Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 14:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakn1985 View Post
Hey guys, which filter do you feel is the best for Civic ???
Nothing better than the k&N Typhoon kit for the civic. Me and My Friend have the kit on our cars and there is a very noticeable difference in how both the cars perform. Highly recommended for all civic users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I am planning to switch to Green Cotton Wind air filter. Pete's site says the price is 3800 for the filter and 1750 for the dynamization kit. I guess its cheaper compared to the price that redfire had once mentioned (7350 IIRC).

Do you guys think I should order it online or will I get it cheaper in the shops in Chennai ? Any recommended shops for the same ?
The Price is good, Its the same price I picked up my filter from their dealer in Delhi Autopsyche.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I am planning to switch to Green Cotton Wind air filter. Pete's site says the price is 3800 for the filter and 1750 for the dynamization kit. I guess its cheaper compared to the price that redfire had once mentioned (7350 IIRC).

Do you guys think I should order it online or will I get it cheaper in the shops in Chennai ? Any recommended shops for the same ?
My suggestion would be to go for a Green Cotton Storm which is a CAI. I too intend using it on my Fiesta 1.6. I plan ordering online from Pete's

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 17th April 2009, 11:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
My suggestion would be to go for a Green Cotton Storm which is a CAI. I too intend using it on my Fiesta 1.6. I plan ordering online from Pete's

Regards

Jaskirat
Jaskirat,
From what I have read on the forum, Wind is for cars with less than 100 bhp and Storm is for ones greater than 100 bhp.

Planning to order it in a couple of days and get it installed as soon as the 2nd service is over
Old 17th April 2009, 12:32   #49
BHPian

Fountainheader is right Green Cotton Wind is for cars which are 100bhp or lesser and Strom is for cars whose bhp is higher than 100.

I installed GC Wind in my swift vxi and there is noticeable difference. The price of the new of the GC wind (new stock feb09 onwards) is higher than what is currently shown in pete’s web site but I got the new stock for the old price from the dealer .
Old 17th April 2009, 13:12   #50
BHPian

Guys i've a diesel swift, please recommend some good air filter, i've zeroed on GC wind. do you notice any difference while driving? i do not need a stock replacement filter.

Please guide
Old 17th April 2009, 16:04   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
Fountainheader is right Green Cotton Wind is for cars which are 100bhp or lesser and Strom is for cars whose bhp is higher than 100.

I installed GC Wind in my swift vxi and there is noticeable difference. The price of the new of the GC wind (new stock feb09 onwards) is higher than what is currently shown in pete’s web site but I got the new stock for the old price from the dealer .
Thanks for the update guys. I was under the impression that GC Wind was without heat resistant polymer.

I guess the confusion stemmed from the fact that I could not find the GC Wind on the Green Cotton website (cars filters, car induction kit, k&n green & pipercross filter, air filter - Waxacar Green Performance Air Filters).

Cheers

Jaskirat
Old 17th April 2009, 23:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Review on Green storm

Quote:
PADDY77@Guys i've a diesel swift, please recommend some good air filter, i've zeroed on GC wind. do you notice any difference while driving? i do not need a stock replacement filter.

I have been using the green storm filter since last 15 days on my Fabia TDI. I installed this with a custom 3 inch intake system. I also have a remap by custom code along with a decat. Earlier I was using replacement panel filter by K&N. My first few days with it, there was vast improvement in the pick up may be about 10-15% along with the decat and helped a lot on turbo lag. Virtually zero turbo lag. Who so ever drove the car said it din't feel like a turbo diesel but much like the petrol car. Uptil the 1000 kms i drove I got the same performance. She got much quicker acceleration. But I noticed a slight drop as the filter started clogging. Have driven about 2000 kms now with it. And there is a slight drop in the pick up and started to feel the turbo lag again. All this means is the filter is doing a good job of what it's suppose to do, filtration. Compared to the replacement I had which made marginal difference on the pick. The K&N would get clogged too but felt the pick up constant (no drop due to clogging) upto 3000 kms and use to clean it every 4000kms. Incase of storm I suppose since being a cone design and having better filtration property it is prone to get clogged faster. I guess for optimum result it would require cleaning once in every 2500-3000 kms. I have a lot of highway drive but I guess in city it would clogged lesser. In short when I had put the storm, it improved the low end and top end both. I suppose even the customised intake and decat plays the role here benefiting zero turbo lag. Also noticed that the smoke had reduced quite a lot compared to the stock replacement filter by K&N. K&N too made a difference in smoke as against the stock paper filter. But storm has improved it way better once again I suppose its also due to in conjunction to bigger intake pipe all the way till the turbo.
A must have filter with the advantage of dynamisation kit to aid the cold air most importantly.

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th April 2009 at 23:46.
Old 18th April 2009, 01:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The price of the new of the GC wind (new stock feb09 onwards) is higher than what is currently shown in pete’s web site .
So whats the price of new stock filters.Could you please share?
Is the Wind Fitting and Dynamisation kit also cost more?
Old 20th April 2009, 11:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
So whats the price of new stock filters.Could you please share?
Is the Wind Fitting and Dynamisation kit also cost more?

I just don’t remember the exact price as I don’t have the covers it came in
I think the GC Wind is about 4,150 now earlier it was 3800
The Dynamisation kit is about 2,050 now earlier it was 1750 earlier
Old 21st April 2009, 03:23   #55
BHPian

Quote:
So then the Sx4 would need......? Its a 102bhp, so thats not much higher than 100bhp. I'm guessing Wind would be the best bet right?
Old 21st April 2009, 06:48   #56
BHPian

The K&N performance air filter was the first performance product for my engine. Once I changed it driving was a completely different experience.
Even though the performance doesn't increase much the sound in the car gives you an impression of substantially more power. I suggest everyone to go for it. HOWEVER you will rev your car more/harder so try and keep it down.
I'm thinking next should be spark plugs and headers. But money
Old 21st April 2009, 19:31   #57
BHPian

Need little help here too. Could you please suggest one for my Palio GTX? I already have a FFE done by Viper and I read that a good filter compliments the FFE. Should I go for K&N or CAI? I'm in Pune and anyone in Pune who does a good job? Or is it better to take my car to Mumbai to get it done by experts? I could stretch my budget of 8-8.5K for the installation.

Will there be space for installation under the hood of GTX?
Old 21st April 2009, 21:53   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
Need little help here too. Could you please suggest one for my Palio GTX? I already have a FFE done by Viper and I read that a good filter compliments the FFE. Should I go for K&N or CAI? I'm in Pune and anyone in Pune who does a good job? Or is it better to take my car to Mumbai to get it done by experts? I could stretch my budget of 8-8.5K for the installation.

Will there be space for installation under the hood of GTX?
As you would know CAI i.e., Cold Air Intake systems are available from several suppliers including K&N, which makes Typhoon, Apollo etc., but my vote is for Green Cotton Storm. (Incidently this thread started as a comparative between K&N and Green).

I think you might have to stretch your budget a bit for a CAI.

Palio 1.6 GTX has plenty of space to squeeze in a CAI.

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:24   #59
BHPian

Hi Jaskirat, thanks for the suggestion. could you tell me by how much should I stretch my budget? I thought 8.5K would be more than sufficient :-(

And how much will me mileage drop to? may be to 7-8 kmpl(i'm getting 9-9.5 kmpl now with an FFE)
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:37   #60
BHPian

Hello BHPians

I am planning to upgrade my stock Filter to K&N or green cotton on my Baleno .
Will some body be able to throw some light on this as to which model is best suited for baleno , ie model k&n or green cotton . I have free flow exhausts on the car which was done by FRK Racing BANGALORE ( Fazal ) . any information on this is much appreciated .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks