Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 19:31   #46
BHPian

Hey Ricky what happened to the project! I read athe whole thread and was keen to see where it led.

Do share update? Pics?
Old 4th March 2010, 19:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Well, the car after the scrub "revealed" too much, to be of any further interest to me. So it has been decided to let it sit for now. I think the whole restoration will cost around 5 - 6L - which I really do not think is worth it.

Unless I find another donor car from which to salvage things. I recently saw the so called "restorations" people are carrying out, it put me off completely. The only thing they really do is a decent looking paintjob. Everything else or most else is "jugaad" Here I was thinking of putting ALL OE stuff into the car, the numbers do not seem to work out.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:01   #48
BHPian

Thats Sad! Maybe you should make a list of things you need to get it back in shape and share with this forum. You never know the strength of collective wisdom!
Old 7th March 2010, 11:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdar View Post
Thats Sad! Maybe you should make a list of things you need to get it back in shape and share with this forum. You never know the strength of collective wisdom!

The entire body has rusting, in certain areas pretty serious ...

The entire interior would need to be redone, even the foam in the seats is totally gone. Steering wheel chewed on, center piece missing, gear shift #$#$%^

Dashboard may be replaced, instruments though present may need looking at. Entire electricals will need to be redone. All lights need replacement, as does the radiator grille.

The entire suspension including struts, brakes & all else to go with it. The list is endless.

We have yet to see the engine starts or not. Most likely an engine re-build.

The one thing that can be salvaged are the alloys

The gentleman who went to see the car with me -, gave me a number of around 5L +

IMHO - not worth it, when one gets running cars for less than 3L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks