Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 15:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Power steering for Gypsy.

I bought a new soft top Gypsy four years ago, and use it often in the city, with 23k kms on the odo now. I love the car, but for most people the challenges in using it are, in descending order:
1. Brutal suspension at the rear
2. No AC
3. Power steering
I have 215 Yokos on it, and I don't twirl the steering with the base of my hand on the steering wheel on any car I drive, even the power steered ones. All one has to remember is to start to move the steering wheel once there is some motion, even inching, and then manual steering isn't a big issue at all, if one is able to live with items 1 and 2 above. I live with all three, because I don't want to do anything that will affect its brilliant reliability till date.
Old 20th September 2013, 17:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Sawyer on this. My first Gypsy was stock one. Except the bone jarring ride i was ok with no AC and no PS. I sold it and then got a 2010 model. It already had an after market suspension and AC so that was sorted. Till date i never felt the need for a PS. As mentioned above, once you start moving its pretty simple.
Old 24th January 2021, 20:25   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Waking up an old thread...

A friend was looking at having a Koyo PS for his Gypsy but since it's not speed sensitive, he had not gone ahead. But today he sent these three videos and asked me what I think about this. This looks like a neatly done job. Wanted to know what Gypsy owners/experts feel about this

hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks