Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 00:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Hey man , doubt their website would help , 9821221791 - Anant from N1's no - he's a nice helpful guy try him out , feel free to tell him where you got his number from.
But , your from delhi - autopsyche can't help you??
Arush can ofcourse help but i am able to manage now and sont plan any extensive performance mods for the Ikon so its ok.
Old 29th July 2008, 00:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I would suggest sourcing performance brake pads from EBC.
I'm uploading an excel file for your convenience.
Nitrous,
Thanks for the excel file, could you now tell me which EBC part number works for the Palio 1.6 as it is not listed
Old 13th August 2008, 15:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I have always felt palio brakes needs little warm up before they work perfectly ..... In both track days i have seen this, in the second track day i felt brake are not working perfectly and after a lap it was just as good as new ...... i could lock the front two tyres with little force other wise i have press them with more force to lock the wheels, tyres are 195 section ....

one of the reason palio brakes are not good in emegency braking situation ..... if you find anything please update the thread
I do agree with Rahulkool.....Palio brakeset seems to warmup before performing .

It happens most of the time when I take the vehicle for ride in the morning and after 1Km it improves a lot!
Old 13th August 2008, 17:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

Red MM 540,

You are on the right track with the upgrade. I'd suggest you stick with Fiat Adventure brakes up front since they from the same product family and you can adopt the upgrade much easily.

Fiat Palio

Brakes Front 240mm ventilated discs
Brakes Rear 185mm drums

Fiat Adventure:

Brakes Front 257mm ventilated discs
Brakes Rear 185mm drums

What is the cost of the brake booster? I am not sure but I think you will need to upgrade the booster as well.

Something more to add to this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...onversion.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lio-1-6-a.html

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th August 2008 at 17:16.
Old 14th August 2008, 00:08   #20
BHPian

I just got some work done at the local dealer, and the brakes have improved significantly.

Installed new brake pads, and new caliper pins. The old pins were jammed. The new brake pads are OEM, and work much better. Spent Rs. 1,560 for pads, 995 for 4 caliper pins, 311 for spray cleaner, 350 labor. Total of 3,616 including VAT. Considering the big improvement in braking and the safety, money well spent until the next brake upgrade.

Moralfibre,

Are confirming that the Adventure front discs will mount up to the palio hub? If you actually done this fit up, please let me know. I need to be 100% sure, because I will have to pre pay about 25k for the discs, pads, rotors, dust shields. Otherwise the dealer will not order them from the factory. Needless to say, it would be a big (and expensive) disappointment if for some reason the Adventure brakes do not fit up.

I plan to leave the rear drums, and booster alone, since the front brakes do 80% of the braking. And I want to keep the upgrade simple, and minimum cost for max improvement.

Thanks,
Old 29th August 2008, 11:47   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Gaurav,

I got the brakes of my S10 attended to yesterday. Got the following replaced

Front Brake Disk (both sides): ~2200/-
Brake Pads: ~1100/-
Rear wheel cylinders: ~700/-
Labour: ~750/-

The brakes feel solid now -- but still feel the need for ABS :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
... Are confirming that the Adventure front discs will mount up to the palio hub? If you actually done this fit up, please let me know. I need to be 100% sure, because I will have to pre pay about 25k for the discs, pads, rotors, dust shields. ...
BTW, I discussed this with the fiat service adviser/mechanics there. It CAN'T be done. NOT possible. The disc/hub size is different.

Cheers,
Old 29th August 2008, 13:25   #22
BHPian

Shahnawaz,
I got my rotors machined and that made a big difference also, so my brakes are working reasonably well. Looks like the Palio brakes only work o.k. if they are maintained is absolutely top shape.

You may also want to give your brake fluid a flush with DOT 4 spec fluid.

I am not sure whether to believe your service advisors or not. I suspect that their first motivation is to convince the customer not to do anything that is non-standard.

Of course the disc size is different, the whole point of this idea is to put in a bigger disc. The big question is if the Palio hub will accept the Adventure disc brake mounting plate. The only way to find out for sure is if you or I try it.

Regards,
Old 29th August 2008, 14:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Gaurav,

I got the DOT4 flush also done.

I know, I can't believe 100% what the service advisor said but the Palio hub and adventure disc mounting plate size being different is what he said. I had bugged him quite a bit on that.

But yes, you are right, one can be sure only if we test.

Hey, got an idea. Lohit Rao just got an adventure from himself. Will take his Adventure and my S10 to RAC and test sometime.

Cheers,
Old 19th October 2008, 13:27   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the valuable information, seems like Palio breaks need real neat maintenance. I will have to get my breaks done. I feel they wont match the power it has. Apart from the above info, are there any more ways to bring them to next level?
Old 20th October 2008, 18:48   #25
BHPian

Palio Stile Brakes upgrade?

Have a query regarding brake upgrades for my 1.6.

Came across Brembo after market swaps. Please see link below;

Brembo - Sport Brakes

These are the basic upgrades available. May cost around 10k-15k.

My query: Can we swap this on an Indian car?
What about the rear drums?
Is it worth it?
Any warranty issues?

Gurus please help!

Thanks
Old 11th December 2008, 08:11   #26
Team-BHP Support

I have figured out another stock replacement for Palio brakes but haven't had the time to visit the service center to inquire for prices.

If someone visits a Fiat workshop, try to get prices for:

1) Siena type 1 Brake discs (They are bigger in diameter).
2) Siena type 1 disc Brake Caliper (Its bigger than the one in the Palio)
3) Siena type 1 disc brake pads (They are bigger in size as well).

Thanks.
Old 12th December 2008, 07:50   #27
BHPian

hi moralfibre,by type 1 siena what do you mean?is it the first siena that came?can we fix the petra brakes on the palio?
Old 12th December 2008, 08:02   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
hi moralfibre,by type 1 siena what do you mean?is it the first siena that came?can we fix the petra brakes on the palio?
The first Siena that came in India. That one has better brakes size wise and efficiency wise. Their caliper pins seldom require a check unlike in the Palio.

I am not yet sure if its a direct fit.
Old 12th December 2008, 08:42   #29
BHPian

Have given my car for service,will try to find out today!
Old 12th December 2008, 10:50   #30
BHPian

Hi Red,

As already mentioned upgrading the entire braking system to Wilwoods and the like will be an expensive proposition.There is another thread on upgrading brakes which mentions better brake pads like Green,don't know if they are available for the Palio though.Check with N1 or better yet check with Autopsyche,he would be the best person to guide you I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks