Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 15:42   #16
BANNED

Hi,

There are remaps available for almost all Crdi diesel cars(turbo & non Turbo). Some offered by Pete's some by DTM and some by Tuned I- chips another brand also in India now.

See the site for the cars that they remap both petrol and diesel.

Tuned i-Chips Products

I have seen the remap done in a Skoda and it works beautifully. Costs almost the same as the rest and claims approx 25-30 bhp more.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 6th August 2008 at 15:44.
Old 6th August 2008, 15:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
I know peter is not doing remaps for elantra crdi engines, but would like to know if any one does it.
of course there are. seach for hyundai elantra crdi remap in google and see for yourself.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:38   #18
BHPian

Viper: Thanks for the info. I have sent them a mail.

akshay1234 : googled for it long back but was interested in who in india, bangalore does it for me.
Old 7th August 2008, 19:40   #19
BHPian

hi
we remapped 2skoda rs and 1tdi on the dyno the rs were around 104bhp before and after the remap we go 140bhp on wheels the car was done by mr zaki from tuned i chip
Old 8th August 2008, 15:13   #20
BHPian

Has anyone done a remap or put a tuning box to the Skoda Superb diesel? Where can I get it done in Delhi?
Old 8th August 2008, 15:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimaniac View Post
Has anyone done a remap or put a tuning box to the Skoda Superb diesel? Where can I get it done in Delhi?

You can get in touch with Autopsyche by PM. He is the authorized dealer for Pete's box & remap in Delhi / Gurgaon.

My Octavia was remapped there.

Cheers
Old 8th August 2008, 20:59   #22
BHPian

@ Ricky_63: Thanks for that! I already spoke to arush!
Old 11th August 2008, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post

Having completed 4800 kms in 45 days thought it was time to get my car on steriods. So decided on getting it done last week. Spoke to Peter about it. And finally choose to get it done last saturday but could't make it due some reasons. Finally, today evening called up at Four Seasons and decided to go ahead with it. Reached there by 5.30 and immediately got things started. They din't have the file that was compatable with my ECU so had to wait for 45 mins or so and finally got the file. And it was swapped immediately.
Now, the intial drive we took was about normal. Now comes the fun part.
Once we got the open streach we went ahead and floored the pedal and in no time the car was doing 100-110kms. It feels like a complete new car. the torque is really addictive and the car now moves strongly. I feel better then the verna diesel. Haven't really got the chance to time it. It feels much much smoother to drive now and the power stays there all the way till 5000rpm where i touched little above 80 in 2nd gear. On my way back got an open streach and floored the pedal and in no time the car was doing 140. All this without replacing the stock filter with green fitler, which am expecting in couple of days and am sure it would make it all the more smoother. So far no issues but feel it is going to have a toll on my fuel efficiency. So far was getting 14-15km/l in city driving. Let's whats the best I would be getting now.
Leaving for nasik in the morning for a trip. And am sure it gonna be a trip where I would really get to use to potential of it. Mine being the 1st remapped FABIA couldn't get much feedback. But, after having talks with Peter no of times was sure that its gonna be worth it. And am gonna get to test the true worth of it tommorow.
Will post detail review on this soon. Watch out.
Would like to thank Peter at Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited for all his support and patience to answer all my queries and to four seasons.
Cheers !
You need to get your car scanned once at a dealership. There will be certain error which just need to be deleted, one of them will be "sporadic communication with the ECU". This is because around 400 Kb of data is rewritten when the car is remapped. Once the errors are clear, the fabia will perform a little bit better in 1st and 2nd gear.

Also, tell the dealership that you want them to regenerate the "readiness code" for your fabia. This will increase the fuel economy of the fabia. If you are getting 15-16 kmpl in the city, this should be dumped up a little. Another noticeable difference after re-generation of readiness code will be a quieter engine and less smoke from the exhaust.

This should help you with your mileage as well as improve performace.

Hope this helps
Old 12th August 2008, 00:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Akshat for the vital info. Can you throw some more light on this. Can you clearly tell me what i need to tell the guys at service place to get it rectified. Would appreciate if you can explain that.

Thanks.
Old 12th August 2008, 12:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Thanks Akshat for the vital info. Can you throw some more light on this. Can you clearly tell me what i need to tell the guys at service place to get it rectified. Would appreciate if you can explain that.

Thanks.
Sure.. Tell the ppl at the workshop that you want to get the car "autoscanned using the VAS"... This should bring out all the errors in the ECM which crop up after the remap. Since the ECM controls the Convenience Control Unit, there will be a 'Sporadic Communication" error in both of the above. The third error will be ABS.

Don't worry, the above are error due to the ECM Re-write... Tell them to just erase all errors from DTM Memory. This will clear out all errors. NOTE: If they tell you that there are errors and they need to check them out, TELL THEN NO. They are just trying to charge you for something that is not wrong. Just tell them to clear all errors through VAS.

The second thing you need to tell them is tha you want them to regenerate the car's readiness code through VAS. This is a simple procedure and should take around 20 mins.

The dealer might ask you to pay Labor+VAS Usage charge.. but that shouldnt be more than like 600.

If want any more info or help, PM me for my number...

Have fun with the Fabia...
Old 26th February 2009, 01:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Help wanted from Gurus with Laura mods

I have a 2 year old Laura L & K.

I wanted to do something to improve its power & FE. I am not for FFEs or Ram Air Filters.

My searches led me to re-mapping and Pete's tuning box. I am not a drag racer and 0-100 times are not that important. But I would like a little more lower end and mid-range grunt for use on the highways and in-city. At the same time I am not willing to forgo FE and an increase in FE would be welcome.

My questions are:

(1) Is it required?

(2) Should I put in a box or get the engine re-mapped?

(3) Can the re-mapping (if that is the recommended course of action) be undone?

(4) Will it effect the reliability and longevity of the car?

(5) How much will it cost?

Besides the engine, I also wanted to know if bi-xenons are available for the Laura. (The stock headlamps have xenons only for the low beam, the hi-beam being traditional lamps).

I also want to know which are good pencil beam auxillary lights, (for really long range lighting) to fit onto the Laura. Of course, if I got bi-xenons, there might be no need for these.

I have already identified the bootlip spoiler (RSC), not the 'RS for Octavia-II' that Autopsyche has fitted, but a smaller one that is like a foil extending out from the top of the boot lid. The local dealer has promsied to source it for me. (I hope he delivers!)

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers,
Old 26th February 2009, 11:45   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
(1) Is it required?

(2) Should I put in a box or get the engine re-mapped?
The Pete's box can do wonders to a diesel car; increased performance is felt from the low to high rpm range. I'd choose the box over a remap, especially for premium cars, since its simpler, plug & play and can be removed within minutes (useful for when the car is going in for a service etc.). Plus, you could always sell it at a later stage. Germans have complex electronics to start with; I'd never want to mess with them.

Quote:
(4) Will it effect the reliability and longevity of the car?
Related discussion.

Quote:
(5) How much will it cost?
IIRC, his boxes sell for anywhere between 18K - 30K, dependant on car.

Quote:
Besides the engine, I also wanted to know if bi-xenons are available for the Laura. (The stock headlamps have xenons only for the low beam, the hi-beam being traditional lamps).
Word of advice : Don't mess with the Lauras electronics.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO

Thanks a tonne GTO, you summed it up rather well. All the old threads kinda confused me with their diverse viewpoints and sometimes contradictory advice.

I think I will take your advice and go in for a tuning box and leave the rest of the car alone.

Cheers and thanks again,
Old 26th February 2009, 12:37   #29
BHPian

I am planning to use a Petes tuning box on my Octavia. I have picked one up from a fellow TBHPian. Expecting to recieve it on Sunday night and hoping to install it on Monday. From the instructions, it is extremely simple to install and you can do it yourself. Will update next week on the improvements and hoping the power at the lower RPMs increase and reduce the initial turbo lag.

Keeping my fingures crossed to get VFM out of the installation.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I am planning to use a Petes tuning box on my Octavia. I have picked one up from a fellow TBHPian. Expecting to recieve it on Sunday night and hoping to install it on Monday. From the instructions, it is extremely simple to install and you can do it yourself. Will update next week on the improvements and hoping the power at the lower RPMs increase and reduce the initial turbo lag.

Keeping my fingures crossed to get VFM out of the installation.
How about the filter ? Do make sure you change you filter as well or you wouldn't be surprised it would be smoking like a truck which is nothing but unburnt fuel and to burn that efficiently you would need to replace your filter, better off with green replacement as they kinda less oily compared to the K&N and your MAF sensor will be safe with it.

All the best.
Enjoy your complete new ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks