:15   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Using the same one since more than a year. No issues (touch wood) at all.

I also feel it would go the distance looks and feels quite sturdy . Manages to hold on the phone quite good on bangalore's speed bumpers and potholes so would do well on any other tarmac
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-image.jpg  

soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 13:35   #275
BHPian

Anyone using tomtom smartphone holder in Swift ?

I have a 90% transparent sun film on my windscreen, hence apprehensive to use the holder on the windscreen.

Any great place to locate the same on the dash of swift will be good.

Waiting for your inputs
Old 1st September 2015, 21:14   #276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Sorry for the back to back posts but I had missed this one.

I have attached a few pics after installing which shows the minimum and maximum width of the arms as well
Hey, after I seen the mount and after I bought a CD slot holder from AliExpress for $3.55, the holder isn't good enough for Swift's OEM HU as the CD slot is tall.

Look at the picture attached, Notice the yellow line (Vertical) which makes the mount unstable.

Cellphone Holder-untitled.jpg

I wanted to check this before I go ahead and get the nGroove mount. I have shot a mail to them. Lets see what they reply.

What do you think?
Old 1st September 2015, 21:20   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey, after I seen the mount and after I bought a CD slot holder from AliExpress for $3.55, the holder isn't good enough for Swift's OEM HU as the CD slot is tall.

Look at the picture attached, Notice the yellow line (Vertical) which makes the mount unstable.

Attachment 1409611

I wanted to check this before I go ahead and get the nGroove mount. I have shot a mail to them. Lets see what they reply.

What do you think?
If you don't mind waiting till the weekend, i can check how my mount fits in my brothers Swift so you will know an exact answer. I'm not sure Mountek will be able to comment on a particular car brand.
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 22:33   #278
BANNED

Quote:
If you don't mind waiting till the weekend, i can check how my mount fits in my brothers Swift so you will know an exact answer. I'm not sure Mountek will be able to comment on a particular car brand.
Thanks for the help. I'll wait and then buy after I get your reply on the issue.
Old 2nd October 2015, 15:25   #279
BHPian

I'm in a dilemma with respect to cell phone holders. I drive Honda Amaze which has round, completely close able vents with more turning ability than the mesh ones. I believe that holders which fit into air vents are not suitable in this situation. Although never used, I fear that the windshield mounts will interfere my vision. Dashboard ones may not stick properly over longer periods and pothole ridden roads. I am not able to find any alternative solution. Can anyone guide please? I may go with a flat one to be kept on dash just behind the steering wheel, use apps which turn phone display into mirror image and project on the windshield as HUD. It's a long shot but ergonomically works better.
Old 2nd October 2015, 15:35   #280
BHPian

Quote:
I also feel it would go the distance looks and feels quite sturdy . Manages to hold on the phone quite good on bangalore's speed bumpers and potholes so would do well on any other tarmac
I am using the same holder. Works pretty well on the bumpy Hyderabad roads. There is a bit of a shake when plying on the rough stretches that makes the phone unreadable. Otherwise it feels solid and trustworthy
Old 2nd October 2015, 18:58   #281
BANNED

Quote:
If you don't mind waiting till the weekend, i can check how my mount fits in my brothers Swift so you will know an exact answer.
Hey, it's been more than a month. Any idea if it'll work for the Swift?
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:29   #282
Senior - BHPian

Have placed an order for the Spigen Stealth mobile holder from amazon. Looks different and hope it suits me well enough

http://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Stealth-...spigen+stealth
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:36   #283
BHPian

Hey, let us know once you start using it, if Spigen sticks on the dash well. 2 out of 3 reviews are negative on this aspect. Hence curious. I will also go for it if your first hand experience is positive.
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:33   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Have placed an order for the Spigen Stealth mobile holder from amazon. Looks different and hope it suits me well enough

http://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Stealth-...spigen+stealth
That looks interesting. A new approach to gripping the phone.

Possible disadvantages: viewing angle lacks flexibility of the usual ball-joint thingy. Is it horizontally adjustable once stuck?

Is the adhesive gel re-mountable once stuck?

Big obvious advantage is that this thing is almost flat when not in use.

Looking forward to your report!
Old 3rd October 2015, 16:35   #285
Senior - BHPian

@Kautilya and Thad: I also had a look at amazon.com's reviews. 72% 5*s.

You have mentioned the cons of it pretty well. You get two angles to slot the phone in, that is all. Not sure if it is re-mountable. It has been dispatched today, so shall let you know by next week.

Also was looking at this:
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Hold...eywords=celbot

mainly for the long arm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks