Old 13th May 2008, 16:11   #61
BHPian

so whats the price like for the carbon sheet Davis
Old 13th May 2008, 16:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
so whats the price like for the carbon sheet Davis
Viper has posted the prices on page 3 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
It costs approx Rs 5000/-.

Pl look at the below sizes and rates which I got hold of.

S (7.87”x 9.45”) 955 INR
M(9.45”X 23.62”) 2800 INR
L(18.9”X 23.62”) 5000 INR
XL(18.9”X 47.24”) 10000INR
Old 27th May 2008, 11:16   #63
BANNED

Anwers for your Questions

First let me start with answering your question on Performance carbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Is there anyone on this forum who is (or who knows someone who is) artistically aligned in terms of car aesthetics? I really like my Zen Estilo, but I do recognize that when one is looking at it straight face-to-face, it looks terrible. I was wondering whether carbon fibre sheets could be used to get it a little dimension.
Carbon composites are very expensive to be manufactured and the fact that market demands carbon fiber for aethistic use, Hase pro Performance carbon was born. Performance carbon is real carbon fiber sheet chemically processed with a layer of 3M gum added at the back. The product's main aim is to make the car or any other thing more sporty at fractional price of regular carbon composites. Apart from these we get added benefits of strength, heat resistant factor, durability, resistance from sun,rain, scratches etc.. on any part performance carbon is used as they are embedded in carbon fiber.For example we see these processed marble or granite layers over a tile and sold in the market at reasonable prices, we get the best of the both world- looks good & affordable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
West can you post where in Hyd -- any shops we can get them and costs, how to fitt them and uses?
You can always visit our office in Jubilee hills for more knowledge on the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
whoa thats very expensive.Is this some sort of carbon fiber design sticker or the actual carbon fibre.Wonder how much will it take to put on the Bonet
As technical we get, the carbon composites in the car accessories market are just a layer of carbon fiber like we sell over a fiber glass frame. But they are projected as 100% real carbon fiber. To my knowledge I have been working in composite industry for some time now 99.999% of after market carbon fiber accessories are the same story, why ?? COST Vs DEMAND. The more expensive it is the more niche it gets.My view performance carbon is the best thing happened to this aethistic world. It cost half of what the other composites cost, saves time, better looks, and can be appiled on any surface with some limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
uh might sound dumb but whats the diff. between fake and real thing. i mean this wont make the car lighter by anyway right
Definetly it doesnt make things light, but the 3D dimension possed by any carbon composite is there in the product. So this is the best choice and more costeffective solution for people who want the carbon look with less money in hand to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I thought that carbon fiber had a better strength to weight ratio of even FRP (resin bonded fiberglass). the show factor was only incidental.

Can anyone confirm what the structural properties of these sheets are?
I will give some technical numbers here abt common composites used in the business. We take 3 fabrics for study - fiber glass(9 oz e glass), carbon fiber ( 5.6 oz, 3k ) and kevlar ( 5 oz). We laminate all materials with same epoxy resin over 10 lay laminate using same manufacturing process and get the results on 5 areas -elongation break%, tensile strenght, tensile modulus, flexural strenght and finally flexural modulus in line.

Fiber glass with epoxy - 1.98% - 45870 psi - 2520000 psi - 66667 psi - 3050000psi
carbon fiber with epoxy - 0.91% - 75640 psi - 8170000psi - 96541 psi - 6480000 psi
kevlar with epoxy - 1.31% - 45400 psi - 3770000 psi - 34524 psi - 2500000 psi

Peroformance carbon falls in second category but by 10, as we use one layer. It definetely increases the strenght of the part on which it is appiled but not good for structural base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
OOhhh that looks good. Its high time Apple came out with a CF IPOD too. dont you think.

Ok coming back to the topic. I have a CF sheet thingy but the glue on it is PATHETIC. Can someone tell me how i can remove the glue completely from the sheet?? That glue is soo bad, that it refuses to stick onto anything.
Performance carbon has 3M gum, very reliable sticking nature as 3M company is the best in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
They are almost certainly the strongest material available easily today especially if you consider the Strength to Weight ratio given the ultra-light weight of CF.

Regarding the properties of this sheet, I guess only the Manufacturer or distributor can give us some info on this.
I will give a little detail on carbon fiber strength. Carbon composite strength is generated more by the process of its manufacture rather than any thing else. The resin /fiber ratio in the part is the key.

I will give you a detailed review on the product like properties, uses, installation, where abouts if some moderator or admin asks me to do it. Other wise its comes into area of commerical which I am not interested.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:24   #64
BANNED

Couple of pictures from our demo car.
Attached Thumbnails
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-dsc00236.jpg  

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-dsc00280.jpg  

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-dsc00277.jpg  

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-dsc00276.jpg  

Old 21st July 2008, 12:31   #65

Hey, i like it. Could you please tell me where can I get this thing in Pune to use it on B pillar of my 2004 model Esteem Vxi ?
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis.K View Post
.....I will give you a detailed review on the product like properties, uses, installation, where abouts if some moderator or admin asks me to do it. Other wise its comes into area of commerical which I am not interested.

'm sure moderators would only be happy to oblige you.. but till they respond...
atleast can you tell us where is it available in Bangalore...
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:37   #67
BHPian

Pls. also report if there is a good installer in Delhi who is familiar with this material. I saw the instructional video, and I wouldn't want to risk trying and failing with something that's not inexpensive.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:57   #68

Today my dad and I went to Blue Ravens shop (EVO) and got the Safari's dash board covered with Carbon Fibre sheets.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:09   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duboy View Post
Today my dad and I went to Blue Ravens shop (EVO) and got the Safari's dash board covered with Carbon Fibre sheets.
Duboy how about you ask dad to post some pics of the work done .I am sure a few of us would like to see what the Safari's dash board looks like with the carbon fibre sheets.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:14   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Duboy how about you ask dad to post some pics of the work done .I am sure a few of us would like to see what the Safari's dash board looks like with the carbon fibre sheets.
rjstyle69 uncle my dad is trying to connect the camera to the PC and it is not working.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Riju

1. Work is still going on - it hasnt exactly been covered in carbon fibre yet.

2. My camera wont connect.

3. Duboy is on Blue Raven's PC (which is why the ICE guy is offline)

4. It is not the DASH, but the Centre Console, Gear lever surrounds and the doorpad inserts. I will have to speak to my Bank Manager before I can cover the DASHBOARD in this stuff.

Last edited by Steeroid : 24th July 2008 at 19:29.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:26   #72
Senior - BHPian

a bit OT, but steer, while you're at it, could you sneak some good pics of the new JBL GTO 8 series satya's managed to obtain
Old 24th July 2008, 19:58   #73

GreenHorn uncle my dad will try to get pictures of the new JBL GTO1214 and the GTO608C.
Old 24th July 2008, 21:02   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duboy View Post
Hey! Duboy, ask your dad to get some of these sheets to cover his new hot rod's 'dash board'!
Old 25th July 2008, 00:22   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis.K View Post

Carbon composites are very expensive to be manufactured and the fact that market demands carbon fiber for aethistic use, Hase pro Performance carbon was born. Performance carbon is real carbon fiber sheet chemically processed with a layer of 3M gum added at the back. The product's main aim is to make the car or any other thing more sporty at fractional price of regular carbon composites. Apart from these we get added benefits of strength, heat resistant factor, durability, resistance from sun,rain, scratches etc.. on any part performance carbon is used as they are embedded in carbon fiber.For example we see these processed marble or granite layers over a tile and sold in the market at reasonable prices, we get the best of the both world- looks good & affordable

You can always visit our office in Jubilee hills for more knowledge on the product.

As technical we get, the carbon composites in the car accessories market are just a layer of carbon fiber like we sell over a fiber glass frame. But they are projected as 100% real carbon fiber. To my knowledge I have been working in composite industry for some time now 99.999% of after market carbon fiber accessories are the same story, why ?? COST Vs DEMAND. The more expensive it is the more niche it gets.My view performance carbon is the best thing happened to this aethistic world. It cost half of what the other composites cost, saves time, better looks, and can be appiled on any surface with some limitations.

Definetly it doesnt make things light, but the 3D dimension possed by any carbon composite is there in the product. So this is the best choice and more costeffective solution for people who want the carbon look with less money in hand to spend.

I will give some technical numbers here abt common composites used in the business. We take 3 fabrics for study - fiber glass(9 oz e glass), carbon fiber ( 5.6 oz, 3k ) and kevlar ( 5 oz). We laminate all materials with same epoxy resin over 10 lay laminate using same manufacturing process and get the results on 5 areas -elongation break%, tensile strenght, tensile modulus, flexural strenght and finally flexural modulus in line.

Fiber glass with epoxy - 1.98% - 45870 psi - 2520000 psi - 66667 psi - 3050000psi
carbon fiber with epoxy - 0.91% - 75640 psi - 8170000psi - 96541 psi - 6480000 psi
kevlar with epoxy - 1.31% - 45400 psi - 3770000 psi - 34524 psi - 2500000 psi

Peroformance carbon falls in second category but by 10, as we use one layer. It definetely increases the strenght of the part on which it is appiled but not good for structural base.

Performance carbon has 3M gum, very reliable sticking nature as 3M company is the best in business.

I will give a little detail on carbon fiber strength. Carbon composite strength is generated more by the process of its manufacture rather than any thing else. The resin /fiber ratio in the part is the key.

I will give you a detailed review on the product like properties, uses, installation, where abouts if some moderator or admin asks me to do it. Other wise its comes into area of commerical which I am not interested.
Davis K.,

What is all this talk about strength, tensile strength, modulus, etc.?

You are selling fancy stickers . That is all they are. Just decorative pieces. Some people like the look, which is fine, because everyone has individual tastes.

But all this discussion about the strength, resin/fiber ratio, etc., just is totally irrelevant at best, or maybe even misleading.

I totally disagree with your claims about "benefits" such as increased strength, heat resistance, sun resistance, etc. etc. You are just confusing the whole issue. Carbon fiber was developed as an ultralight and very strong alternative for steel and other metals in the fabrication of structural elements of high performance vehicles. Please do mix up the benefits of real carbon fiber structures with the decorative stickers that you are marketing.

The stickers just add weight, a layer of glue, and potential fit up problems to a vehicle. There is no functional or performance benefit whatsoever. It is purely cosmetic. When these stickers do eventually fall off, they will leave behind glue residues, and possibly damage to the original finish.

Now if you can make real carbon fiber body parts such as bonnets, doors, trunk lids, etc., that would be an appropriate topic to discuss the performance characteristics of your carbon fiber. And I would be very interested in sourcing some parts from you.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks