Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 01:49   #121
Senior - BHPian

yes EXACTLY this kind (but a sedan version of this one). PM President. PM Viper if you can't find president. IMHO, this car is still unsold. Rony Vesuna AKA President owns this car and its lying at a garage. ive seen it from the outside and it looks in pretty good shape. pm these 2 people for more info. cheers!
Old 20th April 2009, 21:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

A BMW can be bought for 8 lakhs. Then you have to spend several to get it running in stock form. Then several more to add performance to it. BMW engines aren't cheap and neither are people who know how to work with them.
Old 20th April 2009, 21:26   #123
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, along with appropriate punctuation, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2009 at 14:39.
abhayshanu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th April 2009, 21:46   #124
Senior - BHPian

A second hand vRS will have to be thoroughly inspected as it may have been abused. Parts aren't cheap even if the power is. Tuning it up is a far easier business compared to the VTEC because it comes with a stock turbo mated to a solid block.

For 5 lakhs, if it is a good piece, it really is the VFM proposition. But any kind of maintenance will make you wish you had bought the VTEC instead.

P.S : The Pete's box, or the PSI power box as it is known abroad, is only for diesels. For the vRS, you'll have to remap the ECU.

As for the VTEC, well, it's smaller and it will be cheaper than the vRS to maintain. Definitely more downmarket, but rocketship like power is only a B16 swap away
Old 20th April 2009, 21:53   #125
BHPian

So what should i do, i wont mind spending a little more on maintainance with the vRS, also my friend is very good at buying second hand cars, i will be asking him only to help me, he could have bought a 49k km run, 2006 model vRS for 4.55 lacs, but he didnt want to so he quoted 3.5 lacs. But any ways he really knows his cars, he has never owned a new car, except than a UNO which he bought but didnt like, so sold and incured losses, so he never buys. He has recently bought a vtec for 2.45 lacs, excellent condition, so i can definatle trust i will get a good condition vRS. Only thing remains, will the maintaiance be much more than the vtec, like 40-50% more? or what?
Old 20th April 2009, 23:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Check the Skoda threads by the mods. Maintenance cost is more than Merc C220 levels. Get the car checked by a good Skoda A.S.S or independent garage. You can refer to these threads for that info.

N_C, navin, ajmat, all have extremely informative threads about their own vRSs.
Old 21st April 2009, 02:46   #127
Senior - BHPian

No Indian car will go to 300 hp as easily as an RS.
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:35   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
If you've driven an AWD, you'll know that at any normal speed, they understeer like crazy. On a tight turn, say a hairpin, a well balanced FWD would be quicker than an AWD. Please don't go by whatever you read on some random page.
From what I have gathered, the common belief is that RWD cars tend to oversteer, FWD cars tend to understeer and AWD offer neutral handling.
That's at least what Forester advertised and the reviewers wrote.
My own experience with Forester also gave me an impression that it turned sharply compared to the FWD cars I had driven.

Experts, your views please
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:10   #129
BHPian

Not exactly, if the weight of the FWD can is more or it is traveling at a very high speed, i.e greater than what its suspension can handle, then it understeers.
Similar with a RWD, if it is traveling at a high speed, the rear of the car tends to oversteer, but unlike the FWD cars, it is quite difficult to get the car back to normal, if you release the acclerator, then the rear tyres loose even more grip and drift even more, the only way is to accelerate and counter steer.

Guys i have decided, no OHC for now, will get later for mom, i am getting a vRS, the search is on. Also i wont be modding it.........Much, Muhahahahahahahahaha (evil laugh)
I dont know why but just wanted to laugh like a evil dude, anyways anyone seeing a good condition vRS contact me quickly, my budget is 5 lacs max, any colour will do, and preferbly in maharashtra.
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:11   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
From what I have gathered, the common belief is that RWD cars tend to oversteer, FWD cars tend to understeer and AWD offer neutral handling.
That's at least what Forester advertised and the reviewers wrote.
My own experience with Forester also gave me an impression that it turned sharply compared to the FWD cars I had driven.
What you say holds true for a long fast curve. On a tight turn, such as a hairpin, an AWD will understeer heavily. It is much tougher to make a U-turn or a tight slow hairpin in an Evo than a regular Lancer.
Old 22nd April 2009, 21:29   #131
BANNED

hey dude you've finally decided congrats..... hope you find your car soon best of luck .
Old 29th April 2009, 18:35   #132
BHPian

Hi,I would like some help in identifying (part number) which performance filter / filter kit either green cotton, or pipercross can be used for OHC Type 2.
Also should I go for the entire CAI kit or just buy the filter and get the piping done locally and in doing so will be any difference in performance between the two?,plus if anyone can attach installation pics, it will be great! Thanks
Old 29th April 2009, 23:11   #133
BHPian

Dont know part numbers, but if you have someone to do the DIY for the CAI then go for it, else just go to a good and experienced guy, they also just use the conical air filter and use pipings to place it at a place away from the engine bay, doing this you spend around 15k and the conical air filter costs around 10k, so you pay around 5k extra for pipe and mehnat.
There is not difference between the two, it is only the quality of air filter used, here on T-BHP there is a thread which proves that green cotton is better than pipercross or K&N, atleast in some cases, if not all.
Also why do you want a CAI, it can cause many problems? i am just asking even though i would also get it because of the sound. It is quite difficult to maintain and during rains can cause problems, look at every pros and cons then decide.Suggested by many, most indian cars dont NEED CAI as the power figures or the temp is not high enough for the requirement of a CAI, not to mention SRAI, the speeds required to cool the engine efficiently is not reached on most indian road conditions.
Old 29th April 2009, 23:27   #134
BHPian

hey thanks a ton for the input! I have used K&N long time ago,,bought my first filter 6 years back for Bolero,A regular pod type costing around 5,000 installed it with some custom piping.There was definatly some performance gain.
As you mentioned i think CAI may not be required.
But i think definatly open pod type filter will contribute to some perfomance gain.
If you have pictures of installation of these filters in OHC please do upload them,so i can get the custom piping done the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Dont know part numbers, but if you have someone to do the DIY for the CAI then go for it, else just go to a good and experienced guy, they also just use the conical air filter and use pipings to place it at a place away from the engine bay, doing this you spend around 15k and the .......
Old 30th April 2009, 09:44   #135
BHPian

Search the threads, i have not done, someone else, i will search and see if i can find.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks