Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2020, 02:20   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Contessa Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
You restored a Contessa? When? Process and pictures please for benefit of all.
He's referring to his Mahindra Classic.
Old 24th October 2020, 15:43   #512

Hi,

I have a set of 19 inch alloys from my BMW X6 , which I plan to put in on a conTessa we are restoring... Can you please advice if 19 inch requires any modification on the tie rod and suspension ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
Dear Friends,
Thanks for the Support, Patronage - you have given to the indian muscle car - Contessa. This Thread is basically started to cover all aspects of this car, in both petrol and diesel variants.
The main purpose of this thread is to help every contessa owner about his car's mechanicals, alterations, maintenance, and also spares availability, advice on mechanics, et al.

The PCD of the Contessa is 120.5 which is the same as for any BMW cars, so trying to find a suitable OE rim is a waste of time. If you could get your hands on a set of BMW rims, then its ok. Otherwise, you have to resort to some mechanical alterations, to fit the upsize 15” wheel rims, which technically is very intricate, so I will leave this subject to rest. A 15” BMW wheel rim Plus a Ford Fusion OE Spec tyre will be the only right match for people who wish to upsize their contessa rims and tyres. Otherwise the best option would be to fit the 185/80R13 tyres, the widest one available to accommodate in the OE Contessa wheel rims.
Old 25th October 2020, 02:35   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveknair11 View Post
Hi,

I have a set of 19 inch alloys from my BMW X6 , which I plan to put in on a conTessa we are restoring... Can you please advice if 19 inch requires any modification on the tie rod and suspension ?
Yes, surely the 19 inch rims will rub the fenders on full steering lock, and to avoid that, spacers could be used, which again will rub on the fenders. All this, if you could find a very low profile tyres to match.

Tried all the sorts of permutation combos, but something or other had to be compromised.

The value of the Contessa lives in its originality of the specs - my humble opinion. Cheers.
shekaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 13:56   #514

Hi Sekaran,

Thank you for the feedback. We decided to go with 17 inch wheels of BMW. Can you please help us to source Lower and Upper ball joint for Contessa. The car is currently in Coimbatore and under painting process

Hello All,

Any lead to find contessa upper and lower ball joints ( 1997 Contessa Diesel with Isuzu Engine) in Coimbatore or Kerala.

Restoration in the final stage...currently being painted

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd April 2023 at 12:13. Reason: Please take your time & reply to all posts in one go, instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 19th September 2022, 19:12   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Read about the Contessa- featured here is a 1990 Contessa that has been fully restored from it's junked condition.

The e-magazine link:-

https://magazine.derivaz-ives.com/a-...-the-contessa/

Images

Contessa Classic-2withlonghoodshortdecklooksthehindustancontessawasindia_sanswertotheamericanmusclecars.jpg

Contessa Classic-3proudonwershubhajitkumarposeswithhisbeautifullyrestoredcontessa.jpg

Contessa Classic-4ascanbeseenfromthebadgingkumar_scontessaisa1.8litreglversion.jpg

Contessa Classic-5awithchromebumpersandsubtlehighlightingthefirstversionofthecontessaremainsthepurest.jpg

Contessa Classic-5bwithchromebumpersandsubtlehighlightingthefirstversionofthecontessaremainsthepurest.jpg

Contessa Classic-6excellentstancegivesthecontessaaveryelegantlook.jpg

Contessa Classic-7designedbyamericandesignerwaynecherrythevauxhallvictorfewasaverysuccessfulmodel.jpg

Contessa Classic-8ashubhajitkumarhasmadeitapointtoretaintheoriginalityofthedashboard.jpg

Contessa Classic-8bshubhajitkumarhasmadeitapointtoretaintheoriginalityofthedashboard.jpg

Contessa Classic-9withmorethanenoughlegroomthecontessaisavertcomfortablefiveseater.jpg

Contessa Classic-10poweringshubhajit_scontessaisthe1.8litrepetrolunitwhichusedtobemadeunderlicencefromisuzu.jpg

Contessa Classic-11shubhajitoptedtochangetheheadlampstoapairoftwins.jpg

Contessa Classic-12shubhajitkumarandhiscontessa.jpg

(all pictures courtesy de Rivas and Ives)
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 21:52   #516
BHPian

This Contessa is for sale by a garage owner who has good collection of vintage as well as classic cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-contessa-front.jpg  

Contessa Classic-contessa-left-side.jpg  

Contessa Classic-contessa-rear.jpg  

Contessa Classic-contessa-right.jpg  

rch_vijayant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 16:24   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
A long time wish of owning a Conti is finally turning to reality.
Heartiest congratulations sir for owning this beauty.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th October 2022 at 17:13. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 6th January 2023, 16:06   #518
BHPian

Hi there mates, I wanted to enquire what size of rubber wiper blades are used on the Contessa?
Old 8th February 2023, 10:17   #519
BHPian

Tuning Contessa Nikki Carburettor

Hi guys, can anyone shed some light on how to properly tune the Nikki carburettor of the contessa? The car has an extremely rough idle like a series of grunts that shakes the bonnet and it stalls quite often when just idling even after the engine has warmed up.
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:52   #520
BHPian

Hey guys, does anyone know how to reinstall the wiper arms and their correct resting position? Car came without wipers and I've sourced new arms and blades but unsure of how exactly to fit them
Old 7th April 2023, 10:11   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtronic View Post
Hey guys, does anyone know how to reinstall the wiper arms and their correct resting position? Car came without wipers and I've sourced new arms and blades but unsure of how exactly to fit them
As far as I know, it comes with Grooved Pivots on which the arm sits. Try pressing the arms on the pivot at rest position.
KkVaidya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 10:38   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
As far as I know, it comes with Grooved Pivots on which the arm sits. Try pressing the arms on the pivot at rest position.
Thanks for the reply. They do indeed have the grooved pivot you spoke of. Just a few doubts, do the arms have to sit all the way down on the grooves of the pivot? Is it safe to hammer them lightly with a spanner for this? Also is rest position just above the rubber beading of the windshield? And lastly, left and right are interchangeable is it not? Or is there some slight difference?
Old 10th April 2023, 10:39   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtronic View Post
Thanks for the reply. They do indeed have the grooved pivot you spoke of. Just a few doubts, do the arms have to sit all the way down on the grooves of the pivot? Is it safe to hammer them lightly with a spanner for this? Also is rest position just above the rubber beading of the windshield? And lastly, left and right are interchangeable is it not? Or is there some slight difference?
The wipers will sit 3-4" upwards of the windshield beading. Slight pressure would be required. Left and right are interchangeable as they are the same size.
KkVaidya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 16:24   #524

Hello Bhpians,
I own a diesel Isuzu engine 2.0 contessa. I request to guide through the following issues:
1. I am planning to change it with Isuzu petrol engine. Please suggest what all options i have. Can I opt for other engine rather than going for an Isuzu one?
2. I also want to replace the upper and lower ball joints as they are worn-out.
3. Looking for chrome bumper, i request for some references please.
4. It is manual steering, which power steering is a direct fit and will go for a long run?
Thanks in anticipation.
Old 20th April 2023, 14:51   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir14__ View Post
Hello Bhpians,
I own a diesel Isuzu engine 2.0 contessa. I request to guide through the following issues:
1. I am planning to change it with Isuzu petrol engine. Please suggest what all options i have. Can I opt for other engine rather than going for an Isuzu one?
2. I also want to replace the upper and lower ball joints as they are worn-out.
3. Looking for chrome bumper, i request for some references please.
4. It is manual steering, which power steering is a direct fit and will go for a long run?
Thanks in anticipation.
1. I would suggest the ISUZU 4ZB1 which is readily available and parts are not a problem. Also fitting it in the engine bay and syncing to the gear box would be comparatively easy.

2. Upper/Lower ball joints are available but most of them are aftermarket. They don't last long.

3. Consider yourself lucky if you get Steel bumpers. If available, asking price is very high.

4. Put the OE power steering kit. Would be available and fitting/performance is known and proven.
KkVaidya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks