Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 12:02   #151
BHPian

Hi guys!
Can you suggest/recommend any place from where I can get my 1.3 OHC ECU remapped in Calcutta? and what would be the approximate cost of it? I'm looking for someone with experience but won't charge me a bomb for his expertise! Thanks!
Old 8th July 2012, 22:51   #152
BHPian

re: Performance Mods for the Ol' Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
once that craving sets in,pick up the set of greddy headers that GTO has on his v-tec. Here they sell at 19.5k at a highly marked up store. Its only the 4-2-1 manifold but Ive heard it on Quicksilver's(Coimbatore) 1.5 city (v-tec muffler if im not wrong)and it was the most amazing exhaust note I had heard on a >1.6l car. Needless to mention that with only the exhaust and Air filter upgrade the car was flying on the track.
I'm looking to pick up a set of the Greddy headers myself. Any leads?
Old 13th October 2012, 22:50   #153
BHPian

Re: Performance Mods for the Ol' Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I'm looking to pick up a set of the Greddy headers myself. Any leads?
Just wanted to check if you've picked them up yet.. ?
Old 14th October 2012, 22:42   #154
BHPian

Yep, got a set shiped over from Bangalore.
Old 16th October 2012, 15:25   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share more details? Pricing, sound difference over same muffler, etc.
Did you just change the headers, or did you customise the rest of the exhaust with free flow variants?
Old 16th October 2012, 18:36   #156
BHPian

Haven't installed it yet. Will update all when I do- it'll be a while before that happens though
Old 21st October 2012, 00:21   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva
Could you please share details as to from where in Bangalore..as well as the price
Old 3rd November 2013, 07:36   #158
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping up this thread. I did not want to create another thread for performance mods on the city 1.5

Quite a noob question.
But in what way will a D16z Intake Manifold with a K&N Conical Airfilter benefit an otherwise bone stock 2002 Honda City 1.5exi

Gurus please help.

Thanks
Rohin
Old 20th March 2014, 12:46   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't installed it yet. Will update all when I do- it'll be a while before that happens though
Still waiting for an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Sorry for bumping up this thread. I did not want to create another thread for performance mods on the city 1.5

Quite a noob question.
But in what way will a D16z Intake Manifold with a K&N Conical Airfilter benefit an otherwise bone stock 2002 Honda City 1.5exi

Gurus please help.

Thanks
Rohin
Hopefully someone is able to answer this question, it sounds interesting.
Old 11th September 2020, 01:02   #160
BHPian

Hi everyone! Any suggestions for performance mods and other changes for the 4th gen petrol City? I've got the car since 2014 and want to give it a mid life update so I can keep the car another 3 years.
Old 19th September 2020, 10:12   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post

Quite a noob question.

Gurus please help.

Thanks
Rohin
Hi Rohan they claim better air flow and say it does add about 6 to 7 HP of power. I dont think anyone has dynoed it but u will definitely feel this increase in the power bands.

The cheapest way to get max power of the city is slapping on a turbo nothing that multiplies the power to cost ratio like this.
Old 19th September 2020, 10:16   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Hi everyone! Any suggestions for performance mods and other changes for the 4th gen petrol City? I've got the car since 2014 and want to give it a mid life update so I can keep the car another 3 years.
Get a free flow exhaust and a k and N filter. The new age cities are a little sensitive to mods compared to the earlier generations specially the 1st that could takena lot of abuse.

Yes the car is good and have seen cars done 1.8 L kms on the odometer with just oil and Service changes done. Had a cousins car same model and just did up the interiors and a put of a ll the paint touchup etc to give it a new lease of life. Will share a few pictures later once I get hold of him.

Last edited by Silver Streak : 19th September 2020 at 10:18.
Old 19th September 2020, 12:16   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Get a free flow exhaust and a k and N filter. The new age cities are a little sensitive to mods compared to the earlier generations specially the 1st that could takena lot of abuse.

Yes the car is good and have seen cars done 1.8 L kms on the odometer with just oil and Service changes done. Had a cousins car same model and just did up the interiors and a put of a ll the paint touchup etc to give it a new lease of life. Will share a few pictures later once I get hold of him.
Thanks, and look forward to the photos! Did he also spruce up the suspension? What was the cost?
Old 19th September 2020, 14:36   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rohan they claim better air flow and say it does add about 6 to 7 HP of power. I dont think anyone has dynoed it but u will definitely feel this increase in the power bands.

The cheapest way to get max power of the city is slapping on a turbo nothing that multiplies the power to cost ratio like this.
Quote:
18 years later, my car is still running bone stock and great. With the car's age and limitations, did not fiddle around with the engine. Nor is there any good aftermarket support for the same in Kolkata. I have just kept the car for sentimental reasons.

For the hunger of more power, fortunately have other cars at home now.
Old 20th September 2020, 00:22   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Thanks, and look forward to the photos! Did he also spruce up the suspension? What was the cost?
Cost for the seats from a renowned company for about 18k art leather and did the door pads as well as the steering wheel and gear knob in leather. Another 5k for 5d mats.

Suspension not yet but will be going down the route of either kyb nitrogen shocks or the trws nitrogen too. I used both in my type 2 city vtec and liked the kyb a lot better than the trw. Gave the city a more planted feel on the highway and the floaty feeling like a speedboat of water was gone. Cornered better too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks