Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2015, 09:47   #211

re: Cellphone Holder

I use an iOttie One Touch XL car phone mount for my phone. It's a large phone and pretty heavy with the cover, and despite this, the holder does an excellent job of keeping it in place. The best part is that this is one of the few companies that make suction pads with adhesive gel in the base so that you can mount it on dashboard also (I don't like blocking the windshield).

I'm attaching a couple of pics. You can also see it in action in the thread here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3694604
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-20150204_161614.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-20150204_161643.jpg  

OrthodocX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 21:14   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
I use an iOttie One Touch XL car phone mount for my phone. It's a large phone and pretty heavy with the cover, and despite this, [/url]
Hi,
I am also looking for a phone holder, as I am using Note 3 its hard to find bigger size holder.
Can you please verify if this can hold big phones and kindly share the pricing as well..
Old 9th June 2015, 22:48   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi,
I am also looking for a phone holder, as I am using Note 3 its hard to find bigger size holder.
Can you please verify if this can hold big phones and kindly share the pricing as well..
I am using Capdase Mobile holder for Oneplus one. It is AC vent mount type and works very well. Got it gor Approx 1100/- around 18 months back.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 01:10   #214
BANNED

Guys,

While shopping for holders, I came across a few holders that were holding the mobile by magnets.

Have any one of you used these types? Won't the magnet hinder the signals and functioning of the mobile?
Old 10th June 2015, 01:18   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I am using Capdase Mobile holder for Oneplus one. It is AC vent mount type and works very well. Got it gor Approx 1100/- around 18 months back.
Thanks for the input. I will buy one soon and post the pics..
Old 10th June 2015, 10:22   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi,
Yes, it holds the note 3 very well. Good for all large phones like note series, iphone 6 plus, nexus 6 etc. Cost me about 2200 INR. Ordered from Amazon. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B007FH716W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o08_s00
OrthodocX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 10:47   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys,

While shopping for holders, I came across a few holders that were holding the mobile by magnets.

Have any one of you used these types? Won't the magnet hinder the signals and functioning of the mobile?
I haven't used a mobile holder that has a magnet, but I have a blackberry holster that has a magnet. That magnet is quite strong and is used by the bb to detect if it is in holster or not. No issues with the signals or functioning of the phone.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:49   #218
BHPian

Hi! Just wanted to check if anyone is using this particular model (M 50) Amkette mobile holder in their vehicle? If so, can you please share your feedback?

While at work, I park my vehicle under the sun from 10am to 6 pm and hence, am particularly worried about whether the suction cup will stay put on the windshield in the long run.

Putting it off and on everyday is something I am looking to avoid.

This model interests me in particular since the suction cup has a 90mm diameter.

Thank you!

http://www.amazon.in/Amkette-Univers...d-a072ccc3ceba

Cellphone Holder-41cbqrpbbyl.jpg
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:26   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hi! Just wanted to check if anyone is using this particular model (M 50) Amkette mobile holder in their vehicle? If so, can you please share your feedback?

While at work, I park my vehicle under the sun from 10am to 6 pm and hence, am particularly worried about whether the suction cup will stay put on the windshield in the long run.

Putting it off and on everyday is something I am looking to avoid.

This model interests me in particular since the suction cup has a 90mm diameter.
Suction cups aren't the problem - what gives way is the rubber lining which is used to grip the phone. In its absence, I just had to junk my windshield mounted suction cup design holder. I took it off now, after about an year. That is good enough in my books.
Old 4th July 2015, 16:38   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I haven't used a mobile holder that has a magnet, but I have a blackberry holster that has a magnet. That magnet is quite strong and is used by the bb to detect if it is in holster or not. No issues with the signals or functioning of the phone.
I've been using a magnetic mobile holder for the last 3 months and can confirm that they are very good and don't disturb the signals.
I bought these from Ali express for $6, whilst hunting for a good mobile holder (several websites in parallel) and it turned up a month later.

Cellphone Holder-img_20150501_082458.jpg

The magnet went behind the phone case as below.
Cellphone Holder-img_0528.jpg

And the metal was struck at a convenient place in the car.

Cellphone Holder-img_0522.jpg

There it is - A rattle free and simple setup!
Phone has not fallen down even once over the last 3 months. It's super convenient to charge the phone as well when required.

Cellphone Holder-img_0524.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_0526.jpg

And the best part is - magnet works very well with my Thunderbird too. I used it a couple of times (Google maps) and it was cool.

Cellphone Holder-20150704_155654.jpg

PS: I'm not affiliated with this product nor the seller by any means. I'm publishing it here after using for 3 months and felt it to be a good alternative to the conventional holders. Hence posting it here.
ventoman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 18:43   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I bought these from Ali express for $6, whilst hunting for a good mobile holder (several websites in parallel) and it turned up a month later.
I am happy to see another satisfied owner of this. I have just received the parcel from Ali Express.

And I paid $2.97 for the same magnetic holder. Shall be unpacking and trying it on my car tomorrow. Thanks for the post.
Old 10th July 2015, 12:05   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Attachment 1388792
After searching for different mobile holders, zeroed on this. Here's a quick review of this product.

Product Name: Amkette Car Mount Sportz (Car M50)

Purchased from Amazon @ INR 605.
IMO anything above INR 1000 is too expensive for its utility. I did check many models mentioned in this wonderful thread. As my phone is big, this model fits the requirement quite well.

I ordered this product last Friday and Amazon delivered it on Monday. Excellent service by Amazon as usual. It’s a made in china product.

What you will like:
1. Can hold any big size phones comfortably. I am using Samsung Note 3.
2. The horizontal adjustment has nice spring action and can extends really wide.
3. It has a 90mm suction cup. Fits snugly.
4. Easy to remove/attach the holder to the windscreen. It has a nice knob for it.
5. Multiple knobs to get the real 360 degree rotation.
6. Come with 3M Disc for dashboard mount.
7. Has nice soft lining which helps in securing phone snugly and avoid any scratches.
8. Very less vibration. Though I have used it only for last 5 days on city roads. I tried going over potholes multiple times to check vibration and the stand didn’t vibrate much.

What you won't:
1. The size is really big as compared to the online photos. So getting the right placement on the front windshield is difficult. You don’t have too many options.
2. Plastic quality is average. Not too bad/flimsy.
3. Long term durability remains a question.
4. 3M disc is one time use only.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase.

The box. That’s Tata Manza on the cover
Cellphone Holder-01.jpg

Cellphone Holder-02.jpg

MRP INR 799
Cellphone Holder-03.jpg

Check out the size of the holder. It’s really chunky. Placed next to pen to get an idea.
Cellphone Holder-04.jpg

Cellphone Holder-05.jpg

The main mobile mount: that is the widest it can get. Big enough to hold any big phones or GPS device.
Cellphone Holder-06.jpg

Cellphone Holder-07.jpg

Placed in my Swift at right bottom corner of the windshield.
Cellphone Holder-08.jpg

Cellphone Holder-09.jpg

Cellphone Holder-10.jpg

That’s my Note 3 with cover. It fits snugly.
Cellphone Holder-11.jpg

Cellphone Holder-12.jpg

This is the driver's view. This placement works out well for me as it is in your natural vision without obstructing your view.
Cellphone Holder-14.jpg

That’s Samsung S Duos to get size comparison.
Cellphone Holder-13.jpg

Note: I tried rotating the first three photos and last photo but somehow it is still showing in landscape mode

Thanks for reading.
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 22:30   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I've been using a magnetic mobile holder for the last 3 months and can confirm that they are very good and don't disturb the signals.
I unpacked my holder and tried i on my Swift and I am having a different story all-together. The mobile is too heavy I guess for the holder or the 3M sticker is not of good quality. The steel ball isn't holding it at the place I stuck it and falls down.

A few pictures:

The Holder:
Cellphone Holder-img_20150707_151158horz.jpg

Magnet and the Holder:
Cellphone Holder-imag0989.jpg

Holder stuck in place:
Cellphone Holder-20150710_170519.jpg

A close-up view:
Cellphone Holder-20150710_170532.jpg

PS: I use OnePlus One mobile and from the pictures you posted, you too use the same?

I am planning to buy additional 3M double-sided tapes to see if it works! Fingers crossed.
Old 11th July 2015, 00:43   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
After searching for different mobile holders, zeroed on this. Here's a quick review of this product.

Product Name: Amkette Car Mount Sportz (Car M50)

Purchased from Amazon @ INR 605.
IMO anything above INR 1000 is too expensive for its utility. I did check many models mentioned in this wonderful thread. As my phone is big, this model fits the requirement quite well.

I ordered this product last Friday and Amazon delivered it on Monday. Excellent service by Amazon as usual. It’s a made in china product.

What you will like:
1. Can hold any big size phones comfortably. I am using Samsung Note 3.
2. The horizontal adjustment has nice spring action and can extends really wide.
3. It has a 90mm suction cup. Fits snugly.
4. Easy to remove/attach the holder to the windscreen. It has a nice knob for it.
5. Multiple knobs to get the real 360 degree rotation.
6. Come with 3M Disc for dashboard mount.
7. Has nice soft lining which helps in securing phone snugly and avoid any scratches.
8. Very less vibration. Though I have used it only for last 5 days on city roads. I tried going over potholes multiple times to check vibration and the stand didn’t vibrate much.

What you won't:
1. The size is really big as compared to the online photos. So getting the right placement on the front windshield is difficult. You don’t have too many options.
2. Plastic quality is average. Not too bad/flimsy.
3. Long term durability remains a question.
4. 3M disc is one time use only.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase.
Hey thank you so much for the recommendation. I was also looking for suitable phone holder for my note 3. And spending more than 1000 bucks on a phone holder is too much for me as well. I will order soon, now the price is 599 INR.
Old 11th July 2015, 08:55   #225
BHPian

Quote:
I unpacked my holder and tried i on my Swift and I am having a different story all-together. The mobile is too heavy I guess for the holder or the 3M sticker is not of good quality. The steel ball isn't holding it at the place I stuck it and falls down.
PS: I use OnePlus One mobile and from the pictures you posted, you too use the same?

I am planning to buy additional 3M double-sided tapes to see if it works! Fingers crossed.
Based on my experience over the last 3 months, I am tempted to doubt the 3M sticker that came along with your kit. Please do try with a different 3M sticker and let us know.
PS: Mine is a Huawei 5.5" phone and is as heavy as One Plus One.

Last edited by ventoman : 11th July 2015 at 09:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks