Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 01:20   #241
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

How about this ? It holds and charges both. Material is of good quality. You can use the cable for iphone or normal charging cables of other phones. Rotates very nicely so that the passenger can also have a view. Problem is that the largest size supported is iphone 6 only.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B007VD0V30?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s00
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-download.jpg  

Old 6th August 2015, 09:04   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
How about this ? It holds and charges both. Material is of good quality. You can use the cable for iphone or normal charging cables of other phones. Rotates very nicely so that the passenger can also have a view. Problem is that the largest size supported is iphone 6 only.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B007VD0V30?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s00
Hi, I had used a similar one this previously. However what I noticed is the the charger grip become loose consitently and there is a tendency for the holder to change position or suddenly rotate if you are on rough roads. Also, personally I prefer a fast charger in the car (something that churns out 2.1A or more). Size is definitely a consideration that you will have to have in mind. The grip of the phone matters and I was always fearful that the phone might fall off the moment I hit potholes or rough roads. Again this is my personal experience and preferences differ from people to people. Hope this is useful
Old 7th August 2015, 15:27   #243
BHPian

I had done some research on replacing the oem head unit with a Nexus 7 although I never got the time to follow it up so the project kinda died but now after reading your thread I'm thinking of giving it a shot
The summary of my research was as follows :
1. Nexus 7 with a custom ROM and kernel paired with Tasker so when you start the car the tablet switches on by itself and switches off (not just the screen) so no issue of standby drain when the car is parked for long. Also setup for accepting calls when paired to the phone via software level mods. (ROM on xda forums)
2. The back panel of the tablet was removed and and the charging connecter was modified to be of L shape so it fits properly. Also there was a separate circuit wiring to charge the tablet directly and not through the cigarette lighter port.
3. Through a USB dock to micro-usb port connect a mini amp and a separate line for usb connectivity which could be connected a pendrive, hard disk etc.
4. Also the aux wire was connected t with the amp so that was also taken care of.
5. The housing to fit the dash is available on Ali express and eBay USA for the SX4 or could be fabricated with fibreglass.
6. Advance level : some module to link the steering controls to work with the tablet. Didn't read much about it.
7. All the necessary connectors.

I had estimated a cost to do this setup for around 10-15k considering a used 2012 Nexus 7 and a basic mini amp.
Old 11th August 2015, 06:06   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I've been using a magnetic mobile holder for the last 3 months and can confirm that they are very good and don't disturb the signals.
I bought these from Ali express for $6, whilst hunting for a good mobile holder (several websites in parallel) and it turned up a month later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I unpacked my holder and tried i on my Swift and I am having a different story all-together. The mobile is too heavy I guess for the holder or the 3M sticker is not of good quality. The steel ball isn't holding it at the place I stuck it and falls down.
Guys I got a magnetic holder to hold my One plus. It looks exactly the same with a small difference. The magnet does not stick to the cell phone.

What is stuck on the phone is a thin metal plate. Magnet stays on the ball. Don't know how effective it will be, but the 3M tape to stick the ball on to the dash has already given away. Now need to scout for one.
Old 11th August 2015, 06:56   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys I got a magnetic holder to hold my One plus. It looks exactly the same with a small difference. The magnet does not stick to the cell phone.

What is stuck on the phone is a thin metal plate. Magnet stays on the ball. Don't know how effective it will be, but the 3M tape to stick the ball on to the dash has already given away. Now need to scout for one.
I got this Kenu airframe+ replica from Aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kenu-...427780320.html I am extremely satisfied with the product. If you are comfortable with air vent mobile holders, this will be a good buy. By all chance this is a replica since the original product cost around $20-25.

Last edited by poloman : 11th August 2015 at 06:58.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 10:36   #246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Don't know how effective it will be, but the 3M tape to stick the ball on to the dash has already given away. Now need to scout for one.
Same problem with me too. Have bought 3M double sided tape separately. Have to try it once. Not getting time to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I got this Kenu airframe+ replica from Aliexpress
Thanks for the link, what mobile do you use? Can you post some pictures post installation from different angles?!

Worried if the air vent blade snaps thanks to the heavy OnePlus One mobile that I use.
Old 11th August 2015, 10:48   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Same problem with me too. Have bought 3M double sided tape separately. Have to try it once. Not getting time to do anything.

Thanks for the link, what mobile do you use? Can you post some pictures post installation from different angles?!

Worried if the air vent blade snaps thanks to the heavy OnePlus One mobile that I use.
I use a mi4 and it is fitting perfectly. The holder snaps on to the air-vents of the Polo nicely. I don't think it will snap the air-vent blades if you use mild force for insertion and extraction. The only problem i faced is that it will block the air flow and the mobile gets too cold with dew formation on the screen. This affects the touch sensitivity.
The holder design claims it can hold most of the 6" mobiles comfortably.

Last edited by poloman : 11th August 2015 at 10:51.
Old 11th August 2015, 15:39   #248
BHPian

After hunting for a long time and seeing tons of videos online reviews of mobile holders, I think I have finally found a good one - Mountek Groove nGrip. I ordered it from GEB (Global Ebay) for INR 2200. It is shipped from the US by Mountek themselves.

http://www.mountek.com/shop/cell-pho...d-gps-devices/

Coming to the utility of the product, it is extremely easy to install. However, please check for the placement (or presence) of the CD drive to see if any other buttons are blocked. I usually 'ínstall' it only when i need to use the GPS on my mobile, the rest of the times I keep it in the glovebox (yes, its that compact and easy to remove).

In terms of stability it is absolutely rock solid and grips the phone very firmly. Let me know in case of any specific queries about the product
Old 11th August 2015, 17:48   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I got this Kenu airframe+ replica from Aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kenu-...427780320.html I am extremely satisfied with the product. If you are comfortable with air vent mobile holders, this will be a good buy. By all chance this is a replica since the original product cost around $20-25.
My experience with Air vent holder has not been good.
I had ordered http://www.flipkart.com/bracketron-p...CDVYCWEGZXQ4ZR but the clip broke off on the very first day while trying to remove it from the vent. Additionally, I am also bothered about the fact that it will end up blocking most of the air output from AC vents which can be an issue on long drives.

However, this particular mount also had an option of sticking it on the dash hence had a 3 M double sided tape. Good that your post reminded me of that, I will now use that tape to stick the magnet of my Magnetic phone holder.
Old 14th August 2015, 10:24   #250
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys a small update on the magnetic cell phone holder.

I managed to get the magnet stick to the dash using the 3M double sided tape I had got with my air vent holder.
Cellphone Holder-img20150812wa0007.jpg

My one plus one being a heavy phone, is not held as rigidly as I would want. It does swivel around a bit and once I rest the bottom part of the phone on the dash, it is reasonably fine. However, my concern regarding the magnet not sticking well was misplaced since it has held on well.

Cellphone Holder-img20150812wa0006.jpg

What has not held on well is the metal plate which goes on the back of the phone. It had started slipping, (see attached photo) and today i finally removed it. Need to find a means of sticking it again to the phone hopefully better this time.

Cellphone Holder-img_20150814_095619.jpg
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 11:01   #251
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this was discussed earlier, but has anyone got one of these?

http://celbot.com/CelGo-Car-Mount
Old 14th August 2015, 11:25   #252
BHPian

I am using iOttie (link below) mobile car mount since last six months and it is holding the phone really well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._al_bw_g107_i2
Old 14th August 2015, 11:26   #253
BHPian

Has anyone the know of "Montar" supposedly the best cell phone holder. Price in Amazon seems atrocious!!
Old 15th August 2015, 10:30   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Since late last year, I am using a phone/tablet mount from ExoGear. The specific model is called ExoGear ExoMount Tablet S. It perfectly takes my 5.2" phone as well as my 7" tablet.

Here is a picture of how it looks:

Cellphone Holder-01exogearmount.jpg

I have given more details (including the product link) in my other thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3763252

After having tried so many mounts, I am really happy with this one. This is extremely sturdy and very well designed in general, and I would recommend it to anybody without any hesitation.

They also have a couple of other ExoMount products, for different phone/tablet sizes. In their product link, they mention the minimum and maximum size of the phone grip, so one can carefully study the dimensions and find the right product for their phone/tablet.
Old 15th August 2015, 14:34   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
After hunting for a long time and seeing tons of videos online reviews of mobile holders, I think I have finally found a good one - Mountek Groove nGrip. I ordered it from GEB (Global Ebay) for INR 2200. It is shipped from the US by Mountek themselves.

http://www.mountek.com/shop/cell-pho...d-gps-devices/
Thanks for sharing. Can you please share few pics after installation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks