Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2014, 19:17   #151
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Guys,

You can also check out the spider stand for mobiles and tablets. Here is a link to one I found on ebay : Spider Stand from Storeji

These are incredible. Bought one for my Honda city and used this stand to mount my iPad to the front AC vent. Plugged in the aux cable and converted the iPad to a touchscreen entertainment system, with music and video. When my parents are in the car, the same iPad is hung from the head rest, converting it into a monitor for rear passenger entertainment. The stand can be moulded into any shape and can hold any mobile or tablet. Truly an amazing product.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 2nd August 2014, 04:09   #152
BHPian

Mobile Holder for rear back seat passengers?

Hello Team-Bhp community,
Kindly suggest me a MOBILE HOLDER for rear back seat passengers. I have found many HEADSET BRACKET MOUNTS for tablets online but it will not suffice my requirement. I am traveling to leh/ladakh this month and will be using my 4.3" smartphone to record GPS trek on the way. I will be sitting at left of passenger back seat and holding my smartphone near window all the way. It would be painful to hold smartphone while traveling so i thought of a mobile holder but couldn`t find any suitable product for back seat passenger. So Bhpians kindly suggest me a solution for this. Let me share my temp solutions
  1. Using duck tape and install smartphone near handle of left door.
  2. Using HEADSET BRACKET MOUNT but i doubt it will miss GPS signal.
Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!!
PS: Car we are using is INNOVA. Smartphone MOTOROLA XT912
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:07   #153
BHPian

re: Mobile Holder for rear back seat passengers?

Checked ebay.Found one for smartphones,GPS which might suit your requirements. The unit is having 3M adhesive at the back and can be stuck at a suitable place.I am not sure if you are looking for this type
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-functi...item1e87ba2071
Old 14th October 2014, 10:33   #154
BHPian

Came across this product from "cnet" and looks interesting.

LINK

Ditch windshield suction cups and make use of an underutilized part of you cars dashboard to clear up your view.
Here your car's CD player is converted to a sturdy and well placed device holder.

It has two arms that slide back and forth on a mounting bracket to accommodate a range of devices from cell phone to a small tablet to GPS unit.

Also don't miss the video from the link. Or click

Last edited by treadmark : 14th October 2014 at 10:35.
treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:15   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Came across this product from "cnet" and looks interesting.

LINK

Ditch windshield suction cups and make use of an underutilized part of you cars dashboard to clear up your view.
Here your car's CD player is converted to a sturdy and well placed device holder.

It has two arms that slide back and forth on a mounting bracket to accommodate a range of devices from cell phone to a small tablet to GPS unit.

Also don't miss the video from the link. Or click

me thinks it is assumed that you've an open CD/DVD player as part of your head unit. in head units like the Pioneer DEH-6850 1DIN (which i had earlier), this mount wouldn't work because the drive slot is covered by the faceplate. also, i'm guessing it is assumed the buyer of this product has a 2DIN system coz i don't think a single DIN would not be able to take the weight of multiple phones or a tab as advertised on the video. even worse if you've a removable faceplate.

that being said, it is indeed innovative

Last edited by IronH4WK : 14th October 2014 at 13:17.
Old 14th October 2014, 13:51   #156
Team-BHP Support

I distinctly remember this car mobile holder retailing close to the 1k mark in Flipkart a month back.

Read a few reviews and came across the manufacturer's own video on Youtube:

Not really sure if the suction grip is that good as demonstrated in the video. Just thought of posting it here.
Old 14th October 2014, 14:15   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I distinctly remember this car mobile holder retailing close to the 1k mark in Flipkart a month back.

Read a few reviews and came across the manufacturer's own video on Youtube:

Not really sure if the suction grip is that good as demonstrated in the video. Just thought of posting it here.
I have exactly same one, exactly except brand. It is unbranded which I saw at an accessory shop, liked it and bought it @150.

It has suction and double side tape. I mounted it on the dashboard with suction and included double side tape in my Polo in November last year. It is standing tall and confident since then.

I did a 1400kms trip in June this year to Himachal which had some very very bad patches. There was a always a mobile (Moto E, for GPS) in this holder and I did not face any problem at all.

I will surely recommend it, assuming flipkart's one is branded (Rearth) so suction (and double side tape) should be at least as good as mine.
Old 14th October 2014, 19:25   #158
Senior - BHPian

I got this today and its such a joy to have

http://www.amazon.com/Koomus-Air-Ven...s=phone+holder

I keep the ac vent off
Old 14th October 2014, 22:34   #159
Senior - BHPian

Tried a lot of phone holders then finally was satisfied with the iOttie One Touch.

When I got the Note 3, had to get a holder which can accommodate more than 3"; the Note 3 wouldn't fit on the One Touch. When I was considering the One Touch XL, saw a newer model - the One Touch 2.

The suction cup is so strong, it can lift a bowling ball! Both of them are excellent products and made of durable material.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 20:41   #160

Bought this new smartphone mount called AutoMount. Thought I will just give a shoutout, no mounts been this convenient for me.

The video has been running around in my facebook feed for a while.

It came with a real neat packaging and a surprisingly detailed instruction manual. The suction power is robust, it has some sort of a sticky gel under it that makes it feel very sturdy. Mounting and releasing takes no time at all as it uses magnets. I had to stick a very thin metal plate under my phone case to use this mount but overall I dont have to clip, clamp or do other things to mount my phone anymore. Pretty handy actually. They sell the product in their website: www.automount.in
Old 31st December 2014, 21:36   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo1 View Post
Bought this new smartphone mount called AutoMount. Thought I will just give a shoutout, no mounts been this convenient for me.
How about signal quality? Now that you have a metal plate inside the case and you attach the phone to a strong magnet.

Most phones have their antennas around there. GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, voice and data. In many phones just covering certain area on the back with hand shows drop in signal strength.

Just as little curious and concerned.
Old 1st January 2015, 00:09   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
How about signal quality? Now that you have a metal plate inside the case and you attach the phone to a strong magnet.

Most phones have their antennas around there. GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, voice and data. In many phones just covering certain area on the back with hand shows drop in signal strength.

Just as little curious and concerned.
Didn't have such issue with my phone. I was out the whole day today and attended voice calls inside my car and such without any problems. The plate is at the center of the phone and magnet will also be in that area so signal might not be interfered directly. But then I stay in the city, so i will never be able to tell until I go to the outskirts maybe :/
AlterEgo1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 09:21   #163
Team-BHP Support

How well does the phone hold up when the car is going through some rough patches and potholes? I thought the video would show a real-world test instead of the shakiness test and the guy just getting in and out of the car.
Old 1st January 2015, 10:52   #164
BHPian

Happy new year to everyone.

I am planning to buy the Rearth Monster grip car holder. I had a quick look at Flipkart and I could see the same product with different names and price ranging from 200 to 800. So I am slightly confused as to which is the real deal. Is this product really worth 800 bucks? I have an HTC one and I plan to stick the car holder on my SX4's dashboard.

Please let me know if this product is worth buying or I should consider something else.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 1st January 2015 at 11:04. Reason: Grammar
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 11:07   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Happy new year to everyone.

I am planning to buy the Rearth Monster grip car holder. I had a quick look at Flipkart and I could see the same product with different names and price ranging from 200 to 800. So I am slightly confused as to which is the real deal. Is this product really worth 800 bucks? I have a HTC one and I plan to stick the car holder on my SX4's dashboard.

Please let me know if this product is worth buying or I should consider something else.

Thanks in advance.
Happy new year to you too Aston.

Check the recent reviews for the product in flipkart. It seems they had given real Rearth initially that worked well and was priced at 1000+. However, most of the recent reviews seem to suggest the latest offering as something that works only on the windscreen.

I'm also in the hunt for a dashboard mount and the search still goes on. One product I've noticed that seem to work well is the iOttie mentioned by IronH4WK below. Downside is that the price in India in 2k-3k range, though the same costs half of that in US. Waiting for a reasonable offer in 1-1.5k range.

Another option seems to be Amkette since they provide 3M adhesive discs to be placed on dashboard that can hold the suction cup. Plastic quality doesn't seem to be that good but in case it breaks, you can always get a glass-only product next time since you already have disc. Unfortunately for me, I need something that can be swapped between my cars and hence I'm unlikely to go with that option. If I need to buy 2 of these, I might as well buy iOttie at a premium.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks