Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:08   #46
BHPian

I should say that its quite a transformation of your car from being ugly jassi to beautiful priyanka chopra - could not help compare it to the ladies you see .

Jokes apart I should say that its is one of the better looking Lancers that I have seen. Good Job senindra
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congrats Senindra, the car is looking nice and the alloys are very good. What tires are those?
Thanks BlackPearl. The tires are Yokohama ES 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I should say that its quite a transformation of your car from being ugly jassi to beautiful priyanka chopra - could not help compare it to the ladies you see .

Jokes apart I should say that its is one of the better looking Lancers that I have seen. Good Job senindra
Thanks Kailashnj
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Good to speak to after a long time you can trust Suman da of Aloke Automobiles. He is good with the work. Razor and shuvd will be able to help with the "appointment".

Glix is the BEST in kolkata but he charges a premium for his work.

hope to see the car sometime this week. where do you stay?
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Good to speak to after a long time you can trust Suman da of Aloke Automobiles. He is good with the work. Razor and shuvd will be able to help with the "appointment".
Yes, I hope so. I should be meeting Razor today.

Quote:
Glix is the BEST in kolkata but he charges a premium for his work.
I dont mind paying a premium provided I have my piece of mind. I do not want to go back again and again.

Quote:
hope to see the car sometime this week. where do you stay?
Sure. I stay in Salt Lake. But most of the time at Saturday Club or around that area.
Old 25th December 2008, 20:30   #50
BHPian

Just a quick update

A quick update :

Master cylinder changed.

Pioneer 6050 UB installed.

Driving to Puri and Gopalpur early morning tomorrow and will be back on Monday with more pictures.
Old 25th December 2008, 20:47   #51
Team-BHP Support

Hows the braking now Indra?
Old 26th December 2008, 07:16   #52
BHPian

Hey Vid,

Braking is certainly better. But I still dont like it. May be its just that I am used to driving cars with a better bite. All mechanics I have referred to said this is as good as it can get on the lancer with stock set up.

My departure today got delayed - why ? - Last evening I found a screw stuck into the left rear tire. I went to a repair shop which deals in tubeless tires and asked him whether it is deep enough to cause a leakage if the screw is pulled out - he pulled it out, checked, and said should be ok.

Today morning my driver takes out the car and he says there is a flat. So basically sitting at home and waiting for the tire to be repaired and brought back so that I can drive off towards BBSR ASAP.

Indra
Old 6th January 2009, 22:53   #53
BHPian

New disks. New pads installed.

Will be back in India on 20th more updates then
Old 31st January 2009, 00:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Ideal size would have been 195/55-15. If you use the stock size as a reference you will get correct OD but the offset kind of gets messed up. As a compromise for the lancer when you increase the width from 175 to 195 you have to reduce the profile.

It looks pretty good but you get the feeling that it's a bit raised up. Also the front bumper skirt is missing.
Well, always confusing this bit with the Lancer, LoL! If one choses the right PCD, then for GLXi/SLXi (175/80R13), the right upsize is 190/60R15, I have now driven 8k km after my wheel/tyre upgrades, and setup is fine.

However, for SFXi, there is different gearing (as per what HM A.S.S. told me), and stock is 185/60R14. Therefore, 195/50R15 is the right choice, me thinks - 195/60R15 is too large like vid6639 said (over +5% error)

@senindra, Congrats on the reborn Lancer :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks