Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 14:56   #61
BANNED

I do remember a post (I think on this forum) stating that Stanley leather is not of a very high quality, and prone to cracking. There was some mention about a couple of better quality brands. Remember the legendary brand has been Connolly (I her now defunct). Just check around!
Old 18th May 2009, 15:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

I got my SX4 done from Hello Car in Lajpat Nagar. It was a year ago and cost me 22k . ( a combination of genuine leather in contact area and art leather in non contact areas.)

The seats are doing fine and I am happy that I went for Genuine leather rather than Art leather.
Old 18th May 2009, 15:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do remember a post (I think on this forum) stating that Stanley leather is not of a very high quality, and prone to cracking. There was some mention about a couple of better quality brands. Remember the legendary brand has been Connolly (I her now defunct). Just check around!
i dont think so its true, i been using stanley leather in my car for the past 5 years, never had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I got my SX4 done from Hello Car in Lajpat Nagar. It was a year ago and cost me 22k . ( a combination of genuine leather in contact area and art leather in non contact areas.)

The seats are doing fine and I am happy that I went for Genuine leather rather than Art leather.
22k for part leather and part art leather is a tad expensive.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th May 2009 at 15:41. Reason: see note in post
Old 8th June 2009, 18:10   #64

Stanley Prices in Mumbai?

Hi

Today I got a quote of 23500/- for my Swift from Stanley for genuine leather (classic) in touch areas and art leather for the rest. The covers would be in two-tone color and would include an Alfa Romeo Style bamboo design on seats with Stanley logo. The quote is for seat covers, door trims, hand-brake and steering cover.

I am not sure if these prices are reasonable (looks a bit high to me) given that its not full leather. Also, seems like prices in Bangalore are much less than in Mumbai. Is that true?

Cheers!
Old 11th June 2009, 01:03   #65
BHPian

Steering cover - Stanley genuine leather

Wonder if Stanley or Ceralli would do just the steering cover ( genuine leather) for my Swift? How much would it cost me?
Old 17th June 2009, 19:52   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Are Stanley leather seats suited to our kind of climate? Leather seats are excellent options in colder western countries, but I doubt their comfort quotient here in our tropical climate.
Old 22nd June 2009, 10:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Are Stanley leather seats suited to our kind of climate? Leather seats are excellent options in colder western countries, but I doubt their comfort quotient here in our tropical climate.
All leather seats are suited for any climate. It is after all skin. Upholstery leather must normally be made from the best quality hide by the tannery, unlike cheaper leathers used for shoes and small leather goods. This idea that leather seating is not suitable for tropical climates etc is just a myth. Just make sure you get good quality european cow leather hides ( not the ones made in India as we do not have quality livestock for this purpose, excepting buffalo hide for upholstery which may not give you the same finish and feel of cow hide). If the prices are very low, hides less than 25 square feet in size each, less than 1 mm thick and the leather has a bad smell its most probably locally processed leather that may not meet international standards and not worth putting in a car. Btw Sheep leather like kangaroo leather is not durable for seating but good for gloves and jackets. So no quality conscious manufacturer uses these leathers for seating.
Kärlsson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2009, 13:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

I am just curious. I had almost finalised leather seats when my brother inl aw told me that leather seats get hot soon and takes long time to cool so leather cracks soon, so it is not suitable to hot weather like chennai. Is it true?. I usually park my car in sun as there is no car park at my work place. so is it unsuitable?. what about the resale value?. Does it go up for cars with leather seats?.
Old 17th July 2009, 15:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I am just curious. I had almost finalised leather seats when my brother inl aw told me that leather seats get hot soon and takes long time to cool so leather cracks soon, so it is not suitable to hot weather like chennai. Is it true?. I usually park my car in sun as there is no car park at my work place. so is it unsuitable?. what about the resale value?. Does it go up for cars with leather seats?.
I have Ovion leather seats in my Getz. Installed it about a year back. Before the leather seats, I have PU seat covers on the car and they used to get heated up a lot and took long time to cool down. Compared to that the leather seats are nothing. It neither gets too hot as those previous seat covers nor does it take time to cool down.

I am not sure about the cracks or resale value of the car. In general resale market gives nothing for any kind of mod done on the car including your seats. If anything there might be marginal benefit.

If you always park your car under sun then the best bet would be either to not put any seat covers on the seats (especially not the PU ones) or go for cloth type seats. I have put cloth type covers on my spark and they look pretty good and does not get heated too much. It costed me around 2.5 k, these are the non-stain types and you could find cloth covers for lesser price also.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:22   #70
BHPian

My uncle has it in his NHC Vtec. Does not look much better than a good seat cover. The money can be spent better elsewhere unless you want the "Stanley" brand.
Old 1st August 2009, 08:33   #71
BHPian

Guys have a look here and Decide

any Guesses about the cost of this seat work ?
Attached Thumbnails
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_6193.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_6184.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_6186.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_6195.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_6197.jpg  

Old 1st August 2009, 13:46   #72
BHPian

sorry to saythe stich is ok but the fitting to the seats is just not upto the mark.
Old 1st August 2009, 14:16   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
sorry to saythe stich is ok but the fitting to the seats is just not upto the mark.
Agree, it is pretty evident from the too many wrinkles that is clearly visible. Stich seems to be just fine
Old 1st August 2009, 23:09   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
Thts ok

This may be because These are seat covers and not the leather or fabric which is pasted over the foam.

I think Stanley or others they take off the original fabric and paste the leather or leatherite.

Anyways I got this job done at 4K.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:16   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Thts ok

This may be because These are seat covers and not the leather or fabric which is pasted over the foam.

I think Stanley or others they take off the original fabric and paste the leather or leatherite.

Anyways I got this job done at 4K.
Boss why would you want to ruin a beauty like a Linea with those cheap seat covers? Even if its free??? Sorry nothing personal but it not only looks cheap but will also feel cheap. You could have got the factory fit art leather seats in auto grade PU for a few thousand rupees more??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks