Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 12:38   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I am using the Zaap Quick Touch One Premium 360 Adjustable 3-in-1 Car Mount Holder For All Smartphones (3rd Generation, Black) in my CRETA since Aug 2016. Was used with Samsung Note 5 and now with the Note 8.

I would highly recommend the same.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can this be mounted on the mirror? I had the similar designed product from Anker which I bought from Dubai, it went sideways after just a week. 😢
Old 7th September 2018, 05:22   #467
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I have having the top of the line mount & charger combo from tomtom.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/tomt...0phone%20mount

It has a high quality smartphone mount, 12V fast charger, charging cable and wire management clips. The quality of materials is top notch and you pay a premium for that. The phone holder has a small footprint and the setup looks tidy. It includes a 3m double sided tape if you want to attach the holder in dashboard or plastic areas where suction wont work.
My trusty TomTom mobile mount served its purpose for almost 4 years & 62K km. However one of the springs which hold the phone had problems which led to a not so secure fit. Finally the suction mount got torn one day due to excessive heat of car parked outside and it was time to get a new one.

iOttie is one of the most popular brands for mobile mount worldwide, and many companies like Zapp made clone of their popular One Touch lineup which one Bhpian is using below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I have been using one from Zapp, but not the magnetic holder. Frankly, I wouldn't want to get anything magnetic near a SIM card / Memory card. The one that I am using affixes itself very well, even on pimpled surfaces, as found on my GT TSI dashboard. It has not fallen off in the 3 months that I have been using it.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I asked a friend in US to get one for me

Easy One Touch 4 Dashboard & Windshield Mount

Cellphone Holder-img_4664.jpg

Initial Impressions:

+Good build quality as expected, however tomtom was better
+Dashboard mount pad given in case you want to fix on dashboard
+Its very flexible and you will get the desired position in no time
+One touch phone mounting is a neat feature

-Its more bulky compared with TomTom one. I always prefer compact mounts as they are less of an eyesore and dont block field of view much.
- Due to its long arm there is a little play during bumps, something which was not present in TomTom.

More details here:
https://www.iottie.com/Product/Detai...ndshield-Mount

Last edited by Samfromindia : 7th September 2018 at 05:24.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 12:09   #468
Senior - BHPian

I used many cellphone holders with the suction mount assembly. I was never satisfied with its mechanism. Recently I bought a magnetic cell phone holder. It is "Tech Sense Lab Magback Airvent Magnetic Mount".

I must say this is one of the best cell phone holder. The magnet is strong enough that it had no problem securing my phone in place over the pothole-riddled roads. However, you have to paste a small thin metal plate on the back of your phone.

Cellphone Holder-11111.jpg

Cellphone Holder-22222.jpg

Cellphone Holder-333333.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 16:11   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I am using the Zaap Quick Touch One Premium 360 Adjustable 3-in-1 Car Mount Holder For All Smartphones (3rd Generation, Black) in my CRETA since Aug 2016. Was used with Samsung Note 5 and now with the Note 8.
I would highly recommend the same.
Hi,
There are different sizes of this - medium and large. Are these good for phones bigger than 6 inch with case?
Thanks,
Roy
Old 19th March 2019, 19:39   #470
BHPian

After trying our a zillion different holders, this is the one I am most happy with. No shakes holds up very well on rough roads. The CD slot was never used, it finally has a purpose in life
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-img20190319wa0015.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-img20190319wa0017.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-img_20190319_191235346.jpg  

Starscream1188 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 06:55   #471
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for a Qi charger phone holder?

I prefer dash mount - no CD slot & don't like sacrificing vents

I like the iOttie but it is very expensive imported

I use a Samsung Note 9
Old 20th March 2019, 08:09   #472
BHPian

Had ordered these from Aliexpress :

Tendway Car Phone Holder Dashboard Mount Universal Cradle Cellphone Clip

Initially, it was suppose to be a dashboard mount, on top of the Speedometer console (as given in the website pics). However, due to the curvature of plastic and glass, it was coming off very easily.

Picking my jugaadu brain, I've placed it on the Sun-visor, and it's a perfect fit. I was apprehensive about visibility, but it's one of the most convenient position! A slight glance at the top of your head is enough to see the screen, and controlling audio from the phone is also highly convenient.

Another advantage is that, all co-passengers, front or rear can view the screen ( and this minimizes the questions about "aur kitni der?"/"theek jaa rahe ho?" :P
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 07:51   #473
BHPian

Came across this while browsing.

CQLEK® Mobile Phone Holder for Car Rear View Mirror - (New Generation Upgraded Car Model) Anti Shake Fall Prevention | Full Rotation | with Anti-Vibration Pads Stand | Universal Adjustable Car Mount Holder Supports Up to 6.5 inch Mobiles (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07PM4F28C/..._fLrWCbB1W9X8J

The idea seems better than the suction ones. I'll try and see how it goes.
devilicious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 08:50   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post

CQLEK® Mobile Phone Holder

The idea seems better than the suction ones. I'll try and see how it goes.
Not even a single negative feedback at Amazon. Please do share your observations post extended usage. Since this has an unconventional mount pattern, is there any viewing obstruction felt, specially for tight corners?
Old 25th April 2019, 09:14   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Not even a single negative feedback at Amazon. Please do share your observations post extended usage. Since this has an unconventional mount pattern, is there any viewing obstruction felt, specially for tight corners?
In my view, this creates hindrance for visibility. Probably, driver notices additional blind spot when he tries to takes left turn. My personal view only based on observation of the images. Have not experienced personally
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 22:14   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
In my view, this creates hindrance for visibility. ...
If usage really is as illustrated on Amazon, I'd say that this product is dangerous.
Old 17th May 2019, 00:11   #477
BHPian

Any good holder nowadays for larger (iphone XR with spigen case) mobiles? I've tried several ones but given up.. however my Honda City doesn't really have a good place to keep the mobile!
Old 17th May 2019, 14:20   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Any good holder nowadays for larger (iphone XR with spigen case) mobiles? I've tried several ones but given up.. however my Honda City doesn't really have a good place to keep the mobile!
This is true in all the cars.

For me, while driving, the best place to keep mobile is at home. If this is not feasible, it is in the wife's hand bag. Seriously, I never take calls while on drive. Whatever may be the urgency, it can wait as compared to life of passengers / people on road.

We can drive peacefully without disturbance and enjoy the drive 100% with the above arrangement
Old 17th May 2019, 14:39   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

My mobile holder is not for calls! It is for Google maps.

If I have to take a call when driving, I either stop, or maybe the Bluetooth is working (haha it sometimes does). The phone will be in my pocket.
Old 17th May 2019, 16:34   #480
Senior - BHPian

I'm using this alligator claw from Spigen, for my 'X'. My 'X' also has a Spigen case. Takes in any size and it's the best thing around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Any good holder nowadays for larger (iphone XR with spigen case) mobiles?
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks