Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 08:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Do lookout for non MGAs if you are looking for internally adjustable. The MGA price is twice that of some unknown brand that I had bought 5 years back for my alto. Note that they are still working fine whereas I have seen a original Alto VXi mirror not working just after a year!
You are damn lucky and the other alto guy had his worst days,lol.MGA definetly comes at a premium but it has quality too.
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 09:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
You are damn lucky and the other alto guy had his worst days,lol.MGA definetly comes at a premium but it has quality too.
ram
However, If you do a cost versus benefit analysis, MGA loses out. I got the ORVM mirror (just the mirror) for Rs 220 at a local accessories shop. Same (okk.. supposedly better quality) mirror from MGA would have costed Rs 1,500 . Not that you will get the mirror if you go to a Maruti A.S.S. M.A.S.S simply said its not available and you need to get the whole assembly which costs Rs 5000 !!

Who is worried about quality, when for the same budget, I can buy 5 non-MGA "poor" quality mirrors and keep changing them if the mirrors fogs over or whatever !!
Old 30th March 2008, 09:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

The simple mirror without internal adjustment is costing you 220 for mga.The mirror with internal adjustment is costing you 1250 for MGA.I am sure you wont get the mirror with internal adjustment at 220 in the non MGA category.
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 09:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The simple mirror without internal adjustment is costing you 220 for mga.The mirror with internal adjustment is costing you 1250 for MGA. I am sure you wont get the mirror with internal adjustment at 220 in the non MGA category.
ram
Internal adjustment?? I am just talking about the mirror, not the whole assembly with the motor and stuff. Anyway, we are deviating from the topic of this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...vm-baleno.html
Old 30th March 2008, 10:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

SPADIVAL we are discussing on the electrically adjustable ORVM for the alto here isn't it and i am talking about the same buddie.
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 10:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SPADIVAL we are discussing on the electrically adjustable ORVM for the alto here isn't it and i am talking about the same buddie.
ram
Yepp.. And my advice is to go for NON MGA after market OVRM's if you can find one for Alto.
Old 30th March 2008, 11:19   #22
BHPian

anyone know of any such place in mumbai.. where i could get a non-MGA RVM for my Alto?
Old 30th March 2008, 23:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
ram
True for most of the spares but for some spares like internally adjustable mirrors I would always prefer non-MGA as the price of MGA is equal to or more than twice of non-MGA.
ddd08, if you are looking for manual internally adjustable they should be available in any auto accessory shop as Alto is too common now-a-days.
Old 31st March 2008, 07:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

@m4ugr8 - Any idea whose car that is? Maybe PM'ing the owner will help.
Old 31st March 2008, 17:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

I've purchased internal adjustable ORVM for my new ALTO from MGA.
Left mirror cost:1850/- and the Right is 1750/- yes...100 buck more than right one.

Wagon R come with electronic adjustable mirrors.but the mirror is not fixed at the regular place (A pillar),but it is fixed on the Door (at the foot of the glass beading)(hole should be drilled and fixed with screw's and is covered with a neat cap.) the switch can be palced near the lamp levelling switch inside the dash board.

Note: you have to use the same mirrors that comes for Wagon R,hope it looks very huge for the ALTO.
Old 31st March 2008, 17:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Either bangalore is expensive or you have been duped, The RHS one is for Rs. 11xx & LHS one is for Rs.13xx in Pune M.A.S.S
Old 31st March 2008, 18:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ramsagar,

> I've purchased internal adjustable ORVM for my new ALTO from MGA.
> Left mirror cost:1850/- and the Right is 1750/- yes...100 buck more than
> right one.

In post no. 18, Ram has mentioned the cost of the mirror. Recheck with your dealer and get refund.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

You also need to buy the internal part which hosts the adjustment lever & that costs some 100 odd Rupees
Old 31st March 2008, 19:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

I think the original thread author wanted the feasibility of getting "aftermarket electronically adjustable ORVMs" for his Alto. That question remains unanswered (partly I am to blame for hijacking this thread ).

I would have thought the one from Wagon R will be a good fit. But Ramsagar says its fitted on the door instead of the A pillar. I guess Esteem comes with E OVRM? Maybe worth a try to see if that fits?
Old 31st March 2008, 19:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram, can you pls confirm me when did you purchase the mirrors.
I've purchased them 6 months back in HYD,that i found the left one with lot of difficulty...but getting the other side is easy..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks