Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 01:35   #106
BHPian

Price of Nightbreaker ?

Hello,
Can you please inform the price of the Nightbreaker ? The pic is not clear and cannot be zoomed in.
Best regards,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I went and bought the Nightbreaker form the Karol Bagh dealer today. First thing I noticed was that it came in single packs and not pairs as mentioned by someone in this forum (maybe in this thread). I am posting a photo of the package.

For the limited time I had used it this evening, my initial impression is that I tend to agree with the review quoted in the first post, except for light spread, which I believe is more dependent on reflector and orientation. I am waiting to see how it performs on the highway, with a little bit of rain thrown in.

Right now I am struggling with light spread which will become topic for a new thread if I can't find ready answer.
Old 30th March 2009, 07:28   #107
Senior - BHPian

FWIW, even the Silverstar comes in a single pack. used it for 2.5k km now. Its a decent bulb for those who are stuck with stock. Else the Mico +30% at 90 bucks is a good bulb if you can find it.
Old 30th March 2009, 23:49   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Hello,
Can you please inform the price of the Nightbreaker ? The pic is not clear and cannot be zoomed in.
Best regards,
Adit.
At that time I paid Rs.1100 for a pair.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:25   #109
BHPian

Thanks Guite. So should the price have increased or decreased ? I got a quote of 1500/- for a pair and thought it is too steep. If correct I wish to buy tomorrow itself.
Best regards,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
At that time I paid Rs.1100 for a pair.

Last edited by mac_guy555 : 31st March 2009 at 00:28.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:53   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Thanks Guite. So should the price have increased or decreased ? I got a quote of 1500/- for a pair and thought it is too steep. If correct I wish to buy tomorrow itself.
Best regards,
Adit.
mac you can source night breaker from ebay uk at around 950 including shipping and be sure of the quality. look for a reputed seller. i prefer "powerbulbs". see if they have it in the size you are looking for.
Old 22nd April 2009, 08:19   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
mac you can source night breaker from ebay uk at around 950 including shipping and be sure of the quality. look for a reputed seller. i prefer "powerbulbs". see if they have it in the size you are looking for.
Here in Delhi I had been quoted around 1000 for night breaker and 350 for Silverstar + 50. I am planning to change it for both of my cars Baleno and Indica, does it makes sense to spend thrice the amount on night breaker? Are results really that good for night breaker. I do not do much of highway journey and my daily commute is between west delhi and noida only.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:07   #112
BHPian

@ sang : i have not seen silverstar so cant comment upon their illumination. 350 for silverstar is worth taking the dip. its +50 and should be enough for city driving. i would suggest try silverstar for one car first. if satisfied then you buy another set else give night breaker a try.

i have been using night breaker and can say they are value for money. there is alot of difference over the stock.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:45   #113
BHPian

Hi guys, sorry a bit OT. But am getting 90/130w bulbs, and will obviously need ceramic bulb holders for them. Where can I pick them up from? Thanks!
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:26   #114
Senior - BHPian

you can buy a ROOTS relay kit which comes with Ceramic holders and is very good quality kit for around 600 Rs.

OR do you need only ceramic holders ?
Old 4th May 2009, 11:47   #115
BHPian

Yesterday I bought couple of Silverstar + 50% from Swastik something from Desh Bandhu road karol bagh at 160/- per piece. They are in normal carboard box nothing fancy about them, I am yet to see the difference as I have not driven at night after changing the bulbs. One thing that caught my eye is that the date of packing on the package is mentioned as Oct 2005 which I think is too old that is why I only bought one pair from them. They had the big carton kind of thing in which they were having silverstar only, I hope they turn out to be genuine as the guy was saying that they are Osram distributor.
Old 4th May 2009, 14:30   #116
BHPian

Iam currently using Philips Essential Vision in my Santro for last few months,
Can someone tell me what should be the cost of this or similar one.

I need to replace one of bulb but the dealer i purchased from seems to be charging more, He charged me Rs.390 each.
there's no mention of price on pack if i remember correctly.

Bulk Purchase: Osram Headlamps Delhi.-philips.jpg
Old 18th January 2010, 14:32   #117
Team-BHP Support

Guys, this is an old thread. Bulk purchase threads are no longer allowed on Team-bhp. Hence closing this thread. For other queries on headlamps etc, please post in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

Thank You
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks