Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 10:43   #76

Here are some pictures from yesterday. Greenhorn uncle we could not take your pictures as the work got over only after 2 am. Blue Raven uncle had to do a lot of work.Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-san_1015-medium.jpg

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-san_1019-medium.jpg

Name:  SAN_1020 Medium.jpg
Views: 3633
Size:  64.9 KB

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-san_1021-medium.jpg
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-san_1010-medium.jpg

Last edited by Duboy : 25th July 2008 at 10:52.
Old 26th July 2008, 12:42   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Davis K.,

What is all this talk about strength, tensile strength, modulus, etc.?

You are selling fancy stickers . That is all they are. Just decorative pieces. Some people like the look, which is fine, because everyone has individual tastes.

But all this discussion about the strength, resin/fiber ratio, etc., just is totally irrelevant at best, or maybe even misleading.

I totally disagree with your claims about "benefits" such as increased strength, heat resistance, sun resistance, etc. etc. You are just confusing the whole issue. Carbon fiber was developed as an ultralight and very strong alternative for steel and other metals in the fabrication of structural elements of high performance vehicles. Please do mix up the benefits of real carbon fiber structures with the decorative stickers that you are marketing.

The stickers just add weight, a layer of glue, and potential fit up problems to a vehicle. There is no functional or performance benefit whatsoever. It is purely cosmetic. When these stickers do eventually fall off, they will leave behind glue residues, and possibly damage to the original finish.

Now if you can make real carbon fiber body parts such as bonnets, doors, trunk lids, etc., that would be an appropriate topic to discuss the performance characteristics of your carbon fiber. And I would be very interested in sourcing some parts from you.

Regards,
Happy to assist you in this sir. We are in a brand new world, more advanced . Try our product, its not sticker sir, its real carbon fiber sheet with adhesive backing. We are manufacturers of advanced composites and this product which you are saying "sticker"is a layer of carbon fiber sheet tested for what I claim, please visit Senko Advanced Components, ????????? ::: Hasepro Corporation. I am not joking, the manufacturer has been a big success in japanese market and american markets and has used this stuff in WRC,
HASE PRO HAS A CAR IN WRC..

If you want to know if this is real carbon fiber, try to burn a piece and see for your self. I will be available on 0 9966660001 for your call on this. Say the world with your own mouth about your findings.
Old 26th July 2008, 18:50   #78
Senior - BHPian

Davis . i believe what he meant was , rather than parts with carbon fibre coated stickers on them, he prefers the the 100% real thing , as the point of carbon fibre ( i.e. lightness) is lost when it is stuck additionally onto the existing trim
Old 26th July 2008, 19:11   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Davis . i believe what he meant was , rather than parts with carbon fibre coated stickers on them, he prefers the the 100% real thing , as the point of carbon fibre ( i.e. lightness) is lost when it is stuck additionally onto the existing trim
Greenhorn,
Yes, you are correct in your interpretation.

Off course the other problem I have is when benefits of real carbon fiber structures are mentioned or mixed with the marketing of carbon fiber stickers. I just feel that it is a bit disingenuous to talk up all the advantages of carbon fiber (when it used in structural parts), and then say the stickers are "real", thereby making the link between the performance of CF structures and cute CF stickers.

Like the way Davis mentions WRC. I can tell you that WRC rally cars do NOT use carbon fiber stickers.

Japanese and American markets have a large demand for real carbon fiber body panels including bonnets, doors, trunk lids, etc. There are a lot of WRXs & EVOs in the U.S. with these parts. In fact it is very common. The CF stickers are popular with kids with low cost rice rockets.
Old 26th July 2008, 19:51   #80
Senior - BHPian

RedMM340, While I agree with you, there are people who prefer visual mods over performance mods. And as long as there is demand.....
Old 26th July 2008, 20:09   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
RedMM340, While I agree with you, there are people who prefer visual mods over performance mods. And as long as there is demand.....
No issue over here with visual mods. That is fine.

The problem I have is when people peddling visual mods make consumers think that they are getting a performance mod.

Demand should not be created by spreading misinformation.
Old 26th July 2008, 21:31   #82
BANNED

I made all the points in my previous statements. If you guys need a sample please do let me know.I have based all my words on evidences recorded.
Old 26th July 2008, 21:44   #83
BANNED

Please visit ????????? ::: Hasepro Corporation for more information.
Attached Thumbnails
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-950801.jpg  

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-blog_1160832001.jpg  

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-blog_1160832892.jpg  

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-blog_1161775994.jpg  

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-evoapr03.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 28th July 2008, 01:52   #84
BHPian

Can you please explain in detail, how to differentiate a Rel carbon fibre sheet from fake one(As I have both!!!)
Old 16th October 2008, 00:26   #85
Senior - BHPian

that site is in japanese!
Old 16th October 2008, 11:50   #86
BHPian

Yes, manufactured in japan. Check their Indian distributors site
Medasani Private Limited - 2008 All copy rights reserved
Old 16th October 2008, 14:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

The site is incomplete. atleast i got the contact info.

MOD: can we merge the two threads.
Old 9th June 2009, 16:48   #88
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the silly question but -

What is the difference between carbon fibre sheet and carbon fibre cloth? I saw a few items on ebay and the terminology confused me.

Awaiting enlightenment
Old 9th June 2009, 22:49   #89
BHPian

i think there is no difference between carbon fibre sheet and cloth,when u get the roll of carbon fibre its cloth like.you can spread it on the mould and apply the requisite resin.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:12   #90
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
i think there is no difference between carbon fibre sheet and cloth,when u get the roll of carbon fibre its cloth like.you can spread it on the mould and apply the requisite resin.
Thanks Mustang!

Anyone has done an installation on their dashes and trims in Bangalore? Appreciate if someone can give some pointers to a guy or guys who can do this. Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks