Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2015, 11:09   #166
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Well, i recently purchased a Capdase HR00-CA01 Universal Racer Car Mount Holder, and i am pretty happy with the purchase. Used it to hold my galaxy S4 for a recent long drive of around 1500 kms and it held the phone pretty well.
No issues with it so far. Costs Rs.799 on amazon.in

You can also check out the video on youtube on this model to help you decide
Old 1st January 2015, 11:12   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
Well, i recently purchased a Capdase HR00-CA01 Universal Racer Car Mount Holder, and i am pretty happy with the purchase. Used it to hold my galaxy S4 for a recent long drive of around 1500 kms and it held the phone pretty well.
No issues with it so far. Costs Rs.799 on amazon.in

You can also check out the video on Youtube on this model to help you decide
Does it stick to dashboard or only on glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I got this today and its such a joy to have

http://www.amazon.com/Koomus-Air-Ven...s=phone+holder

I keep the ac vent off
Are you using it for Swift? How strong is the central AC vents of Swift? I'm worried about the AC vents breaking due to weight since most vents are flimsy. Also, is there any sideways movement?

Last edited by zenren : 1st January 2015 at 11:20.
Old 1st January 2015, 11:17   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Does it stick to dashboard or only on glass?

Are you using it for Swift? How strong is the central AC vents of Swift? I'm worried about the AC vents breaking due to weight since most vents are flimsy.
It is better to stick the Capdase holder to the glass, especially the center part of the windscreen so that it doesn't obscure your vision. but i am sure the suction cup will hold against the dashboard as well if that is what you prefer. The surface should be clean and flat, thats all.
Old 1st January 2015, 12:10   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
The surface should be clean and flat, thats all.
That is the problem with the dashboards, even if it looks flat. Almost all dashboards have a grained texture which renders the usual vacuum suction cup useless since there would be uneven gaps through which air can escape. Unless these brands come up with a cup that can fill those small gaps, it wouldn't stick to dashboard.
Old 1st January 2015, 20:03   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
How well does the phone hold up when the car is going through some rough patches and potholes? I thought the video would show a real-world test instead of the shakiness test and the guy just getting in and out of the car.
No problem, I took my car off-road today. It is sturdy enough. Check out the instruction manual they gave -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Happy new year to everyone.

I am planning to buy the Rearth Monster grip car holder. I had a quick look at Flipkart and I could see the same product with different names and price ranging from 200 to 800. So I am slightly confused as to which is the real deal. Is this product really worth 800 bucks? I have an HTC one and I plan to stick the car holder on my SX4's dashboard.

Please let me know if this product is worth buying or I should consider something else.

Thanks in advance.
I had that holder before this once, I bought it from eBay for 350 Rs. The clip looks like an alligator. The issue i had with it was that I need to adjust the phone every time just like my side mirror and the suction came off pretty easily. I don't think mine was genuine though. Lot of counterfeits in the market.

I have tried other mounts too. I have a long tube one which is okay until i go on potholes and then the mount goes up and down like crazy. Too much movement.

This AutoMount looks like its a great solution as yet, especially the mounting and removing part takes no time and I am able to move from landscape to portrait by just using one finger. And in my Galaxy S3 the plate goes under the battery cover and so I don't even have to use a case along with it.

Quote:
That is the problem with the dashboards, even if it looks flat. Almost all dashboards have a grained texture which renders the usual vacuum suction cup useless since there would be uneven gaps through which air can escape. Unless these brands come up with a cup that can fill those small gaps, it wouldn't stick to dashboard.
I think that is what AutoMount was trying to do with there mount. There is a soft gel under the suction cup that they said will fill up light textured dashboards. But that didn't feel strong enough in my car (I have an Indica and a C Class) so I chose the windshield option.

Why I am sharing my experience with AutoMount is because these people are so nice and called me just after I received my product to explain how to use it and then called me today again for feedback. Haha
AlterEgo1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 20:08   #171

Another huge problem with my older mounts was that i could not access voice rocker or any other ports in my phone. Especially when I get a phone call and I cant increase the volume i had to stop the car to take the phone out :/
Old 4th January 2015, 10:08   #172
BHPian

So after reading around I finally decided to go with the Capdase HR00-CA01, retailing at 1100 bucks. (flipkart is selling it for 1000)
Initial impressions - Highly sturdy, suction cap has a lock sort of a thing so you don't need to worry about it coming off. But you can only stick this to the windscreen, not to the dashboard since the dashboard surface in most of the cars is not flat. I've placed it right in the centre and it doesn't obstruct your vision at all. Lastly, the holder is able to support my phone's weight (HTC One), even over bad roads/bumps.
Verdict - I think it's a great product for the price. Go ahead with it.
Old 4th January 2015, 10:23   #173
BHPian

My problem is not with the capability of the holder to latch on to the device.
I use the holder/camera combination to record videos rather than look at GPS or phone calls.
I have a phone mount which I purchased at a local car accessories store and it does a pretty good job in terms of holding on to the device on the roughest of roads.
My bigger concern is the vibration that the camera goes through at high speeds. There is so much shake in the device that the video is unwatchable.

Any solutions for this?
Old 5th January 2015, 22:00   #174
Senior - BHPian

Placed the order for Amkette holder @ 333; lets see how this performs.

http://www.amazon.in/Amkette-Univers...475159&sr=1-10

Even if the holder is not really up to the mark, they are giving a 3M disc that can be used with other better quality windshield mounts in future I guess.
Old 5th January 2015, 22:27   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo1 View Post
No problem, I took my car off-road today. It is sturdy enough. Check out the instruction manual they gave -
This AutoMount looks like its a great solution as yet, especially the mounting and removing part takes no time and I am able to move from landscape to portrait by just using one finger. And in my Galaxy S3 the plate goes under the battery cover and so I don't even have to use a case along with it.
Hi - What is the time they take for delivery? Also I use a Note 2 with a protective casing so it should be able to handle it right?
Old 6th January 2015, 00:31   #176
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the Capdase Racer for almost 2 years now and it has definitely been a good buy. The only defect is that there is a lock for the phone holder mechanism that became loose and kept locking which I did not prefer so I fixed it by shoving a wad of foil in there to keep it in the unlocked position.
Contrary to common practice of mounting it on the windshield, I have mounted it on the driver doors quarter panel, maybe slightly above dashboard height. This way it does not obscure my vision but it is still easily accessible and visible, for example when using Google Maps for navigation or to see the callers name.
Old 7th January 2015, 20:43   #177
Senior - BHPian

Received the Amkette holder today. Plastic quality and finish is pretty good, though it is not so easy to place the phone in and out. Fixed it on the windscreen for now, just under the ORVM. The suction seems to be reasonably good so far, though it remains to be seen how it would fare once it is parked in direct sunlight for a few days. Depending on the performance, I might use the 3M disc provided to put it on the dashboard.

Here are some initial pics:
Cellphone Holder-wp_20150107_001.jpg

Cellphone Holder-wp_20150107_002.jpg

I'll probably post an update a few weeks later depending on how the current position holds up.
Old 9th January 2015, 20:23   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Hi - What is the time they take for delivery? Also I use a Note 2 with a protective casing so it should be able to handle it right?
It came to me in 2 days. I use it with my iPhone 6 for which it works really good. As for protective casing Is it that thick one? They said you can only use it with 2mm cases, and the magnetic power decreases after that. In that case you can stick the round plate outside the case, then it will work fine. 3 of my friends bought this thing after they saw it in my car lol.

Anyway they have a fun video in there facebook page lol. Maybe you might have to log into watch, I dunno.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater
Old 9th January 2015, 20:29   #179

Quote:
Received the Amkette holder today. Plastic quality and finish is pretty good, though it is not so easy to place the phone in and out. Fixed it on the windscreen for now, just under the ORVM. The suction seems to be reasonably good so far, though it remains to be seen how it would fare once it is parked in direct sunlight for a few days. Depending on the performance, I might use the 3M disc provided to put it on the dashboard.

Here are some initial pics:
Attachment 1325165

Attachment 1325166

I'll probably post an update a few weeks later depending on how the current position holds up.
Any idea how I can get the 3m disc? Can i make it or use another DIY alternative? The suction cup of AutoMount works really well on my Duster but not that well on my C Class as it is having a very textured dashboard. So i plan to buy another one and use it in the windshield for now, but dashboard will be super nice.

Placing phone in and out was my problem with every holder that I had. The magnetic holder is too convenient if you look at it that way.
Old 9th January 2015, 23:14   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo1 View Post
Any idea how I can get the 3m disc? Can i make it or use another DIY alternative? The suction cup of AutoMount works really well on my Duster but not that well on my C Class as it is having a very textured dashboard. So i plan to buy another one and use it in the windshield for now, but dashboard will be super nice.

Placing phone in and out was my problem with every holder that I had. The magnetic holder is too convenient if you look at it that way.
3M disc is nothing but a round plastic piece with a double sided 3M tape on one side and a perfectly flat surface on the other. If you want a DIY solution, you can always cut the lid of a plastic container to this size and get a 3M double sided tape and stick it to the rough surface. Considering I paid only 333 including shipping, DIY would also cost a considerable fraction of that.

I have HTC 8X, which does not have a removable battery. So magnetic mount is not an option for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks